What Do You Think About The Eddie Long Situation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
I just joined this board, so I don't know if this topis was already brought up (I looked it up but found no results). I know that it was the biggest news since Michael Jackson's death, when it came out.

I'm not asking what you think about Eddie Long as a person, but what you feel about the situation as a whole.

The whole thing was very surreal when it came out. I could not believe what I was reading/hearing. For the record, since the beginning, I have been totally unconvinced that the charges against the bishop were true. I don't believe a word of it. But this is just my personal opinion; an opinoons are like noses--everybody has one. I am still very confused about this whole thing. I don't know what to believe or who to listen to. Pastor G Craig Lewis, a highly respected and reputable prophet who is known for exposing hip hop music and sin in the body of Christ, has labeled Eddie Long, and many other big time preachers as heretics. So I am really confused, to say the least, about what is happening in the church as a whole. Something just isn't adding up.

Here is a clip of Carlton Pearson's response to the Eddie Long situation
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=D6jCeJA0c2g

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
What is the eddie long situation? was it the bishop that had sex or a sex tape? If it is then this is just an example of the churches in america and how crooked the can be.

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
Eddie Long is the black Bishop of New Birth... in Georgia (program "Taking Authority" which comes on TBN) who was a part of the recent sex scandal involving the young men.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I am curious as to the purpose of discussing this person.

Either he did it or he didn't.

If he did then he needs to repent, ask forgiveness from God and his congregation and step down.

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Well if he did it he needs to talk to God if he didnt then the false witnesses need to. Either way its not for me to judge I pray that the Lord's will be done and that his children come out of this situation better than they were before.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad it is not my concern.

Ingbert

Feb 4, 2011
Northern Kentucky
I just joined this board, so I don't know if this topis was already brought up (I looked it up but found no results). I know that it was the biggest news since Michael Jackson's death, when it came out.

I'm not asking what you think about Eddie Long as a person, but what you feel about the situation as a whole.

The whole thing was very surreal when it came out. I could not believe what I was reading/hearing. For the record, since the beginning, I have been totally unconvinced that the charges against the bishop were true. I don't believe a word of it. But this is just my personal opinion; an opinoons are like noses--everybody has one. I am still very confused about this whole thing. I don't know what to believe or who to listen to. Pastor G Craig Lewis, a highly respected and reputable prophet who is known for exposing hip hop music and sin in the body of Christ, has labeled Eddie Long, and many other big time preachers as heretics. So I am really confused, to say the least, about what is happening in the church as a whole. Something just isn't adding up.

Here is a clip of Carlton Pearson's response to the Eddie Long situation
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=D6jCeJA0c2g

Frankly, I haven't been paying much attention to the Eddie Long situation. So many anti-gay pastors or politicians get caught with their pants down (so to speak) it's hardly even news any more.

are-you-gay-graph2.gif