What do you wanna thank God for today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
Since Turkey Day is in a few weeks, I thought I would make a thread to give daily thanks to God for his many blessings that we all may take for granted sometimes. Just each day whenever you think of something to be thankful for, come in here and post it, no matter how basic. God deserves our thanks.

---------------------------

Today I am thankful for his sunshine on this November day.

MrsMopar

Oct 26, 2011
Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee
Great idea!

I have a huge list but I will narrow it down... ;)

I want to thank God for His love for me; for my children and my husband.
I thank God for His many blessings...and that because of his Son, I can have eternal love & life.
AMEN!

Have a blessed day Redeemed!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'm taken back a little by the holiday reasoning. I do celebrate Thanksgiving Day, and it is a day to be thankful, but so is every day. However, that being said, and believing we should be thankful every day:

1. Grace
2. Truth
3. Food
4. Rainment
5. All the other things I've received. My wife, my pets, my job and my friends.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We don't celebrate Turkey Day but I'm thankful for his loving kindness, which is better than life. Psalms 63:2-4

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
..for using this rare online fellowship as a tool to break down denominational/cultural barriers and allow us to come together in your name.

(sidenote: this isn't a Thanksgiving/Holiday thread. Inspired by it, but more of a daily "thank you" thread)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I want to thank the Lord for great friends that I have made here at CyB :p

(thanks for the sidenote: I would have continued to think that this was a Turkey day thread)

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
Thank God for continually showing us our error, but still loving us the same. There's no one like him. :D

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thank God that I have a family, a roof over my head, plenty of food to eat, and that I am literate.

Being grateful is the beginning of generosity - I pray that I follow though.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You Father for all that was, all that is, and all that is yet to come, from everlasting to everlasting. Thank You Father for all things received, all things taken away, and all things planned. In Jesus' name.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You Father for Your Son, Jesus Christ, Your Word. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your HolySpirit.

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
Thank you for your brave sons and daughters, that have had the courage to risk their lives to maintain the freedoms and luxuries that we have in this country.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks God for the things easily taken for granted.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
I want to thank the Lord God, for providing all I need, when I need it and sometimes before I need it...Wahoo...God is so good to me.....

And oh another thing...Australians don't celebrate Turkey day either the way we do...but my church does since I stated it about 6 years ago...Australia does celebrate a thanksgiving day, but it is for the people out there saving, protecting and caring for the rest of Australian..It is not a thanksgiving to thank God...

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Did you know that the first [Plymouth Colony Pilgrim's] Thanksgiving was a celebration of the triumph of private property and individual initiative?

William Bradford was the governor of the original Pilgrim colony, founded at Plymouth in 1621. The colony was first organized on a communal basis, as their financiers required. Land was owned in common. The Pilgrims farmed communally, too, following the "from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs" precept.

The results were disastrous. Communism didn't work any better 400 years ago than it does today. By 1623, the colony had suffered serious losses. Starvation was imminent.

Bradford realized that the communal system encouraged and rewarded waste and laziness and inefficiency, and destroyed individual initiative. Desperate, he abolished it. He distributed private plots of land among the surviving Pilgrims, encouraging them to plant early and farm as individuals, not collectively.

The results: a bountiful early harvest that saved the colonies. After the harvest, the Pilgrims celebrated with a day of Thanksgiving -- on August 9th.

Unfortunately, William Bradford's diaries -- in which he recorded the failure of the collectivist system and the triumph of private enterprise -- were lost for many years. When Thanksgiving was later made a national holiday, the present November date was chosen. And the lesson the Pilgrims so painfully learned was, alas, not made a part of the holiday.

Happily, Bradford's diaries were later rediscovered. They're available today in paperback. They tell the real story of Thanksgiving -- how private property and individual initiative saved the Pilgrims.

This Thanksgiving season, one of the many things I'm thankful for is our free market system (imperfectly realized as it is). And I'm also grateful that there are increasing numbers of Americans who are learning the importance of free markets, and who are working to replace government coercion with marketplace cooperation here in America and around the world.
- Paul Schmidt

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
John 10:28
"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand."

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you
.”

For his nature, one of the many reasons I gladly walk in love, not fear. His powerful words giving me strength to endure all trials I face, knowing he's right there with me.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
I thank God for all of you. Even for those that might speak harshly of me or to me. For I thank you for all that you have helped me to learn. I give my Father the credit for His wisdom is what makes it possible. But I see that I need you regardless of your flaws and regardless of my own flaws. Together in us God is working miracles and I am deeply grateful for that.