What does Scripture say about the King James Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The King's Bible has not only verses and chapters, but also prophetic contexts marked with ¶. In addition, the order of the books of the Bible is also prophetic.

"...And now, pay attention to the essential distinction of the King James Bible from all another previously published Bibles. In the regulation of the translators of the King James Bible were all texts of the books of the Old Testament and the New Testament, recorded in the originals of the antiochian manuscripts. It is have been said: “and search was made” (Еzra.6:1), and “there was found” (Еzra.6:2). God himself gave instructions to find these texts, they specifically sought its and ones were found. These antiochian manuscripts are the foundation on whom “the house was built” in the SEVENTEENTH century. But the translators of the other Bibles had not such manuscripts, they were hidden for them, and they used, mainly, the available translations for it, they used to what was “at hand”. The fact is, that the Roman Catholic Church and “their companions”, through the dark ages, have made great efforts for the destruction of the manuscripts that contained the word of God. The owners of these manuscripts have died with a martyr’s death, and manuscripts were burnt at the stake. For example, the Bible Luther, before his death, was published 13 times, and with each subsequent edition each time were the new fixes. And this process could go on to infinity, but errors in the translation would not be less, because these texts, whom were taken advantage translators, already contained errors. Perhaps these translations had been deliberately damaged, as all the Roman texts of the Vatican. It is not difficult to guess, who the author of those distortions was.

As no deeply popular language is written the Luther’s Bible, and as no great scholarship the author of the translation was, but his work was not inspired. And to whom needs a house, which is built on the broken foundation, if there is a choice? This applies to all, without exception the Bibles, issued prior to 1611. The scripture, in respect of the authors of all these translations, figuratively says: They were not forbidden to “build”, but also permission from “the King”, for carrying out of these works there was not. But in that time their works were of great value. And in fact, if “the prophets of God” (Еzra.5:2) did not say prophetic speeches “in the name of the God of Israel” (Еzra.5:1), show initiative to resume “construction”, then someone would become search “in the kings treasure house” (Еzra.5:17)? Their role and contribution to the “construction” are obvious. The beginning of the Reformation in the SIXTEENTH century was the beginning of a new period in the history of “Сhurch of the first born”, it is the period “of the church in Philadelphia” (Rev.3:7). It has kept the word of God in the international language of that time.

Thus, writing of the King James Bible was the expression of the “Kings will”. Only this translation was “sanctioned” from above. Only this translation is the word of God, saved correctly..."
(From work by S.Y. Kharchenko “The Bible of the King”)
Chapter and verse numbering system was invented years before the people who put together the King James. And they used the concept from previous bibles.

Reactions: Jim B

Konstantin

Aug 8, 2022
Bryansk
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
Chapter and verse numbering system was invented years before the people who put together the King James. And they used the concept from previous bibles.
Do you believe what Scripture says - "All Scripture is giuen by inspiration of God" (2 Tim. 3:16)? Do you believe that God kept His word? Do you believe that the number of inspired books is 66?

Reactions: BeyondET

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures don't just talk about the US and Russia and the King James Bible and other things, even though the Antiochian manuscripts were written before they were. By the way, your statement that the Bible appeared in the first century is incorrect.

My statement is correct sir, the writing of the Bible was concluded by the year 100 CE. It was started a bit before 1500 BCE, has over 40 penmen. But you are correct, it did not become the Bible until centuries later around 400 CE, but I was referring to the completion of the writings of John the last penned additions to what became the compiled Bible Kons.

Konstantin

Aug 8, 2022
Bryansk
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
My statement is correct sir, the writing of the Bible was concluded by the year 100 CE. It was started a bit before 1500 BCE, has over 40 penmen. But you are correct, it did not become the Bible until centuries later around 400 CE, ...
In my posts above, you can read when the inspired text of the Bible appeared on the basis of Scripture, and not on the basis of human thinking.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe what Scripture says - "All Scripture is giuen by inspiration of God" (2 Tim. 3:16)? Do you believe that God kept His word? Do you believe that the number of inspired books is 66?

Do you believe in spelling words correctly? "All Scripture is giuen by inspiration of God" is out-of-context and misspelled. Here is the complete sentence in English: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV

Reactions: RLT63

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my posts above, you can read when the inspired text of the Bible appeared on the basis of Scripture, and not on the basis of human thinking.

Yes, human thinking can be a dangerous activity! Are you joking?

Konstantin

Aug 8, 2022
Bryansk
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
I don't believe that God exists, I know that He exists.

Cain also knew that God exists. He even talked to Him, but God... him.

"All Scripture is giuen by inspiration of God, & is profitable for doctrine, for reproofe, for correction, for instrution in righteousnesse,

That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished vnto all good workes."
(2Тим.3:16-17)

Your text perverts the meaning of God's words. The word "doctrine" here means Biblical doctrine.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe in spelling words correctly? "All Scripture is giuen by inspiration of God" is out-of-context and misspelled. Here is the complete sentence in English: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV
he is using an olde english manuscript.. thats how the origional KJV was written.

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain also knew that God exists. He even talked to Him, but God... him.

"All Scripture is giuen by inspiration of God, & is profitable for doctrine, for reproofe, for correction, for instrution in righteousnesse,

That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished vnto all good workes."
(2Тим.3:16-17)

Your text perverts the meaning of God's words. The word "doctrine" here means Biblical doctrine.
where did you learn what you posted in the OP?

Reactions: Wrangler

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I do and there is more than 66 books but unfortunately the ones mentioned in the OT are not public I don't think they are gone from earth.

Who says these books mentioned in the bible are not inspired?

The Book of Wars, Num. 21:14
The Book of Jasher, Josh. 10:13
The Chronicles of David, 1 Chron. 27:24
The Book of the Kings of Israel and Judah, 2 Chron. 27:7; 35:27; 36:8
The Book of the Kings of Israel, I Chron. 9:1; 2 Chron. 20:34.
The Words of the Kings of Israel, 2 Chron. 33:18.
The Decree of David the King of Israel, 2 Chron. 35:4.
The Chronicles of Samuel the Seer, 1 Chron. 29:29
The Chronicles of Nathan the Prophet, 1 Chron. 29:29
The Book of Gad, 1 Chron. 29:29
The Book of the Prophet Iddo, 2 Chron. 13:22
The Words of Shemaiah the Prophet, 2 Chron. 12:15
The Deeds of Uzziah by Isaiah the Prophet, 2 Chron. 26:22; 32:32
The Book of Jehu, 2 Chron. 20:34
The Record book of Ahasuerus, Esther 2:23; 6:1
The Book of Remembrance, Mal. 3:16
The Book of Life, Dan. 12:1; Phil. 4:3; Rev. 20:11; 22:19
The Book of Judgment, Dan. 7:10; Rev. 20:12
The seven-sealed book, Rev. 5:1, 13.
An angel’s book, Rev. 10:2

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The bible in existence when the KJV was translated and authorised by King James was the Geneva Bible. King James didn't like the Geneva bible because it had additional notes in it which undermined the authority of Monarchs.

The substance of the Geneva bible is not that different to the KJV. The KJV was written around the time of Shakespear when the English language took on a poetic element. The Geneva bible on the other hand, although written by Englishmen didn't have the same element.

The Geneva bible was penned after escaping the persecutions in England by fleeing to Europe to the relative freedoms of Holland and Switzerland.

The KJV is called the authorised version because King James approved it or authorised it. It didn't have the pesky additional notes that King James found threatening in the Geneva bible.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am always glad to discuss any Bible related topic Kons, so if you make a statement or ask a question I will always respond sir.

Konstantin

Aug 8, 2022
Bryansk
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
Yes I do and there is more than 66 books but unfortunately the ones mentioned in the OT are not public I don't think they are gone from earth.

Who says these books mentioned in the bible are not inspired?

The Book of Wars, Num. 21:14
The Book of Jasher, Josh. 10:13
The Chronicles of David, 1 Chron. 27:24
The Book of the Kings of Israel and Judah, 2 Chron. 27:7; 35:27; 36:8
The Book of the Kings of Israel, I Chron. 9:1; 2 Chron. 20:34.
The Words of the Kings of Israel, 2 Chron. 33:18.
The Decree of David the King of Israel, 2 Chron. 35:4.
The Chronicles of Samuel the Seer, 1 Chron. 29:29
The Chronicles of Nathan the Prophet, 1 Chron. 29:29
The Book of Gad, 1 Chron. 29:29
The Book of the Prophet Iddo, 2 Chron. 13:22
The Words of Shemaiah the Prophet, 2 Chron. 12:15
The Deeds of Uzziah by Isaiah the Prophet, 2 Chron. 26:22; 32:32
The Book of Jehu, 2 Chron. 20:34
The Record book of Ahasuerus, Esther 2:23; 6:1
The Book of Remembrance, Mal. 3:16
The Book of Life, Dan. 12:1; Phil. 4:3; Rev. 20:11; 22:19
The Book of Judgment, Dan. 7:10; Rev. 20:12
The seven-sealed book, Rev. 5:1, 13.
An angel’s book, Rev. 10:2
We are talking about the inspiration of the books of Scripture, not about the books mentioned in Scripture. You have not listed all the books mentioned in Scripture.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are talking about the inspiration of the books of Scripture, not about the books mentioned in Scripture. You have not listed all the books mentioned in Scripture.

they are part of scripture and was inspired but man chose to not include them.

There are more than 66 and the ones I mentioned