What does the Olive Tree represent?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
[QUOTE="marks, post: 819988, member: 7985"
]Well, if I understand what you are saying, the Olive tree is not currently being grafted into, and that this teaching shows the time when the "go into all nations teaching them" command was applicable.

Jeremiah shows that this word picture should be applied not to individual gentiles within a non-Jewish faith, but to the people groups of the nations and how they relate to Israel.

The OT times depict other nations as corporately serving or denying God, same in the end of Zecheriah of the coming kingdom age, "the nation that does not come". But with the abeyance of the kingdom offer to Israel, and with the Gospel now sent to the gentiles, this is an entirely different thing, and we're not talking about nations being added to Israel, who is the head of the nations, with the light to the gentiles shining through Israel. That will be in the Millennium.

Now we're talking about God going directly to individuals, on a completely personal basis. So we're not being grafted into the Olive Tree, that was the dispensation then, as Israel still could have repented nationally, and the kingdom come. But when that time ended, the Olive Tree is in the same abeyance as is the offer of the kingdom.

Is this what you're saying?
Much love!
[/QUOTE]
Hi @marks,

How did I miss this!! Thank you for drawing my attention to it.

The only word I can use is 'Yes', to all three points.

Thank you, marks
Within the love of Christ
Our Saviour, our Lord and our Head.
Chris

Reactions: marks

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Branches

Hi Charity,
I created a video on this subject a month or so ago. I hope you like it.