What Happened To Cain?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
After Cain killed Abel God put a mark on Cain's forehead so that no-one would try to kill him and told him he had to wonder the earth. Does that mean that Cain could still be alive today, just wodnering around from one city to another, one country to another or could he be long dead. He could have died in the flood, that seems likely?

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or he could be in Iowa.

I understand it stands for Idiots Out Wandering Alone.

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Sensible answers please!

Is he either walking the earth today or did he die in the flood?

Gen 4: 23-24 seem to indicate that Cain was killed by his great x 4 grandson, Lamech.

Gen 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.
Gen 4:18 And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech.
Gen 4:19 And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.
Gen 4:20 And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle.
Gen 4:21 And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.
Gen 4:22 And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah.
Gen 4:23 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.
Gen 4:24 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold.

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
What makes you think he would be longer lived than all other humans?

For one thing he was a hybrid. Cain’s mother was Eve; his father was the Serpent, Satan. For another, many lived 900 years + back before God shortened our life span to 120 years.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
For one thing he was a hybrid. Cain’s mother was Eve; his father was the Serpent, Satan. For another, many lived 900 years + back before God shortened our life span to 120 years.

Hello Paul,

Cain's father was Adam.

Genesis 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife: who conceived and brought forth Cain, saying: I have gotten a man through God.

In Christ,
Selene

Reactions: truthquest

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Hello Paul,

Cain's father was Adam.

Genesis 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife: who conceived and brought forth Cain, saying: I have gotten a man through God.

In Christ,
Selene

NO! Look at Adam's genealogy, is Cain in it? NO!

Read: “The True Sin in the Garden of Eden Bible Study” in Word of God Bible Study Forum :
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/447-the-true-sin-in-the-garden-of-eden-bible-study/

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
That's Seth's geneology so why woudl Cain be in it. Cain has his own. Caion and Abel were both sons of Adam and Eve. There is a legend that Cain was the son of Adam and Lillith but I'd discount that since we don't believe in Lillith.

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
That's Seth's geneology so why woudl Cain be in it. Cain has his own. Caion and Abel were both sons of Adam and Eve. There is a legend that Cain was the son of Adam and Lillith but I'd discount that since we don't believe in Lillith.

Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
Gen 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
Gen 5:4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
Gen 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
Gen 5:6 And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos:
Gen 5:7 And Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:
Gen 5:8 And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.
Gen 5:9 And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan:
Gen 5:10 And Enos lived after he begat Cainan eight hundred and fifteen years, and begat sons and daughters:
Gen 5:11 And all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years: and he died.
Gen 5:12 And Cainan lived seventy years, and begat Mahalaleel:
Gen 5:13 And Cainan lived after he begat Mahalaleel eight hundred and forty years, and begat sons and daughters:
Gen 5:14 And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died.
Gen 5:15 And Mahalaleel lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared:
Gen 5:16 And Mahalaleel lived after he begat Jared eight hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters:
Gen 5:17 And all the days of Mahalaleel were eight hundred ninety and five years: and he died.
Gen 5:18 And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:
Gen 5:19 And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
Gen 5:20 And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died.
Gen 5:21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:
Gen 5:22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
Gen 5:23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
Gen 5:24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
Gen 5:25 And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech:
Gen 5:26 And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:
Gen 5:27 And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.
Gen 5:28 And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:
Gen 5:29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.
Gen 5:30 And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters:
Gen 5:31 And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died.
Gen 5:32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Abel is not in Adam's geneology because Abel did not have any children. Cain did have children so if he was Adam's son Cain's name would have been there. Adam was NOT the father of Cain.

The Lillith stuff is garbage.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Cain's lien is an offshoot. When Adam's geneology is recalled it recounts Seth's line. That doesn't mean Cain wasn't Adanm's son. Abel didn't have any recorded chioldren (he might ahve had some we don't know). Cain has his own line and there really is no reason to regard him as not being Adam's son The only reason Adam's genology is called so in Genesis 4:5 is because this is the main line that led from father to son to Noah. Even "said God has given me a son to replace Abel," which means the main seed of Adam would come through Seth. Adam had other sons other than Cain, Abel and Seth but only the eldest sons are recorded in these geneologies. Cain is disowned or disinheritted but he is still fully human Saying that the devilw as Cain's father is as fanciful as saying Lillith was his mother and if both were true he wouldn't be human at all and where would that leave Abel. Remember Abel please God with his offering so I don't think his father oculd have been the serpent.

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Cain's lien is an offshoot. When Adam's geneology is recalled it recounts Seth's line. That doesn't mean Cain wasn't Adanm's son. Abel didn't have any recorded chioldren (he might ahve had some we don't know). Cain has his own line and there really is no reason to regard him as not being Adam's son The only reason Adam's genology is called so in Genesis 4:5 is because this is the main line that led from father to son to Noah. Even "said God has given me a son to replace Abel," which means the main seed of Adam would come through Seth. Adam had other sons other than Cain, Abel and Seth but only the eldest sons are recorded in these geneologies. Cain is disowned or disinheritted but he is still fully human Saying that the devilw as Cain's father is as fanciful as saying Lillith was his mother and if both were true he wouldn't be human at all and where would that leave Abel. Remember Abel please God with his offering so I don't think his father oculd have been the serpent.

Did you read “The True Sin in the Garden of Eden Bible Study” in Word of God Bible Study Forum? Cain's father was Satan. You believe what you want but you will never understand the end when you don't understand the beginning.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
NO! Look at Adam's genealogy, is Cain in it? NO!

Read: “The True Sin in the Garden of Eden Bible Study” in Word of God Bible Study Forum :
http://www.christian...en-bible-study/

Hello Paul,

That is the line of Seth. As you know, Abel is the son of Adam and Eve. Do you see Abel's name in Seth's line? Of course not. Why? Because that is Seth's line. If Abel was not murdered by his brother, he would have a line of his own. However, this still makes Abel the son of Adam and Eve in the same way that Cain is also the son of Adam and Eve.

Could you explain what this "true sin in the Garden of Eden" is?

In Christ,
Selene

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
After Cain killed Abel God put a mark on Cain's forehead so that no-one would try to kill him and told him he had to wonder the earth. Does that mean that Cain could still be alive today, just wodnering around from one city to another, one country to another or could he be long dead. He could have died in the flood, that seems likely?

Hi Templar,

To answer your question, Cain is not alive today. He died on earth because there is no such thing as eternal life on earth. Eternal life exists in Heaven.

In Christ,
Selene

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Hello Paul,

That is the line of Seth. As you know, Abel is the son of Adam and Eve. Do you see Abel's name in Seth's line? Of course not. Why? Because that is Seth's line. If Abel was not murdered by his brother, he would have a line of his own. However, this still makes Abel the son of Adam and Eve in the same way that Cain is also the son of Adam and Eve.

Could you explain what this "true sin in the Garden of Eden" is?

In Christ,
Selene

Did you read the study I gave you the link too?

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
So did Lamech kill him or did he die in the flood? Even let's say if Cain is alive today i couldn't call what he has eternal life because there will be a day of judgement so his life on earth would have limit to it. The sentence on Cainw as that he would be banished to wodnering and nobody would kill him and I think if God pronounced this then it would have to stick.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Did you read the study I gave you the link too?

Thank you, Paul. Somehow, I did not see the weblink. I should have put on my glasses. B) At any rate, I read through the weblink. It was an interesting read; however, I disagree with it.

First of all, it was God who created the tree of knowledge of good and evil (See Genesis 2:9), and it was most definitely a tree as Genesis 2:9 says. There is a reason why God placed the tree of the knowledge of good and evil there. It was put there to show Adam and Eve that they are subject under God despite that they were created in His image. In other words, they are to follow God's commands. So, when God say "do not eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil," they are to obey because they are not above nor equal to God. That forbidden tree was put there to remind man of his place. God is the Creator, and we are the ones to obey Him. It is not the other way around. We should not expect God to obey us and follow our will. When God says "If you eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, you will die," it shows God's truthfulness. He was not lying when He said that they shall die if they eat the forbidden fruit.

Genesis 3:1 It asked the woman, "Did God REALLY say you were not to eat from any of the trees in the garden?"

Notice how subtile Satan was?. He brought doubt into Eve's mind by asking "Did God REALLY say not to eat from any of the trees?" Satan knew that it was ONLY one tree that Adam and Eve were not allowed to eat from. But Satan's question brought Eve to make her aware that it was only that one tree that they were not allowed to eat from: "We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden. But of the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God said, "You must not eat, nor touch it, under pain of death." This suddenly made her question in her mind why only that one tree.....thus Satan succeeded in instilling doubt in her mind. That is how the devil ALWAYS works. He makes you question God's trust. Why is God not allowing you to eat that fruit from that tree? What is He keeping from you? How many times have we also questioned God's trust? For example, when we are overwhelmed with so much bills to pay and find ourselves worrying over it....why do we worry? Where is our trust in God to provide and take care of us? How many times have we put more trust in money to provide for our needs?

Then the first lie was made by Satan when he told her that they would not die, but become like gods. "You will become like gods!” (Genesis 3:5). We, as human beings, as creatures of God, overstep the limits of creaturehood and prefer to play God instead. We want to be Number One. The sin of pride entered Adam and Eve because they wanted to be like gods. And to this day, this is the problem of the human race. We think that we can do things on our own and don't need God. When we accomplish things, we give ourselves the credit rather than God. We prefer to be "Somebody" rather than be humble. Man often show off his achievements, thinking that he created everything in this world (buildings, roads, canals, technoligy, inventions, etc.) and that God had nothing to do with it. Man gives himself too much credit and forget that it was God who gave him the intellect, the skills, and the talents to do those things. Man perfer to make the rules himself because he thinks he knows better. Man prefers to determine what is best for himself rather than allow God to make that decision. Man no longer knows his place.

The very first sin was the sin of pride, not sex. Sex was never a sin. Lust, on the other hand, is a sin. How can sex be a sin when that was actually God's very first command to Adam and Eve when He created them (See Genesis 1:28). The very FIRST commandment of God to mankind (in this case Adam and Eve) was to go out and multiply. That means sex! His second command was "Don't eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil."

Secondly, it was not just Satan who knew good and evil. God also knows good and evil because He is All-Knowing. Adam and Eve also knew good and evil even before they ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. They knew the difference between good and evil. They just never experienced evil. The term “know” (Hebrew yada, Greek ginosko) is used in Scripture in a variety of ways. Several times it refers to a man and woman having sexual intercourse (Genesis 4:1,17,25; Judges 11:39; 19:25). Jesus used the term to refer to His regard for His sheep (John 10:27). In contrast to the way of the wicked that will perish, the psalmist wrote that God “knows” ( approves, takes delight in, etc.) the way of the righteous (Psalm 1:6). Paul used the term “know” in Ephesians 3:19 in the sense of knowing “experimentally what intellectually is beyond our powers of knowing”—the love of Christ. The fact is, like so many other words in Scripture (and in modern times) the word “know” has a variety of meanings.

When Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden everything was “very good” (Genesis 1:31). They had the freedom to eat of “of every tree of the garden”, but were forbidden to eat of the fruit of one of them. They knew of God’s good creation and they knew that if they ate of “the tree of the knowledge of good and evil” (the one forbidden tree), God said they would die. However, it was not until after they ate of the forbidden tree that they actually “knew” (experienced) evil. Thus, in one sense Adam and Eve did know the difference between right and wrong, good and evil (they knew what they should and should not do; they understood moral distinctions), but they did not know of good and evil experientially until after their disobedience.

Finally, this biblical verse says that Adam had sexual intercourse with Eve and brought forth Cain. So, Cain was the son of Adam and Eve. Eve said that she had gotten a man through God, and she was correct. Cain was a man through God because God is the Creator of all. He created you and me. He created Cain and Abel. We were all created by God. We all came to be men and women through God because all of mankind was created in His image. God is the Creator of all things and all creatures. God even created Satan (who was once a good angel). Therefore, when Eve said that she had gotten a man through God, she said it not because she hoped or thought that Cain would be a man through God but because she knew that he was a man created by God because there is only one Creator.

To be a son of the devil means to accept Satan. Satan does not need to have sexual intercourse with Eve to father Cain. All Cain had to do was reject God and accept Satan, and then he becomes the son of the devil. In the same way, to be a child of God is to accept the Holy Spirit and God's grace and to reject Satan.

John 1:12 But to all who accept Him, He gave power to become "children of God," to all who believe in the name of Him.

In Christ,
Selene

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
the ground was cursed because of eating what god didn't provide for food for man- fruit with seed etc.-the woman recieved childbareing pain where before she had never expeiranced pain while giving birth. is it not possible that the 24 elders could be man and womans sons? we only know the names of their children after the fall. what are elders but our fathers fathers. :rolleyes: just my thoughts

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
the ground was cursed because of eating what god didn't provide for food for man- fruit with seed etc.-the woman recieved childbareing pain where before she had never expeiranced pain while giving birth. is it not possible that the 24 elders could be man and womans sons? we only know the names of their children after the fall. what are elders but our fathers fathers. :rolleyes: just my thoughts
sorry wrong forum :lol: