What Happened To Cain?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jun 9, 2010
Eve was the mother of all living because through her would come Jesus Christ, and without Him no one will live.

Eve was also the mother of Cain but his father was Satan.

Pastor Murray does not quite accurately teach this scripture. Of course, after the fact, we can see that the bloodline from Adam, through Eve, to Christ was maintained. However, Adam did the naming of the woman -- not God. And, there is nothing in prior scripture [Gen. 3:15] letting Adam know of the future savior, through whom those who believe shall be saved.

So, from Adam's perspective, he named her 'Eve' solely because she was pregnant [as stated by God], as there was no other women in the Garden for Adam to know otherwise.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Gen 4: 23-24 seem to indicate that Cain was killed by his great x 4 grandson, Lamech.

Gen 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.
Gen 4:18 And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech.
Gen 4:19 And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.
Gen 4:20 And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle.
Gen 4:21 And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.
Gen 4:22 And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah.
Gen 4:23 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.
Gen 4:24 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold.

Very good. Somebody here is on the ball.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
She had sex with Satan in the Garden and conceived with Satan's child 'Cain'. That's why she was named 'Eve'.
She had sex with Satan??? Where in genesis do we read that?

And the name Eve means 'living'....it comes from a hebrew verb meaning 'alive' and that is why Adam named her Eve because as he said "she is to become the mother of everyone living"

You raise the exact reason why people should NOT use the NIV. For, who named the woman as 'Eve'?? Why, it was no other than Adam -- not God.

So, if Adam named her 'Eve' because, at some point in the future, she would have offspring, Adam would have to have obtained that information prior to naming her. Hence, continuing with such train of thought, one then has to go back to Gen. 3:15 to see where God informs them of her future offspring.

Genesis 3:15 has nothing to do with Cain...it is a prophecy about the future Messiah who will eventually crush the rebellion of the serpent and all those who follow him.

If you read genesis again and specifically Genesis 1:28 you'll find that after Eve was created God informed the pair that they were to 'fill the earth'
"Further, God blessed them and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it..."

Thus, if Gen. 3:15, in the use of the word 'seed', is speaking of 'offspring', then one must also logically conclude that the Serpent [who is Satan -- Rev. 20:2], referred to as 'thy', also will have offspring. Accordingly, it is incumbent upon the NIV user to identify who, if not Cain, is Satan's offspring.

yes seed means offspring, but Satan has no physical offspring....no angel does.
To be a seed of satan does not mean you are physical child of that one. It means that people carry out the wrong desires and actions which Satan instigated in the garden of Eden Jesus explained it to the jews at John 8:31-44

31 And so Jesus went on to say to the Jews that had believed him: “If YOU remain in my word, YOU are really my disciples,...37 I know that YOU are Abraham’s offspring; but YOU are seeking to kill me, because my word makes no progress among YOU. 38 What things I have seen with my Father I speak; and YOU, therefore, do the things YOU have heard from [YOUR] father.” 39 In answer they said to him: “Our father is Abraham.” Jesus said to them: “If YOU are Abraham’s children, do the works of Abraham. 40 But now YOU are seeking to kill me, a man that has told YOU the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 YOU do the works of YOUR father.” They said to him: “We were not born from fornication; we have one Father, God.” 42 Jesus said to them: “If God were YOUR Father, YOU would love me, for from God I came forth and am here. Neither have I come of my own initiative at all, but that One sent me forth. 43 Why is it YOU do not know what I am speaking? Because YOU cannot listen to my word. 44 YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him.
These jews were not physical children of Satan....but they were seeking the same wrong desires as Satan by seeking to kill Jesus.

Those that conclude that Gen. 3:20 speaks of an existing pregnancy conclude that Cain is that offspring, sired by Satan, which is verified elsewhere in scripture [Joh. 8:44, 1 Joh. 3:12, Mat. 13:36-39]. Those NIV users who say that Gen. 3:20 speaks of a future pregnancy fail in their duty to identify where in scripture Satan has offspring.

I fail to understand your reasoning. Nowhere does Genesis say that Satan and Eve had sex, nowhere does it say that Eve was pregnant before they left the garden, nowhere does it say that here and Adam even had sex while in the garden

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
From EW Bullinger's Companion Bible & Commentary

Gen 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his "own" likeness, afterhis image; and called his name Seth:

Note that Cain and his offspring are not in Adam’s genealogy.
3 own. Adam created in God’s likeness. All his descendants begotten in Adam’s likeness, after hisFall. See Ps. 51:5. Rom. 5:12-19. Seth refers back to 4:25, and develops his line.

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. 2 And she "again" [continued in labour] bare his brother Abel.

The word "again" in Heb. is Yacaph, to continue, conceive again, to continue to do the same thing. Cain and Able were twins, but not of the same father. John 8:44; 1 John 3:12. John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil ... He was a murderer from the beginning 1John 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother.

Gen 2:9b & 17 the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge [perception] of good and evil ... But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for when that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

9 tree of life. Gen. of cause the Tree supporting and continuing the life which had been imparted. Cp. 3:22. Hence “the bread of life”, John 6:48, 51, 53. good and evil. See on v.17. There are two trees mentioned here in the midst of the garden. They were the "Tree of Life", which is Christ, and the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil", which is Satan. The "Tree of Life" was taken away from man when he was cast from the garden, and that "Tree of Life" is Christ in His saving role. The “tree of theknowledge of good and evil" is addressed in Ezek. 31, this iswhere it identifies this tree in Eden as Satan.

17. tree. Note the three trees: “Knowledge” (2:9), man’s Ruin; “the Cross” (Acts 10:39; 5:30. 1 Pet. 2:24), man’s Redemption; “the Tree of Life” (2:9. Rev. 2:7; 22:2), man’s Regeneration. good and evil. Obedience proving what was “good” (Deut. 6:24), disobedience revealing what was “evil” (Rom. 3:20).The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is Satan, Tradition has so distorted this verse that most people today believe it was an actual tree spoken of, and they will even tell you it was an apple tree.

Gen 2:21-23 ¶ And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and He took one of his ribs [curve, or aside], and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

21 Adam was made in the image of God, and the angels, however, Adam had surgery to remove something. The word "rib" in the Heb. is Tsela, and Strong's Dictionary numbers it #6763, from the prime root, #6760; "to curve".

http://www.biblicalh...dies/hawwah.htm

Hawwah (CHAVVAH), mistakenly called Eve by generations, is probably one of the best-known women in the world throughout the ages. The Hebrew name Hawwah links this very rare name with the prime verbal root "to make live" - hayah - which is in itself an Akkadian word. This concept is no doubt connected with her magnificent epithet or title. Adam named his wife Hawwah because she was the "Mother of All the Living" (Genesis 3:29). Is it pure coincidence that the "Mother of All the Living" is precisely the title born by Ninhursag, the Sumerian "Lady".

In the Sumerian version we find that Enki (who we now identify with Yahweh) is cursed by the great mother-goddess, Nisnhursag, because he has eaten forbidden plants growing in paradise. Kramer, the translator of the text, notes yet another parallel with the biblical paradise myth. "Enki's eating of the eight plants and the curse uttered against him for his misdeed recall the eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge by Adam and Eve and the curses pronounced against each of them for this sinful action."

Enki's health begins to fail and the other gods realize that he is dying. They persuade Ninhursag to relent and she sets about the task of curing Enki's sickness, creating a goddess called Ninti to cure his failing bones.

"My brother (Enki), what hurts you? My rib hurts me. To the goddess Nin-ti (`Lady of the Rib') I (Ninhursag) have given birth for you."

Now the word for "rib" in Sumerian is "ti" which happens also to be the Sumerian verb "to make live." So the Mesopotamian author of the myth is employing a pun to equate the "Lady of the Rib" (Ninti) with the "Lady Who Makes Live" (Ninti) - that is the goddess who brings Enki back to life from his near-death condition.

When Kramer first translated the ancient text of the Sumerian paradise myth, he immediately saw in this passage an explanation for the biblical story of Adam's rib. The author (or perhaps the later redactor) of Genesis when he adapted this myth in order to incorporate elements of it into the biblical narrative, was clearly unaware of the fact that the Sumerian tale involved a play on words and so simply translated ti as "rib." Thus "Eve" is created from a rib and, because there is no similarity between the Hebrew word for "rib" (tsalah) and "to make live" (hayah) the pun is lost.

What remains of the hidden meaning, however, is the epithet "Mother of All the Living" which is in itself the predominant attribute of the great mother goddess

Here's One Link. Many More Can be found by typing ->
Lady of the Rib or Mother of All Living ...

Jun 9, 2010
She had sex with Satan??? Where in genesis do we read that?

Gen. 3:6

And the name Eve means 'living'....it comes from a hebrew verb meaning 'alive' and that is why Adam named her Eve because as he said "she is to become the mother of everyone living"

You are incorrect. Adam named her Eve because she was already carrying life in her womb. See Gen. 3:15-16. Adam was already informed by God that the woman was carrying Satan's offspring and that God would 'multiply [add onto] her conception'.

Assuming arguendo that your interpretation is correct, Adam either already impregnated her [which is not supported by scripture {first sexual encounter in Gen. 4:1}] or Adam obtained information from God that she would conceive and bare children [which could be supported by scripture {Gen. 3:15-16}]. Taking the latter case [God informed Adam], there should be no mistake in interpretation [NIV users] of the word 'seed' in Gen. 3:15 as meaning 'posterity', as God would be speaking of future offspring of the woman.

If NIV users duly conclude that 'seed' equals 'posterity' in Gen. 3:15, then it is, likewise, incumbent upon the NIV user to also acknowledge that the 'serpent' [Gen. 3:14] will also have future offspring ['thy' in Gen. 3:15]. Accordingly, NIV users have the burden of proof to show who, if not Cain, is Satan's [the serpent of Gen. 3] offspring.

Genesis 3:15 has nothing to do with Cain...it is a prophecy about the future Messiah who will eventually crush the rebellion of the serpent and all those who follow him.

Try reading it again -

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Once there is an acknowledgement that 'seed' equals 'posterity', an admission that the serpent [who is Satan -- Rev. 20:2] also has offspring. If not Cain, who then??

See 'seed' in Strong's -

H2233

זרע

zera‛

zeh'-rah

From H2232; seed; figuratively fruit, plant, sowing time, posterity: - X carnally, child, fruitful, seed (-time), sowing-time.

Nowhere in the etymology of the Hebrew word can the meaning 'spiritual follower' be derived.

If you read genesis again and specifically Genesis 1:28 you'll find that after Eve was created God informed the pair that they were to 'fill the earth'
"Further, God blessed them and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it..."

That scripture refers to the 6th Day creation of all the other races of people -- not given onto Adam and/or Eve. Adam was not part of the 6th Day creation -- see Gen. 2.

yes seed means offspring, but Satan has no physical offspring....no angel does.

You are incorrect. See Gen. 6. See also Gen. 1:26 -- mankind was created in the image and likeness of the angels.

To be a seed of satan does not mean you are physical child of that one. It means that people carry out the wrong desires and actions which Satan instigated in the garden of Eden Jesus explained it to the jews at John 8:31-44

See above Strong's definition of 'seed'. However, assuming arguendo that you are correct, then the word 'seed', as a 'spiritual follower', would also have to apply to the woman. In essence, if you are consistent in your argument, Gen. 3:15 is not speaking of offspring at all -- just emnity between the spiritual followers of the serpent and the spiritual followers of the woman. In essence, you are inferring that Eve has 'spiritual followers' too.

For you to claim 'seed' means 'spiritual follower', in connection with the serpent, and switches to 'offspring', in connection with the woman, -- all within the same scripture [Gen. 3:15] is purely improper hermeneutics. The word 'seed' either means one or the other and applies to both the serpent and the woman. As set forth above in Strong's, there is no such meaning of 'seed' as 'spritual follower'.

See John 8:44.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Cain was the first murderer. Satan was the father of lies. The linkage of Cain to Satan is unmistaken.

I fail to understand your reasoning. Nowhere does Genesis say that Satan and Eve had sex, nowhere does it say that Eve was pregnant before they left the garden, nowhere does it say that here and Adam even had sex while in the garden

What more can I say -- you could not be more in error.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia

How do you come to the conclusion that Gen 3:6 involved having sex??

"Consequently the woman saw that the tree was good for food and that it was something to be longed for to the eyes, yes, the tree was desirable to look upon. So she began taking of its fruit and eating it. Afterward she gave some also to her husband when with her and he began eating it.
"

You are incorrect. Adam named her Eve because she was already carrying life in her womb. See Gen. 3:15-16. Adam was already informed by God that the woman was carrying Satan's offspring and that God would 'multiply [add onto] her conception'.

Apart from the fact that nowhere does Genesis imply that Eve and Satan had sex, Adam named her eve well before they ate from the fruit in Gen 3:6.

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
Apart from the fact that nowhere does Genesis imply that Eve and Satan had sex, Adam named her eve well before they ate from the fruit in Gen 3:6.

From EW Bullinger's Companion Bible & Commentary

Gen 2:25 And they were both naked, the man [Adam] and his wife, and were not ashamed.
25 naked. Heb. arum, a Homonym. The same spelling as word rendered “subtil (wise)” in 3:1.

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more wise than any living being of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Can it be that God hath said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

1 serpent. Heb. Nachash, a shining one. See note on Num. 21:6, 9. The old serpent (2 Cor. 11:3) transformed as “an angel of light” (=a glorious angel 2 Cor. 11:14). Cp. Ezek. 28, 14, 17, connected with “cherub” (Ezek. 28:13, 14, 16), and contrasted with it here in v. 24.

wise. Heb. arum, a Homonym. Same as 2:25; here=wise (as Job 5:12; 15:5, &c). Cp. Ezek. 28:12, 13, 17. If the Ellipsis be supplied from the preceding context, 3:1 will then read on from 2:25, thus: “they were both naked (arum), the man and his wife, and [knowing only good, 2:17] were not ashamed [before God]. But the Nachash was more wise (arum) than any living being of the field which Jehovah Elohim had made, and [knowing evil, and not ashamed (2:25) to question the truth of God’s word] he said to the woman,” &c.

Can it be, &c. Not a question, but Figure Erotesis (Ap.6) for emph. Opposition to God’s Word is Satan’s sphere of activity. This is Satan’s first utterance in Scripture.

Gen 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

2 may eat. Misquoted from 2:16 by not repeating the emphatic Figure Polyptoton, and thus omitting the emph. “freely”.

Po-ly-pto'-ton; or, Many Inflections. The repetition of the same part of speech in different inflections.
1. Verbs (Genesis 50:24. 2Kings 21:13).
2. Nouns and pronouns (Genesis 9:25. Romans 11:36).
3. Adjectives (2Corinthians 9:8).

Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it,neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

3 neither shall ye touch it. This statement is added. Cp. 2:16, 17. There is another word in this verse we need to consider, and it is the word "touch". God's command to Eve was; "neither shall ye touch it." TheHeb. word for "touch" is # 5060 in the Strong's dictionary is (Naga, a prime root, prop. to touch, i.e., lay the hand upon (for the purpose; euphemism, to lie with a woman), to reach), So we see that the warning to Adam and Eve specifically, was to stay away from Satan called both the "serpent", and the "tree of good and evil". The fruit of that tree was not to be taken; and we know that the "fruit" as the results of a sexual relationship between any man and woman is a child. God's command was that Eve "not touch (lay with Satan)." So, we see that the order by God is that Eve not have sexual union with Satan.

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

4 Ye shall not surely die. Satan’s second utterance. Contradiction of God’s Word in 2:17. This has become the foundation of Spiritism and Traditional belief as to death.

Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be asGod, knowing good and evil.

5 be as God. This is the foundation of Satan’s second lie: “The immanence of God in man”.

Consequently the woman saw that the tree was good for food and that it was something to be longed for to the eyes, yes, the tree was desirable to look upon.

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant [lust] to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

6 good for food. See 1 John 2:16, “Lust of the flesh”. Cp. Matt. 4:3.

pleasant to the eyes. See 1 John 2:16, “Lust of the eyes”.

with her. Therefore Adam present. Cp. “Ye”, vv. 4, 5. Satan is the most beautiful created being that God ever created. Ezek. 24 says that Satan was the most beautiful tree to be desired. Eve took of that fruit of Satan, which is another way of saying that she lost her virginity through the sex act, and Adam also played the game with Eve and Satan.

Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leavestogether, and made themselves aprons [a belt for the waist].

7 knew. Figure, They knew before, but their knowledge now received a new meaning, &c. fig leaves. The man-made covering contrasted with God made clothing (v. 21).

They sewed aprons to cover their waist where the sin took place, not masks to cover their mouths from eating an apple. When we come to the understand what took place in the garden of Eden, then we will understand the parable of the sower and fig tree which is the key to most of the prophecies of both the Old and New Testaments. To this day, fig leaves symbolize that which is hidden. That thing hidden within Eve's womb was an evil thing. It was Cain, who was the first murderer, because his father was a murderer and a liar from the beginning. Cp. John 8:44.

Gen 3:11 And He said, Who told thee that thou wast naked?

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman He said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception [pregnancy]; in sorrow [painful toil] thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be subject to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

16 in sorrow. Cp. 1 Tim. 2:14, 15. Childbearing was not brought into this for eating an apple.

Gen 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all who should live after her.

20 Eve. Heb. Chavvah=life, life spring. Showing that he believed God. The name “Eve” occ. 4 times: here;4:1; 2 Cor. 11:3; and 1 Tim. 2:13.

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man Adam is become as one of Us, to know (general) good and evil:

22 general good. Heb. tov. Cp. Gen. 1:4, 10, 12, &c. Verse ends with Figure Aposiopesis-sudden silence, emphasizing the result being unspeakable.

Gen 4:1 &2a And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. And she again [continued in labour] bare his brother Abel.

4 The word "again" in Heb. is Yacaph, to continue, conceive again, to continue to do the same thing. Cain and Able were twins, but not of the same father. John 8:44; 1 John 3:12.

Clark's Commentary
I have gotten a man from the Lord - Cain, signifies acquisition; hence Eve says kanithi, I have gotten or acquired a man, from the Lord. Most expositors think that Eve imagined Cain to be the promised seed that should bruise the head of the serpent.

JFB Commentary
Gen_4:1-26. Birth of Cain and Abel.
Eve said, I have gotten a man from the Lord — that is, “by the help of the Lord” - an expression of pious gratitude - and she called him Cain, that is, “a possession,” as if valued above everything else; while the arrival of another son reminding Eve of the misery she had entailed on her offspring, led to the name Abel, that is, either weakness, vanity (Psa_39:5), or grief, lamentation. Cain and Abel were probably twins; and it is thought that, at this early period, children were born in pairs (Gen_5:4) [Calvin].

Gill Commentary
I have gotten a man from the Lord; as a gift and blessing from him, as children are; or by him, by his favour and good will; and through his blessing upon her, causing her to conceive and bear and bring forth a son: some render it, "I have gotten a man, the Lord" (x); that promised seed that should break the serpents head; by which it would appear, that she took that seed to be a divine person, the true God, even Jehovah, that should become man; though she must have been ignorant of the mystery of his incarnation, or of his taking flesh of a virgin ... however, having imbibed this notion, it is no wonder she should call him Cain, a possession or inheritance; since had this been the case, she had got a goodly one indeed: but in this she was sadly mistaken, he proved not only to be a mere man, but to be a very bad man: the Targum of Jonathan favours this sense, rendering the words,"I have gotten a man, the angel of the Lord.''

07014 Qayin Cain = "possession"
the same as 07013 (with a play upon the affinity to 07069)

07013 qayin
from 06969 in the original sense of fixity;
spear [polearm] [spear-shaft]

07069 qanah a primitive root;
AV-Buy 46, get 15, purchased 5, buyer 3, possessor 3, possessed 2, owner 1, recover 1, redeemed 1, misc 7; 84
1) to get, acquire, create, buy, possess

Barnes Commentary
Cain occurs only once as a common noun, and is rendered by the Septuagint doru, “spear-shaft.” The primitive meaning of the root is to set up, or to erect, as a cane, a word which comes from the root; then it means to create, make one’s own.

1a) (Qal)
1a1) to get, acquire, obtain
1a1a) of God originating, creating, redeeming His people
1a1a1) possessor
1a1b) of Eve acquiring
1a1c) of acquiring knowledge, wisdom

01893 Abel =" breath"
Faussett's Commentary
Hebrew Hebel. Second of Adam and Eve's sons, Genesis 4: Abel means "vanity" or "weakness", "vapor" or "transitoriness".

ISBE Commentary
Some translation “a breath,” “vapor,” “transitoriness,” which are suggestive of his brief existence and tragic end; others take it to be a variant of Jabal, “shepherd” or “herdman,” Gen_4:20. Compare Assyrian ablu and Babylonian abil, “son”): The absence of the verb harah (Gen_4:2; compare Gen_4:1) has been taken to imply, that Cain and Abel were twins.

08352 Seth = "compensation"

With all that being said, these verses are ripe with sexual conotations. Cain's name is even suggestive of it. Eve too. This along with the persistant message of paganism, polytheism & myth virtually implies it. Carpenter in Pagan Myths & Christian Creeds states that early religion and superstition (Pre-History) evolved in 3 ways as ancestor worship, nature worship (spring & autumn harvest time blessings) and fertility worship (Sex Cults).

Jun 9, 2010
How do you come to the conclusion that Gen 3:6 involved having sex??

One gleans understanding from studying this scripture in its original language -- specifically, the words rendered as 'food', 'eat', and 'fruit'.

With Strong's numbering, we see -

Gen 3:6 And when the woman[sup]H802 sawH7200 thatH3588 the treeH6086 was goodH2896 for food,H3978 and thatH3588 itH1931 was pleasantH8378 to the eyes,H5869 and a treeH6086 to be desiredH2530 to make one wise,H7919 she tookH3947 of the fruitH4480 H6529 thereof, and did eat,H398 and gaveH5414 alsoH1571 unto her husbandH376 withH5973 her; and he did eat.H398

[/sup]
First, look at 'food' -

H3978

מאכל

ma'ăkâl

mah-ak-awl'

From H398; an eatable (including provender, flesh and fruit): - food, fruit, ([bake-]) meat (-s), victual.

Clearly, the word 'food' is an eatable in literal meaning. It appears ['food', 'meat', 'bakements', 'fruit', and 'victuals'] a total of 30 times in the OT. It is used in the connotation of flesh man several times

However, scripture already defines the 'tree' of Gen. 3:6 in Gen. 2:9 -

Gen 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Herein, God identifies two specific 'trees' that did not grow out of the ground and were not good for 'food' [same 'food' as in Gen. 3:6]. Those two 'trees', not growing from the ground and not good for 'food', were the 'tree of life' [which was Christ] and the 'tree of knowledge of good and evil' [which is Satan]. Accordingly, scripture proves that, in Gen. 3:6, the reference to 'food' is used metaphorically and refers to the physique of the 'tree of knowledge of good and evil'. [BTW, we English speakers also refer to good looking bodies in covetous manners as 'food' too.]

Scripture informs us that Satan was in the Garden of Eden and is very good looking -

Eze 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

Eze 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God;

We also see in Gen. 3:6 the words 'pleasant' and 'desired'. In Strong's, one can see the sexual connotation -

The word 'pleasant' -

H8378

תּאוה

ta'ăvâh

tah-av-aw'

From H183 (abbreviated); a longing; by implication a delight (subjectively satisfaction, objectively a charm): - dainty, desire, X exceedingly, X greedily, lust (ing), pleasant. See also H6914.

The word 'desired' -

H2530

חמד

châmad

khaw-mad'

A primitive root; to delight in: - beauty, greatly beloved, covet, delectable thing, ( X great) delight, desire, goodly, lust, (be) pleasant (thing), precious (thing).

As Satan is good looking, the woman lusted after his physique.

In Strong's, the word 'eat' -

H398

אכל

'âkal

aw-kal'

A primitive root; to eat (literally or figuratively): - X at all, burn up, consume, devour (-er, up), dine, eat (-er, up), feed (with), food, X freely, X in . . . wise (-deed, plenty), (lay) meat, X quite.

The word 'eat' is equally applicable literally or figuratively, which means that the figurative consumption of a man-like entity, sexually, is entirely appropriate hermeneutics.

In Strong's, the word 'fruit' -

H6529

פּרי

p[sup]erı̂y

per-ee'

From H6509; fruit (literally or figuratively): - bough, ([first-]) fruit ([-ful]), reward.

[/sup]
The word 'fruit', also, is equally applicable literally or figuratively. Of course, the woman's 'reward' for her lust and coveting of Satan would be sexual intercourse.

Accordingly, there is nothing therein Gen. 3:6 which precludes the interpretation from being that of sexual relations. The ascertation as to what actually took place in this scripture cannot be derived solely therefrom. It takes the other associated scriptures to give the Bible student the answer to what actually took place. When one conducts that study, one comes away with the sole conclusion that sexual relations is what took place in Gen. 3:6.

First part is false -- see above.

As to the second part, you ought to be ashamed for making such a blatantly false statement! Are you aware that there is a severe penalty for adding to the Bible?? See Rev. 22:18. Moreover, for you to conclude that Gen. 3:20 took place long before Gen. 3:6 is akin to saying that God is too stupid to dictate scripture in the proper order to Moses. Good luck with that!

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
From EW Bullinger's Commentary Appendix 19 The Serpent of Genesis 3.

In Genesis 3 we have neither allegory, myth, legend, nor fable, but literal historical facts set forth, and emphasised by the use of certain Figures of speech (see Appendix 6). All the confusion of thought and conflicting exegesis have arisen from taking literally what is expressed by Figures [of Speech], or from taking figuratively what is literal. A Figure of speech is never used except for the purpose of calling attention to, emphasising, and intensifying, the reality of the literal sense, and truth of the historical facts; so that, while the words employed may not be sostrictly true to the letter, they are all the more true to the truth conveyed by them, and to the historical events connected with them.

The word "beast", in Genesis 3:1, chay, denotes a living being, and it is as wrong to translate zoa "beasts" in Rev 4, as it is to translate chay "beast" in Genesis 3. Both mean living creature. Satan is spoken of as being "more wise than any other living creature which Jehovah Elohim had made". Even if the word "beast be retained, it does not say that either a serpent or Satan was a "beast", but only that he was "more wise" than any other living being. We cannot conceive Eve as holding converse with a snake, but we can understand her being fascinated by one, apparently "an angel of light" (i.e. a glorious angel), possessing superior and supernatural knowledge. Satan is spoken of as a "serpent", it is [a figure of speech] Hypocatastasis (Appendix 6) or Implication; it no more means a snake than it does when Dan is so called in Genesis 49:17; or an animal when Nero is called a "lion" (2Timothy 4:17), or when Herod is called a "fox" (Luke 13:32); or when Judah is called "a lion's whelp". It is the same figure [of speech] when "doctrine" is called "leaven" (Matthew 16:6). It shows that something much more real and truer to truth is intented. If a Figure of speech is thus employed, it is for the purpose of expressing the truth more impressively ; and is intended to be a figure of something much more real than theletter of the word.

If a serpent was afterward called a nachash, it was because it was more shining than any other creature; and if it became known as "wise", it was not because of its own innate positive knowlwdge, but of its wisdom in hiding away from all observation; and because of its association with one of the names of Satan (that old serpent) who "beguiled Eve" (2Corinthians 11:3,14). It is wonderful how a snake could ever be supposed to speak without the organs of speech, or that Satan should be supposed able to accomplish so great a miracle. It only shows the power of tradition, which has, from the infancy of each one of us, put before our eyes and written on our minds thepicture of a "snake" and an "apple" : the former bassed on a wrong interpretaion, and the latter being a pure invention, about which there is not one word said in Holy Scripture.

This why Satan is quite content that the letter of Scripture should be accepted in Genesis 3, as he himself accepted the letter of Psalm 91:11. He himself could say "It is written" (Matthew 4:6) so long as the letter of what is "written" could be put instead of the truth that is conveyed by it; and so long as it is miquoted or misapplied. This is his object in prepetuating the traditions of the "snake" and the "apple", because it ministers to the acceptance of his lie, the hiding of God's truth, the support of tradition, the jeers of the infidel, the opposition of the critics, and the stumbling of the weak in faith.

Hy'-po-ty-po'-sis; or, Word Picture (Isaiah 5:26-30). Representation of objects or actions by words.

And why did Eve believe that Cain was from the LORD (erroneously), because ->

Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as God, knowing good and evil.

Reactions: Paul

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
First part is false -- see above.

As to the second part, you ought to be ashamed for making such a blatantly false statement! Are you aware that there is a severe penalty for adding to the Bible?? See Rev. 22:18. Moreover, for you to conclude that Gen. 3:20 took place long before Gen. 3:6 is akin to saying that God is too stupid to dictate scripture in the proper order to Moses. Good luck with that!

the conclusion you are drawing is far from truthful and has nothing to do with how the hebrew reads.

Do the jews read genesis in such a way as to think eve had sex with satan? No they dont....and they are native readers of hebrew.

And Genesis 2 is where Adam names Eve.
Gen 2:22 "God proceeded to build the rib that he had taken from the man into a woman and to bring her to the man. 23 Then the man said: “This is at last bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh. This one will be called Woman, Because from man this one was taken."

Genesis 3 beings with the introduction of Satan and his entry into Eden....this is AFTER Eve had already been named. So who is adding to the scriptures? You've changed them around to support your theory and nothing more.

Jun 9, 2010
the conclusion you are drawing is far from truthful and has nothing to do with how the hebrew reads

I already proved it to you -- straight from the Hebrew wording. Just look at the depth of depravity that you have to resort to in order to deny the basic truth that Satan has offspring.

Do the jews read genesis in such a way as to think eve had sex with satan? No they dont....and they are native readers of hebrew.

Jews, by religion, are not Christian -- and, most Jews are not Jews, by race, either. Many of those claiming to be Jews are, in fact, the offspring of Satan [Rev. 2:9, 3:9]. So, of course they will not read Genesis in such manner which proves their lineage to have come from Satan. That's why Jews track lineage maternally instead of paternally as God set forth in the Bible.

And Genesis 2 is where Adam names Eve.
Gen 2:22 "God proceeded to build the rib that he had taken from the man into a woman and to bring her to the man. 23 Then the man said: “This is at last bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh. This one will be called Woman, Because from man this one was taken."

Genesis 3 beings with the introduction of Satan and his entry into Eden....this is AFTER Eve had already been named. So who is adding to the scriptures? You've changed them around to support your theory and nothing more.

LOL -- just look at yourself!! Nowhere in Gen. 2 does Adam name the woman 'Eve [nor does Adam have sex with the woman]'. Yet, to support the religious-hack indoctrination that you have bought into, you have to invent scriptural interpretation that does not exist.
Shame on you!!!

The only rational conclusion that can be reached from your analysis is that God was too stupid to dictate scripture to Moses in the correct order. Good luck with that!

If you don't believe that the Bible manuscripts are the inspired Word of God, please state so and, I, and others, won't waste time on you. If you are Christian and believe in inspired Word, then stop with your adding/deleting/alteration of scripture.

With your acknowledgement that 'seed' equals 'posterity' in Gen. 3:15, you also have to acknowledge that Satan has offspring as well. If not Cain, then whom??