What Happens To Unbelievers After Death ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Logabe,

I certainly hope you're right!!!! That would be glorious, to see so many nations turn their back on centuries of traditions for the One True God!!!! I know what He has done in and for me. I can only imagine what that would be like on such a grand scale!!!

Your faith and your rejoicing are really amazing! It makes me smile to see someone so excited about the Lord!!!!

God Bless!!!

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
I am a firm believer that we all go to sleep (sheol) until called for the judgment.

In that time those that kept the law on their hearts will be spared from destruction.

Those that did not will be sent to destruction.

This includes those people that did not keep the law and professed to be Christian.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
pom2014 said:
I am a firm believer that we all go to sleep (sheol) until called for the judgment.

In that time those that kept the law on their hearts will be spared from destruction.

Those that did not will be sent to destruction.

This includes those people that did not keep the law and professed to be Christian.
That's really close to what I believe. Judgment is coming to everyone whether in this
life or in the resurrection. The problem is most Christians don't understand judgment
or destruction.

God brings judgment in a person's life to teach him/her the ways of the kingdom and
He brings destruction upon a nation, city, or family to start a new beginning. When we
look @ destruction, we see and perceive it as permanent, but we all know that God
brought destruction upon the cities of Sodom & Gomorrah because they were evil
continually.

Do we believe that God isn't going to give them another chance to be corrected and
delivered from their evil ways? Sure He is. Matt. 10:15 says,

15 "Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the
land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment
than for that city.

Did you get that? Sounds like their judgment will be @ a different level because
of their understanding.There's something we are missing when we define judgment.
As I said, God brings judgment in order to correct an individual from his/her evil ways.
Isa. 26:9 says,

9 At night my soul longs for You, Indeed, my spirit within me seeks
You diligently; For when the earth experiences Your judgments The
inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

Isaiah is basically telling us most people haven't experienced God's judgment, but that
day is coming. What will it produce?

VICTORY!!!

Matt. 12:20 says,

20 A bruised reed shall he not break , and smoking flax shall
he not quench , till he send forth judgment unto victory.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Webers_Home said:
-
†. Mark 9:47-48 . . If your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for
you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be
thrown into hell, where their worm does not die, and the fire is not
quenched.

Jesus revealed nothing new in that passage. He got it from the Old Testament.

†. Isa 66:22-24 . . From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to
another, all mankind will come and bow down before me-- testifies Yhvh.
And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled
against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they
will be loathsome to all mankind.

If that's a reference to the lake of flaming sulfur in the book of Revelation then
it reveals that people won't be disintegrated in the lake but will be somehow
kept in existence as perpetual nourishment for a curious species of fire-proof
worm.

A worm that thrives in flaming sulfur is pretty amazing, but not
unreasonable. The 4-inch Pompeii worm lives in sea water temperatures of
176° Fahrenheit, hot enough to kill salmonella and sanitize an egg. So I
guess if God could create a worm like the Pompeii, it shouldn't be too
difficult for Him to create worms that like it even warmer.

========================================
Interesting commentary, Bro. It might also be that the reference to worms and fire in that passage are a figure of speech. The purpose of a worm in this kind of reference is to eat up the remains of a dead body. We know such worms as maggots. In a typical garbage dump of that day and even more recent times, the purpose of fire was to destroy refuse. Gehenna was such a place, which Jesus referred to in Math.10:28, using it as a reference to the lake of fire. The idea of these two things is that when a life dies there are ways that the remains are taken back to the elements. In the case of the corpses of those who transgressed against God, the suggestion is that they wil be in a perpetual state of existence, as you have correctly concluded.

Jesus in mentioning the worm not dying nor the fire being quenched, May well have been merely using allegory language to describe a state where no decay will be allowed to take place. Who's to say that there literally be worms there? But the important thing in my opinion is that we do not take this as though it means a person will be conscious or alive forever. Living forever is only designated to those in Christ, as seen in John 50:51, John 3:16. Mankind is mortal, not immortal.

The confusion in my opinion, comes from references to torment, weeping, and gnashing of teeth. But these are in the time frame before the final white throne judgment, not necessarily after it. Jesus suggested in Math.10:28 that it is possible for the body to die but not the soul. Hence weeping etc., in Hades. However in the final judgment (hell is translated from "Gehenna" in that passage), God destroys both, indicating that soul death is under His authority and not anyone else's.

A side note; Jesus said God would destroy the body. But we have already seen that the body will not decay or be consumed. No problem. Math.10:28 is about death. Killing the body is not the same as ending its existence. It is simply about ending its life. So the context of that passage is about the cessation of life. And whatever happens to the body, also happens to the soul by God's hand. A corpse is a body with no life. If this is a destroyed body, then a destroyed soul is a soul with no life as well. Simple logical deduction in light of and respectful of context.

cristianprince67

Dec 14, 2014
aspen said:
Hard to see Hell as appropriate punishment........over kill, to say the least. Worse than lighting a kid on fire for cutting school.....

Even lowly humans attempt to make punishment fit the crime.

Hell seems to be more like an incurable disease, to me - apart from Christ.
I agree with you. I think Hell sounds harsh for anybody actually. I believe in reincarnation.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
cristianprince67 said:
I agree with you. I think Hell sounds harsh for anybody actually. I believe in reincarnation.
A Christian who believes in reincarnation?

What scripture you use for that belief?

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Born_Again said:
Logabe,

I certainly hope you're right!!!! That would be glorious, to see so many nations turn their back on centuries of traditions for the One True God!!!! I know what He has done in and for me. I can only imagine what that would be like on such a grand scale!!!

Your faith and your rejoicing are really amazing! It makes me smile to see someone so excited about the Lord!!!!

God Bless!!!
Here's a good scripture to meditate upon and ask God to give you the understanding.

Ps. 22:27 says,

27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to
the LORD, And all the families of the nations will worship
before You.

That's why I'm so excited about the plan of God, because He is saying one day all of the
earth will be worshipping the King. Now that's not Logabe saying that, but that is David
under the influence of the Holy Ghost saying that. I'm just excited about it because I really
believe what he is saying. When a person really believes what God is saying, he will simply
recognize that what David is saying, doesn't line up with his tradition and that's where the
change takes place.

Kinda like Paul being blinded by the great light and speaking to Jesus on the road with the
intention of killing some Christians for the glory of God. We know what happened to that
tradition. It was totally eliminated. In a quick moment, God destroyed all of Paul's perceived
theology.

That is the very thing God is going to do with the whole ends of the earth. The old man is
going to be destroyed in every man and woman that has ever lived. The problem is, we don't
see that happening in a universal way as the writer implies, but we see Jesus. Heb.2:8-9 says,

8 YOU HAVE PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET."
For in subjecting all things to him, He left nothing that is not
subject to him. But now we do not yet see all things subjected to
him.
9 But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than
the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death
crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He
might taste death for everyone.

The purpose of God is in the end all of His enemies will be subject unto Jesus. All enemies
will become God's footstool. We are His footstool now, because we have accepted the death,
burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ and He has subdued our old man, but in the resurrection,
God will place His enemies under tutors and governors to teach the rest of His enemies the ways
of the Lord.

That's where we come in as the first fruits, in which, God will make us kings and priests that will
teach and judge the people of the earth. Don't you know that we will judge the world in righteousness
1st Cor. 6:2. Eye has not seen nor has it entered to the heart of man the things that the Lord has
PROMISED to them that "LOVE HIM" (1st Cor. 2:9).

God has promised us that our family want stay in darkness forever, but He will use us to bring them
home. What a promise!!! God is going to use you to save your family and friends even after death.
O death where is your sting, O grave where is your victory!!! It is swallowed up in Jesus Christ.

God's main purpose is to destroy the "OLD MAN" in every person to release them from the bondage
of mortality. What we need to understand as Christians, as Paul said, it hadn't happened in his day,
but it hasn't happened in our day either, so we see Jesus just like Paul wrote.

In other words, we believe what Jesus said, that all the ends of the earth shall REMEMBER. What
David is really saying, is one day all will receive the Holy Ghost. John 14:26 says,

26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father
will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and
bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Thank God for His mercy and grace and His ability to leave the 99 and go get the one.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe

Born_Again said:
Logabe,

God Bless!!!
Here's another portion of scripture that David wrote and it really excites me when I read it by the Spirit.
Ps. 2:8-9 says,

8 'Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance,
And the very ends of the earth as Your possession.
9 'You shall break them with a rod of iron, You shall shatter them
like earthenware .' "

We know that God is talking about Jesus asking Him for the nations and the very ends of the earth for
His possession, but some of us don't include ourselves as of being part of this possession and this very
exciting inheritance that we as Christians are a part of.

We are an heir according to the promise (Gal. 3:29) and we become joint-heirs with Jesus if we suffer
with him, which brings forth God's character and nature in us. Romans 8:17 says,

17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs
with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also
be glorified with Him.

In essence, if we allow the Spirit to come into our lives and change our preconceived hearts and minds,
God will give us what He has already given to Jesus. Thus, our inheritance becomes the heathen and all
the ends of the earth. Wow!!! Think about that for a minute.

Do you consider yourself as an heir?

God will not only give us immortality, but He will give us our family and friends that squandered their
appointed time upon this earth to prepare themselves for His coming. But He has given us the authority
to judge them in righteousness after their resurrection (1st Cor. 6:2).

What will we do? Isa. 2:3-4 says,

3 And many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the
mountain of the LORD, To the house of the God of Jacob; That He
may teach us concerning His ways And that we may walk in His
paths." For the law will go forth from Zion And the word of the
LORD from Jerusalem.
4 And He will judge between the nations, And will render decisions
for many peoples; And they will hammer their swords into plowshares
and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword
against nation, And never again will they learn war.

That my friends should get you excited too!

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe