What Happens To Willfully Sinning Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what happens to saved believers that willfully sin.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

You are still His people, but hoo boy. You better ask Jesus for help to repent now or else.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. 11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Are you sinning willfully? Call on Jesus to deliver you from your sins today.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Trust Him also to keep you from your sins daily by helping you to look to Him to help you lay aside every weight & sin to walk in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Reactions: Episkopos

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sinning willfully?
Why, no, that adultery thing, that was totally accidental. I have no idea how I ended up in a cheap hotel, naked in the arms of another woman.:p

Pretty much all sin is willful and premeditated. We have no excuse. Yes, we need Jesus. If we're honest to God and to ourselves, we know we do sin willfully, and we do need forgiveness and we do to be washed in the Blood. (1 John 1:5-10)

One of the themes of Hebrews is a warning to Jewish-Christian believers who under persecution from their kinsmen might be tempted to go back to classic Judaism. PLEASE remember that context when quoting Hebrews 10:26-31.

Which is not to say we shouldn't strive to avoid sin.

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why, no, that adultery thing, that was totally accidental. I have no idea how I ended up in a cheap hotel, naked in the arms of another woman.:p

Men have been drugged for organs thefts and not just to be taken advantage of themselves. Plus they can be drunk and wind up that way too.

Pretty much all sin is willful and premeditated. We have no excuse. Yes, we need Jesus. If we're honest to God and to ourselves, we know we do sin willfully, and we do need forgiveness and we do to be washed in the Blood. (1 John 1:5-10)

And asking Him for help to put away the provision for the flesh and His help to provide the escape should temptations come again as He will lead us away from temptation and deliver us from the evil one.

One of the themes of Hebrews is a warning to Jewish-Christian believers who under persecution from their kinsmen might be tempted to go back to classic Judaism. PLEASE remember that context when quoting Hebrews 10:26-31.

Actually, this is a warning towards those who believe that Christ's one time offering for sin is made present again to receive again thus treating the blood of the New Covenant to be on par with the blood of goats and bulls when there was necessity for repeating under the Old Covenant. That is why God will get mad at those taking communion in making the bread & the wine "sacraments" in "holy" communion as if they are needing to receive that one time sacrifice for sin again being made present again to receive through "holy communion".

Those who do that, after having knowledge that there is no more sacrifice for sins will fall into the hands of the living God unless they repent and just do "communion" in remembrance of Him only.

Plus there is an iniquity when starting communion and that is by saying "we come into His Presence today.." wen that is not in according to our faith since He is in us and with us always so there is no coming into His Presence at communion and there is no walking away from His Presence after communion & certainly His Presence is not in the bread & wine to be receiving Him again for that would make it another Jesus & thus an antichrist.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Which is not to say we shouldn't strive to avoid sin.

True, but sometimes we get careless in the world where the media throws the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye and the pride of life at us; hence sex appeal. We are to trust Him as our Good Shepherd to help us look away, fast forward or turn it off or watch something else.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

We need to be aware of the world's catering to the temptations of the flesh & trust Jesus Christ in keeping us to be guard against it.

Do Not Cater to Society's Sex Appeal

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men have been drugged for organs thefts and not just to be taken advantage of themselves. Plus they can be drunk and wind up that way too.

And asking Him for help to put away the provision for the flesh and His help to provide the escape should temptations come again as He will lead us away from temptation and deliver us from the evil one.

Actually, this is a warning towards those who believe that Christ's one time offering for sin is made present again to receive again thus treating the blood of the New Covenant to be on par with the blood of goats and bulls when there was necessity for repeating under the Old Covenant. That is why God will get mad at those taking communion in making the bread & the wine "sacraments" in "holy" communion as if they are needing to receive that one time sacrifice for sin again being made present again to receive through "holy communion".

Those who do that, after having knowledge that there is no more sacrifice for sins will fall into the hands of the living God unless they repent and just do "communion" in remembrance of Him only.

Plus there is an iniquity when starting communion and that is by saying "we come into His Presence today.." wen that is not in according to our faith since He is in us and with us always so there is no coming into His Presence at communion and there is no walking away from His Presence after communion & certainly His Presence is not in the bread & wine to be receiving Him again for that would make it another Jesus & thus an antichrist.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

True, but sometimes we get careless in the world where the media throws the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye and the pride of life at us; hence sex appeal. We are to trust Him as our Good Shepherd to help us look away, fast forward or turn it off or watch something else.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

We need to be aware of the world's catering to the temptations of the flesh & trust Jesus Christ in keeping us to be guard against it.

Do Not Cater to Society's Sex Appeal

Wow, so now you’re complaining about how communion is done at churches. Is there anything you like about church????