What Happens When You Die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul

Aug 19, 2006

I have provided scritpures that explain the state of mankind when they die which is what the thread is asking.
Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10
Psalm 115:17
Psalm 146:4
Isaiah 38:18
Job 7:9-10
Psalm 78:39

pegg, you are missing the mark on every one of these verses. When I have time I will show you where. Mainly you are taking them out of context. More later.

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
jesus promises us everlasting life. how do you think we get that if there's nothing after death

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
jesus promises us everlasting life. how do you think we get that if there's nothing after death

Well one thing is for sure, we cannot have 'everlasting life' and be 'dead' at the same time.

We get everlasting life thru the hope of the resurrection. Jesus not only showed us the reality of the resurrection when he raised people from the dead, but he also promised the time in the future when 'all in the grave will hear his voice and come out'
John 5:28-30 The resurrections that Jesus performed was a revival from the state of death...Lazarus came to life again...he didnt go to heaven, he came to life back on earth. The Greek word a‧na′sta‧sis literally means “raising up; standing up” so it is a physical rising from the condition of death.

Paul told christians that the resurrection came in two parts....the firstfruits (Jesus and the 'heirs of the kingdom' being the first to be resurrection), then the rest of mankind at a later time. This is why such ones as king David were said to still be in their graves and not in heaven...they will be resurrected and live on earth forever.

1 Corinthians 21-32 "For since death is through a man, resurrection of the dead is also through a man. 22 For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each one in his own rank: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence....26 As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing....29 Otherwise, what will they do who are being baptized for the purpose of [being] dead ones? If the dead are not to be raised up at all, why are they also being baptized for the purpose of [being] such? 30 Why are we also in peril every hour? ...32....If the dead are not to be raised up, “let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we are to die.”

Its really sad that modern churchs neglect this vital teaching of Christ.

I just wanted to add that the resurrection was the hope of people like Job who said at Job 14:12-15

12 Man also has to lie down and does not get up.
Until heaven is no more they will not wake up,
Nor will they be aroused from their sleep.

13 O that in She′ol (the grave) you would conceal me,
That you would keep me secret until your anger turns back,
That you would set a time limit for me and remember me!

14 If an able-bodied man dies can he live again?
All the days of my compulsory service I shall wait,
Until my relief comes.

15 You will call, and I myself shall answer you.
For the work of your hands you will have a yearning.

Reactions: truthquest