What have you cooked lately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good to know you are still alive
Hope all is well with you away from the forum xx
Sorry @Nancy , I have gone off topic xxxx
Not really much of a topic @Rita lol...not a problem and, it is nice to see Josho for a change! Have been wondering where he went!

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I LOVE to cook, mostly in my instant pot or pressure king pro, today I made meatballs in a delicious tomato sauce, which consisted of, passata, onions, garlic, celery, oregano, salt and pepper, chicken stock, added cornflour at the end to thicken up the sauce, served with fresh spaghetti, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese..

The instant pot also makes delicious soup, I don’t know how I ever managed without it, it’s a joy to cook in both of them.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I LOVE to cook, mostly in my instant pot or pressure king pro, today I made meatballs in a delicious tomato sauce, which consisted of, passata, onions, garlic, celery, oregano, salt and pepper, chicken stock, added cornflour at the end to thicken up the sauce, served with fresh spaghetti, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese..

The instant pot also makes delicious soup, I don’t know how I ever managed without it, it’s a joy to cook in both of them.

I have an instapot and it doesn't cook a dang thing.

It just sits there, looking at me- so smug... like it's waiting for me to make the first move.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have an instapot and it doesn't cook a dang thing.

It just sits there, looking at me- so smug... like it's waiting for me to make the first move.
LOL, Isn’t it great that we can cook everything in just that one Pot?

I couldn’t live without mine now,lol, what you you cooked in yours?

Reactions: Nancy

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, Isn’t it great that we can cook everything in just that one Pot?

I couldn’t live without mine now,lol, what you you cooked in yours?

Nothing!

I must have been fooled by the name — Clever marketing! I opened the box and removed the lid, hoping for something delicious…. But no! Nothing!

I’m trading it for an abracadabra pot. With a little luck I’ll be able to pull a rabbit out of it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't cook much anymore, just potatoes and top ramen. Everything else I just heat up in the nuke. But when I did cook one of my favorites was Enchiladas Suizas you can make them from scratch and they taste just like the restaurant. I also love to BBQ steaks with some garlic and bacon fat served with sauteed mushrooms.

But my all time favorite is lobster with butter and garlic. You boil the lobster for 5 mins then bake for 30. So delicious. God made lobsters just for me I think :joyful:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Been having trouble connecting with the net lately as we go into winter season with it's high winds, rain and scrawly weather.

However. yesterday I made some very easy, home-made vegetable soup. Starting with a base - I got frozen peas (with a bit of water) and zapped them in my nutri-bullet along with salt and pepper to taste. Then I added frozen stir-fry veges into the N/B separately (with a bit of water) - next, I cut up small, a handful of raw potato's and pumpkin and zapped this through the N/B along with a bit of cream until smooth. I put all the ingredients into a pot to heat, stirring occasionally.

1682799008251.png
I also adding salt, pepper, paprika, dry parsley (you can add anything you like) Here is the outcome. Added some par baked garlic buffet bread.
I am still eating this for breakfast this morning. 1682799250335.png 1682799331332.png Yummy! :Broadly:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made this pizza! The dough is from scratch and the pizza sauce is also homemade. The sauce honestly smelled amazing. It's in the oven now. I hope it turns out well.

Attachments

• 20230527_185019.jpg
    20230527_185019.jpg
    580.4 KB · Views: 2

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It was my first time and it turned out well enough. Are you a homemaker as well Ritajanice? You seem very competent with food and gardening!!
Yes,I am a homemaker, I used to be a cook in residential/ nursing homes.....it took me quite a few times, to get the pizza dough right, ..your first attempt turned out much better than my first attempt with pizza dough...it came out like concrete , LOL,HA!!..I’ve had many failed attempts at cooking certain dishes, ...we just keep practicing, Wynona, looking forward to seeing more of your delicious recipes....