What should we eat, mans original diet.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading a new finding that diabetes can help in bringing it under control if people would just eat vegies or the diet found in the Garden of Eden.

"....When it comes to vegetables, people with diabetes, should eat at least three servings a day. Vegetables are healthy, chock full of vitamins and minerals, and some give you much needed fiber. The best part: vegetables are naturally low in calories -- if you are careful not to top them with butter, sour cream, cream soups, or cheese sauces.

Remember, non-starchy vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, lettuce, greens, carrots, chilies, peppers and tomatoes (those in this food group) do contain a small amount of carbohydrate -- 5 grams per serving.

Easy ways to eat your vegetables:

Keep frozen and canned vegetables on hand to know you always have vegetables at the ready.

Make double and triple portions; at a serving one day and have one ready-to-go for the next.

Blanch (quick cook and chill) a head of broccoli or cauliflower, break it into pieces, place in a plastic container and have a ready supply for the week, hot or cold.

Keep a bag of pre-cut or baby carrots around -- grab a handful as a snack, pack them with lunch, throw them into stew, or microwave for a quick vegetable.

Microwave or sauté onions and peppers to put more vegetables into a tomato sauce.

Toss extra sautéed vegetables on a frozen pizza.

Make a big salad to last a few days, store in the refrigerator in a plastic container.

Add vegetables into sandwiches -- not just the old lettuce and tomato, try alfalfa sprouts, sliced red onion, sliced cucumbers, sliced yellow squash or zucchini, red peppers, or leftover grilled vegetables.

Add vegetables to an omelette or scrambled eggs -- sauté onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and add some fresh herbs.

Drink tomato juice, V-8 ... as a vegetable.

In a tomato sauce, cut the amount of meat you use in half, and add more vegetables -- onions, peppers, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini or others..."(Adapted from the book Diabetes Meal Planning Made Easy. Written by Hope S. Warshaw, MMSc, RD, CDE, a nationally recognized expert on healthy eating and diabetes.)

The American Dietetic Association has affirmed that a healthy vegetarian diet, can meet our nutritional needs. But we need to eat a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, whole grain products, nuts, seeds, and legumes and limit your intake of sweets and fatty foods.

Here are some of the basic vegetarian foods we can easily find today, rice, beans, eggplant, vegetable soup, oatmeal, bean tacos and burritos, vegetable lo mein, vegetable pot pie, fruit shakes, bread, yogurt, cheese lasagna, peanut butter and jam, fruit salad, corn flakes, lentils, sprouts, chickpeas, kale, collards, barley, split peas, kidney beans, kiwi fruit, papaya. These are just some of the foods you can find, and there are many more.

This is even more clear..

"A diet rich in vegetables and fruits can lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke, prevent some types of cancer, lower risk of eye and digestive problems, and have a positive effect upon blood sugar, which can help keep appetite in check. Eating non-starchy vegetables and fruits like apples, pears, and green leafy vegetables may even promote weight loss. [1] Their low glycemic loads prevent blood sugar spikes that can increase hunger.

At least nine different families of fruits and vegetables exist, each with potentially hundreds of different plant compounds that are beneficial to health. "....

Vegetables and Fruits

Reactions: marks

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In a tomato sauce, cut the amount of meat you use in half, and add more vegetables -- onions, peppers, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini or others..."(Adapted from the book Diabetes Meal Planning Made Easy. Written by Hope S. Warshaw, MMSc, RD, CDE, a nationally recognized expert on healthy eating and diabetes.)

The American Dietetic Association has affirmed that a healthy vegetarian diet, can meet our nutritional needs. But we need to eat a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, whole grain products, nuts, seeds, and legumes and limit your intake of sweets and fatty foods.

Here are some of the basic vegetarian foods we can easily find today, rice, beans, eggplant, vegetable soup, oatmeal, bean tacos and burritos, vegetable lo mein, vegetable pot pie, fruit shakes, bread, yogurt, cheese lasagna, peanut butter and jam, fruit salad, corn flakes, lentils, sprouts, chickpeas, kale, collards, barley, split peas, kidney beans, kiwi fruit, papaya. These are just some of the foods you can find, and there are many more.

"A diet rich in vegetables and fruits can lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke, prevent some types of cancer, lower risk of eye and digestive problems, and have a positive effect upon blood sugar, which can help keep appetite in check. Eating non-starchy vegetables and fruits like apples, pears, and green leafy vegetables may even promote weight loss. [1] Their low glycemic loads prevent blood sugar spikes that can increase hunger.

At least nine different families of fruits and vegetables exist, each with potentially hundreds of different plant compounds that are beneficial to health. "....

Vegetables and Fruits
Great idea! Been there, done that along with friends that have done thd same! After while I start dreaming of steaks and other FUN meals!!

I would prefer to live well, than live long!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eat food;

Mostly plants;

Not too much

—Something I heard once; probably in "Forks Over Knives" or one of those newer documentaries you see everywhere.

The 'wellness' case for a plant-based diet has scarcely begun to be realized.

The Bible is full of evidence for it but I can say, from an anecdotal standpoint, it saved and renewed my life.

The more I learn about how well God has provided for the health and happiness of His children through the increase of the land, the more I marvel at His unutterable love.

Reactions: marks

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the appetite is denied stimulating food for a short time, it ceases to be desirable and plain, wholesome food is eaten with much more relish than is possible with more popular articles of diet.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in a fallen world stained with sin not the garden of Eden . In the law meat was not forbidden to eat and God would not say it was ok if it was harmful . Moderation people. Jesus ate the Passover meal and if it was ok for Him it’s ok for me. It’s not what goes into the stomach that defiles a man and Jesus declared all foods clean. Mark 7:19.

hope this helps !!!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eat food;

Mostly plants;

Not too much

—Something I heard once; probably in "Forks Over Knives" or one of those newer documentaries you see everywhere.

The 'wellness' case for a plant-based diet has scarcely begun to be realized.

The Bible is full of evidence for it but I can say, from an anecdotal standpoint, it saved and renewed my life.

The more I learn about how well God has provided for the health and happiness of His children through the increase of the land, the more I marvel at His unutterable love.
Amen my brother.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1Co 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

If the Lord Jesus were walking the earth today He would not be eating lamb and fish.

It's interesting to me that The Lord's Supper contains no animal products. He must have wanted to make sure that participating in this New Covenant ordinance would be a safe activity until the close of Earth's history.

Moderation in heart disease, cancer, pulmonary disease, and diabetes is a luxury the cost of which I can't put my loved ones, including dear Jesus, through.

The jury of science is in on the question of healthy nutrition. The WHO, the American Dietetic Association, the National Library Of Medicine (NIH.gov), the United Nations, the CDC, and countless other health authorities all agree that the Standard American Diet (SAD) cannot afford the vitality and longevity that a more plant-based diet has already proven to do.

A few of them only see eating more plants as a way to stave off ecological deterioration, but with institutions like Cornell U dispensing certificates in plant-based nutrition and with Harvard, Stanford, and Purdue heading in the same general direction, the writing is on the wall.

It's strange to me that so many of those who claim to believe in the Book that says God will destroy those who defile the body temple see no connection in this regard.

I'm so thankful that the LORD is merciful as we all seek to wade through the quagmire of Madison Avenue propaganda the devil has amassed to bar the way between our own hearts and minds, so dependent on the health of the body, and the throne of the Infinite.

If it isn't the rich, fatty foods that are being constantly paraded before us, it's the highly profitable pharmaceuticals.

Good health in old age is so rare that I personally know many seniors who routinely get held up at airports because the security staff can't believe they don't have any prescription drugs to declare. I don't remember my great-grandparents taking any medications. It seems to me that that was more common in later generations. I've had an arrhythmia condition my whole life that I stopped taking medication for long ago in favor of natural remedy.

The food business feeds us while having no regard for our health just as the healthcare business treats our disease while having little, if any regard for our what we put in our mouths.

Plant-foods boast a much higher ratio of nutrients to toxins than do animal foodstuffs. Preference notwithstanding, this simply cannot be gainsaid.

Plants have no oxidized cholesterol, no arachidonic acid, and far less heavy metals than animal products. And the pesticide profile of thoroughly washed and/or organic produce has a negligible effect on human health, in the average case.

To be sure, caution certainly must be exercised when undergoing changes that are so basic to health and the preservation of life itself.

But the time is coming and, for many, may even now be when there will be no reasonable excuse for those who know they are bought with a price not to pursue the best course for preserving God-given health.

This is an hard saying. Who can hear it?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was a kid, snacking between meals was discouraged and, in some quarters, not allowed at all. Digestion requires a lot of taxing effort, and the digestive organs need rest as much as any part of the human machinery. Science is re-realizing this, as well. Recently, a study was done showing the correlation between drinking with meals and likelihood of depression!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was reading a new finding that diabetes can help in bringing it under control if people would just eat vegies or the diet found in the Garden of Eden.

"....When it comes to vegetables, people with diabetes, should eat at least three servings a day. Vegetables are healthy, chock full of vitamins and minerals, and some give you much needed fiber. The best part: vegetables are naturally low in calories -- if you are careful not to top them with butter, sour cream, cream soups, or cheese sauces.

Remember, non-starchy vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, lettuce, greens, carrots, chilies, peppers and tomatoes (those in this food group) do contain a small amount of carbohydrate -- 5 grams per serving.

Easy ways to eat your vegetables:

Keep frozen and canned vegetables on hand to know you always have vegetables at the ready.

Make double and triple portions; at a serving one day and have one ready-to-go for the next.

Blanch (quick cook and chill) a head of broccoli or cauliflower, break it into pieces, place in a plastic container and have a ready supply for the week, hot or cold.

Keep a bag of pre-cut or baby carrots around -- grab a handful as a snack, pack them with lunch, throw them into stew, or microwave for a quick vegetable.

Microwave or sauté onions and peppers to put more vegetables into a tomato sauce.

Toss extra sautéed vegetables on a frozen pizza.

Make a big salad to last a few days, store in the refrigerator in a plastic container.

Add vegetables into sandwiches -- not just the old lettuce and tomato, try alfalfa sprouts, sliced red onion, sliced cucumbers, sliced yellow squash or zucchini, red peppers, or leftover grilled vegetables.

Add vegetables to an omelette or scrambled eggs -- sauté onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and add some fresh herbs.

Drink tomato juice, V-8 ... as a vegetable.

Vegetables and Fruits
You mean I can't have my beer and my pork....crackling...and my high sugar refined junk which calls itself food and drink and still be happy healthy and wise?

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in a fallen world stained with sin not the garden of Eden . In the law meat was not forbidden to eat and God would not say it was ok if it was harmful . Moderation people. Jesus ate the Passover meal and if it was ok for Him it’s ok for me. It’s not what goes into the stomach that defiles a man and Jesus declared all foods clean. Mark 7:19.

hope this helps !!!
Well, the story of Daniel tells us what happens when we eat the original diet..Daniel 1:1-15
1 In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it.
2 And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.
3 And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes;
4 Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans.
5 And the king appointed them a daily provision of the king's meat, and of the wine which he drank: so nourishing them three years, that at the end thereof they might stand before the king.
6 Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah:
7 Unto whom the prince of the eunuchs gave names: for he gave unto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah, of Abednego.
8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
9 Now God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs.
10 And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort? then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king.
11 Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the prince of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah,
12 Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.
13 Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.
14 So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.
15 And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean I can't have my beer and my pork....crackling...and my high sugar refined junk which calls itself food and drink and still be happy healthy and wise?
If you see how diabetes, cancers, and even the damage to our minds as it kills the cells in the brain to say nothing of what its doing to our body. Here is something I came across that sheds light on it.."The fundamental concern as we look to reform health in America is the known reality that most chronic diseases that afflict Americans are predominantly lifestyle induced; and the belief is that the vast majority of heart attacks and strokes could be prevented if people were willing to adopt healthy lifestyle behaviors. In addition, healthy lifestyles would impact a significant number of cancers which are also believed to be related to lifestyle exposures, especially to obesity, cigarettes, and other toxins.

Over the past 50 years, the health of Americans has gotten worse, and now 71% of Americans are overweight or obese—not 66%, which was reported 5 years ago.1 That means a staggering 100 million people in America are obese. Today, eating processed foods and fast foods may kill more people prematurely than cigarette smoking.2"

Reactions: JBO and BarneyFife

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is not with too many carbs or too much red meat and all those other claims that you read about all the time. All of those foods were prevalent 100 or so years ago when there was almost no heart disease or diabetes. The problem is with the processed food industry and it is only going to get worse.

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think vegetables are fine, but we are far removed from the pristine environment in the Garden of Eden. We have to deal with things like environmental toxins, depleted soil, and genetically modified food. Vegetables also have things called antinutrients that interfere with nutrient absorption. As it turns out, plants don't like to be eaten either and have a defense mechanism to deter them from being eaten. I'm not hating on plants; I'm just putting it out there.

Some people have done quite well on carnivore diets, which are also great for preventing diabetes and controlling weight. When you look at what our ancestors ate, it was primarily animal-based, and they didn't suffer from the maladies that afflict modern civilization. Personally, I don't like extreme diets. I prefer eating a mix of animal and vegetable foods. The main thing is to avoid processed foods, especially refined grains, and eat organic if you can afford it.

Last edited:

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It isn't the same for everyone.

It looks like early on in the history of mankind, we split into two groups - farmers and herders. If you're descended from farmers, you'll likely see benefits from eating more plants and grains. If you're descended from herders, you'll likely see benefits from eating more meats and milk products.

There are some lucky people who tolerate all of these things well... and some unlikely people who seem to be allergic to life.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is not with too many carbs or too much red meat and all those other claims that you read about all the time. All of those foods were prevalent 100 or so years ago when there was almost no heart disease or diabetes. The problem is with the processed food industry and it is only going to get worse.
Well, it took some time for it to start showing up in the medical side, but its clearly showing up...
'Eating lots of processed meat can increase the risk of bowel cancer.

We know for definite that processed meat is a cause of cancer. We are as sure of this link as we are for other proven causes of cancer, like tobacco and alcohol.

Red meat is classed as a probable cause of cancer. This means there is lots of good evidence of a link between eating red meat and some types of cancer, but we need a few more of the best quality studies to be certain.

There is some evidence that eating processed and red meat increases the risk of stomach and pancreatic cancers. But we need more research to know for sure.'

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An interesting feature of this general question is that the human body has absolutely no need for carbohydrates. It does however require protein and fat. The reason to eat fruits and vegetables is because of the vitamins and nutrients that are obtained. The carbs that come along with them are not required.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An interesting feature of this general question is that the human body has absolutely no need for carbohydrates. It does however require protein and fat. The reason to eat fruits and vegetables is because of the vitamins and nutrients that are obtained. The carbs that come along with them are not required.
Fiber is a basic human necessity, and it is classified as a carbohydrate.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We not in the garden of eden anymo homie... we need nourishment found in meat since the earth has changed drastically since the fall of man.