What have you learned on this board in 2017?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what have you learned about yourself / your faith / your theology from the community on this board during the past year?

1. I can still get hooked by other people’s opinions about Christianity
2. Many of us are brothers and sisters in Christ, who post on this board; opinions not considered.
3. I have discovered a new heart for prayer and study.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've learned once again that I "like people"..and that I can still learn even from the most grump and unpleasant person. Not "from them" as such but learn about myself. I have not yet learned when to butt out of a discussion soon enough, before I get frustrated...still learning that one :)

I have found myself challenged in ref to "the Trinity" I had kind of shelved that back a while...but some posts here have forced me to take it off the shelve again and take a second run at it.

I have also learned that there are some Christians out there that hold some very strange beliefs :D Where on earth some of them came up with them is anyones guess.

I have learned that what I can see so clearly in the bible is not always what some other person sees , and that I must leave them free even if I believe that they are missing so much blessing.

And I have learned (once again) just how quickly I can get fired up when I see/ read, a heavy handed dogmatic arrogant person declaring that his/her interpretation is the only one and only way, and anyone who do not agree with them is either "not a real Christian" or a heretic. :rolleyes:
They come...we need 'em to rub the sharp edges off....but thankfully they do also go too...

I have learned that we have a wonderful mixed family here..warts and all.lol

Well that is enough from me right now. ha!
Happy New Year my brother.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what have you learned about yourself / your faith / your theology from the community on this board during the past year?

1. I can still get hooked by other people’s opinions about Christianity
2. Many of us are brothers and sisters in Christ, who post on this board; opinions not considered.
3. I have discovered a new heart for prayer and study.

Well, I have learned to not care so much about myself or care about others so much, because its not good for my health. If God wants me to put the cares of life on him, or to "let go and let God" as the saying goes, then that's what I will strive to do from here on in, although that's a hell of a lot easier said than done.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I have learned to not care so much about myself or care about others so much, because its not good for my health. If God wants me to put the cares of life on him, or to "let go and let God" as the saying goes, then that's what I will strive to do from here on in, although that's a hell of a lot easier said than done.

Yes. I have tried to apply the ideas, ‘mind your own business’ and ‘experience life with a light touch’ more and more as the years roll by

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've learned that media worshippers; those who deify headlines from cheap tabloids as absolute truth, especially when it comes to the Pope, are a waste of time.

fb6eda3ca67906b774c080198695dea4--catholic-jokes.jpg

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i was shown a lot of forgiveness when i first got here a year ago, that for some reason really convicted me, not sure why as i have been getting a lot of forgiveness pretty much my whole life lol, just didn't appreciate that i guess. So this has been a big year for that, for me. this has been for that :)