What helps you calm down when you're feeling stressed/anxious?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you say.

You fall in the ‘Can’t Accept It’ category.
Hah! Nice try.
I don’t accept that it means being born and dying over and over again.
I DO accept that Jesus was talking the spirit of the word and that not all are ready to bear/accept the spirit of the words from God yet.

Reactions: Debp

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christian toughness is a POWER thing that sweeps away anxiety and stress..:)

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of POWER, of love and of self discipline..that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (2 Tim 1:7,Col 4:12)
"I am full of POWER, judgement and might by the spirit of the Lord" (Micah 3:8)
"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine POWER to demolish strongholds" (2 Cor 10:4)
"Our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with POWER"- (1 Thess 1:5)
"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty POWER" (Ephesians 6:10)

"After Jesus spent the night in prayer, everybody tried to touch him because POWER was coming from him" (Luke 6:12-19)

• Love
Reactions: Siddhi Koli

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

• Finding the truth.
    • Vision of the Holy Spirit.
    • Believing in monotheism.
    • Jesus Christ died for salvation.
    • Positive thinking.
    • Being single in this world.
    • Liberation from the cycle of birth and death.
This passion helps me calm my mind.:)
Hi Siddhi. So glad you are here.

In answer to your question about what helps a Christian to calm down....

I think we usually have the peace of Christ in our hearts and minds. However, in stressful times, maybe we can get a little anxious.

In those times, besides praying, try to remember comforting Scripture verses. If you memorize some comforting verses (God's promises), you can think upon them when you get anxious.

6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Meditate on These Things​

8Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo