What I do when I am fearful and scared...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

banjo71

May 9, 2011
IL
I suffer from a severe mental illness, and it's very common to suffer from fear and worry over irrational things. I have been redeemed by God. That much I know, and is settling me as I type this... But my suffering is great from the illness, and I hate having irrational thoughts. I can't shut it out, and if I do my thing, normal everyday stuff, all of a sudden I get very scared. I usually freeze, and though doing nothing at all seems silly, it's a natural response because I want to escape the irrational thoughts.

The only thing I can do, I've found, is to reach our Father in some type of prayer. The prayer may be messy, unrehearsed and totally informal. But what better way to express yourself to the Father than to just say what you feel like, every single thing that is upsetting you?

I don't know if anyone else has mental illness on this forum, my guess is there is, but I just wanted to share this with you. Pray when you suffer fear and God will calm you. But you need to seek Him. Get plenty of sleep, treat your body right, and put positive Godly thoughts in your head. Build your faith while the time is good. Then when you fall into fear, you'll remember to go to the Father, to pray, and have assurance and faith in the process.

God bless everybody.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Awesome post...thank you for sharing....Lord Jesus, please place Your child One of God's children in a capsule of love, for we know Lord that when Your love surrounds us the enemy can not bear to be near...Thank you Lord Jesus...Amen.....darling..praying for you

Shep

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I love it simple, practical and spiritual! Sometimes if you do not know what to pray say JESUS! It works ! The name of Jesus keeps you!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[quote name='One of God's Children' timestamp='1306463642' post='112246']
I suffer from a severe mental illness, and it's very common to suffer from fear and worry over irrational things. I have been redeemed by God. That much I know, and is settling me as I type this... But my suffering is great from the illness, and I hate having irrational thoughts. I can't shut it out, and if I do my thing, normal everyday stuff, all of a sudden I get very scared. I usually freeze, and though doing nothing at all seems silly, it's a natural response because I want to escape the irrational thoughts.

The only thing I can do, I've found, is to reach our Father in some type of prayer. The prayer may be messy, unrehearsed and totally informal. But what better way to express yourself to the Father than to just say what you feel like, every single thing that is upsetting you?

I don't know if anyone else has mental illness on this forum, my guess is there is, but I just wanted to share this with you. Pray when you suffer fear and God will calm you. But you need to seek Him. Get plenty of sleep, treat your body right, and put positive Godly thoughts in your head. Build your faith while the time is good. Then when you fall into fear, you'll remember to go to the Father, to pray, and have assurance and faith in the process.

God bless everybody.
[/quote]
Amen...:) that was just beautiful child of God!
may the Lord our God continue to strengthen you in your walk with him...

Bless ya!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[font="georgia]I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~Mark Twain
[/font]

Hope this helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4-GTuzOo0I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UqVW2XzWIo

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
All humans have anxieties and fears and i wouldnt call it a mental illness.. To men it may appear a mental illness but in reality its just oppression from the devil, and it is something that God can deliver you from.. I too become anxious about things but i try not to let it have dominion over me..

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
^^^ Disciple is right it is just oppression from the devil and demonic powers. You gotta pull out your bible try and think about what is right in God's eyes God hates what they do.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011

I don't know if anyone else has mental illness on this forum, my guess is there is, but I just wanted to share this with you. Pray when you suffer fear and God will calm you. But you need to seek Him. Get plenty of sleep, treat your body right, and put positive Godly thoughts in your head. Build your faith while the time is good. Then when yowhich is easily forfeitedu fall into fear, you'll remember to go to the Father, to pray, and have assurance and faith in the process.

God bless everybody.
[/quote]

I know it is a bit late to reply to this post but this is a universal problem which requires careful Christian insight. I have spoken with you recently and the same applies that I mentioned then. With the new, extra, information, it might be wise to look at those who interact in your life. It is a shame but often in these circumstances there is a second person who has acquired the evil art of winding up others and wilfully leave their target drained and anxious. Its coloquial title is 'bullying' and the bully latches on to and attacks your inner strength which is easily forfeited, without strong Christian guidelines. This bullying progresses into all manner of things so we need to arm ourselves with Jesus' accurate teaching to resist, and reward the bully, by not responding in the way they want us to, to their antics.

prophetic

Dec 19, 2011
hi mate , Don't worry just trust in the lord .... The Lord says .... fear not that i am with you ....GOD BLESS YOU

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most repeated phrase by Jesus is 'be not afraid' :)

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I am afraid of flying and I don't know why because I used to fly all the time unafraid...In fact I used to love flying. Maybe it has something to do with 9/11...I don't know. But I'm glad to say that I did get on a plane over the Holiday's. I missed my family so much that seeing them over-rode my fear, at least partially because I did cry on both flights. But I did my best to trust God through my fear, especially during the turbulence and banking of the plane.It was a miracle that I did it at all and I am now thinking that I can do it again.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA

God bless everybody.
[/quote] God Bless you my friend for your encouragement in prayer. It is in those fearful times that we need to pray through the most. May you be totally healed from mental illness, it does not belong to you...you are indeed a child of the most high God and mental illness is under His feet...start refusing that label.. God Bless you richly.