What is a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Then Pete, I (probably Kriss too) will say this to you, Get ready for the great deception going to happen on this planet, in this very age. Get ready to defend yourself.Lovest thou in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Allah does not equal YHVH any way you slice it so we're not the only ones under the burden of proof. You find no welcome for this oneworldism nonsense around here. This is one doctrine this website will not tolerate.

John

Mar 31, 2007
May I ask where you got that notion from ?? I'd have to strongly disagree with it. The term "Allah" is Arabic for "God". This is the same God of Abraham. The God of the Old and New Testament. Muslims trace their geneology back to Ishmael, son of Abraham. The God of Islam is truely the same God that Christians worship. If you disagree on this I recommend that you find an Islam discussion forum and ask a Muslim.
Though Allah, may be the word for God we do not worship the same God We believe that Jesus is not only our savior our messiah, but God in the fleshI don't believe Muslims would acknowledge Jesus as God The Son and this is why we worship a different God John 1:1In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Jhn 1:2 He was in the beginning with God. Jhn 1:3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 1:14And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. Heb 1:8But to the Son He says:"Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdomcol 2:9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
No where in the Bible is God called Allah. Therefore do not call God by Allah, but call Him by the name we all know Him by. Yahweh, Lord, Messiah, Jesus, etc.You can't call God Phil. God won't answer to that name, therefore don't call God Allah.

pmb

Sep 8, 2007
(Denver;17943)
Allah does not equal YHVH any way you slice it so we're not the only ones under the burden of proof.
"God" is the English word for the Lord. Arabic-speaking Jews and Christians use Allah as the name for God for their monotheistic God. Even Jesus didn't pronounce "God" the same way that it is pronouced in English. He called God Elohim.http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Names_of_...him/elohim.html
You find no welcome for this oneworldism nonsense around here. This is one doctrine this website will not tolerate.
I'm just stating what the religion is and what they believe. I do not adhere to the religion. All I did was make a point I find interestind, i.e. that Muslims believe that Jesus is the Messiah but they don't believe that he's God and that they don't believe he died on the cross. Unfortunately all sorts of false statements followed that which I merely wished to correct. What is oneworldism and why do you dislike/hate it so much?Pete

pmb

Sep 8, 2007
(John;17947)
Though Allah, may be the word for God we do not worship the same God.
You mean that you don't worship the God of Genesis, i.e. the God of Abraham?
We believe that Jesus is not only our savior our messiah, but God in the flesh
I'm only saying that Muslims believe in the same God as we and the Jews do. Jews don't believe that Jesus was God just like Muslims don't. Yet we wouldn't disagree on whether Jews worship the same God as we do.
I don't believe Muslims would acknowledge Jesus as God The Son and this is why we worship a different God
Neither would a Jew. One thing that Muslims have over Jews is that Muslims believe that Jesus is the Messiah. Sorry I mentioned what I found interesting. This thread has gone way off course.Pete

pmb

Sep 8, 2007
(Denver;17943)
Allah does not equal YHVH any way you slice it so we're not the only ones under the burden of proof. You find no welcome for this oneworldism nonsense around here. This is one doctrine this website will not tolerate.
Actually I'm glad you said this. It let's me know that this board is run by an intolerant christian and as such this is no place for me to be posting. So I will leave now and not return. God Bless and adios!Pete

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
It is not the people who is intolerance of it. It is the TRUTH that is extremely intolerance of it.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
pmb, if Allah is demanding that we all become Muslims then why, in His infinite and holy wisdom, am I not either Muslim or a corpes? By your ill logic Allah and YWHW are infact, the same God. Would that mean thatt Christ is in fact not the Son of Man, did not die for our sins, go through the Harrowing of Hell? That he is but a man and will come with the last Imam to convert all Christians to Islam?You answer yes to any of these questions and I will put your ignorance on ignore.

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
If Muslims worshipped the same God that Jews do why are Muslims trying to remove all Jews from the world? If Muslims worshipped the same God that Christians do, why would Muslims hate Christians so much? If Muslims are trying to worship the same God as Jews and Christians they are seriously confused. If Muslims are trying to cloud the issue and make the ignorant westerners believe they pray to the same God as Christians, this is a good way to go about it.

seekingwisdom

Sep 8, 2007
:study:Question who's to say any one of us could not have been born under islamic religion. No one chooses where they are born and what they are raised to follow . Does that make these children that are brought to follow islam wrong when they die for what they were taught? Is there any-1 here that was born under Islam religion?? If you were not and you are judging it what gives you the right to? It's the Lord's place to judge not ours. It is our place to love and lead and show our light by the fruits of the spirit. any-1 can quote as many scriptures as they want (the devil himself did the same to Jesus) does that make them a christian? Maybe in their eyes but not the Lord's because if we cannot remove the timber from our own eyes then how can we bear the fruit of the spirit to help someone else with theirs?:pray4::pray4:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
This is exactly the kind of thinking Antichrist is looking for. Everyone has a choice who you will follow if you are born into Satan worshipers does that mean you dont have a choice??? Everyone has heard of God if you choose not to follow his word your choice.Yes God does the judging but any Christian had better be able to discern who to cast their pearls too Matthew 7:6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
(seekingwisdom;18026)
:study:Question who's to say any one of us could not have been born under islamic religion. No one chooses where they are born and what they are raised to follow . Does that make these children that are brought to follow islam wrong when they die for what they were taught? Is there any-1 here that was born under Islam religion?? If you were not and you are judging it what gives you the right to? It's the Lord's place to judge not ours. It is our place to love and lead and show our light by the fruits of the spirit. any-1 can quote as many scriptures as they want (the devil himself did the same to Jesus) does that make them a christian? Maybe in their eyes but not the Lord's because if we cannot remove the timber from our own eyes then how can we bear the fruit of the spirit to help someone else with theirs?:pray4::pray4:
It is one thing for I to tell a friend to quit his adultery while I refuse to and stateing biblical and quranic fact that both dieties are not the same.