What is Freedom?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't about a location.
It's global. Any place where people lord over other people and put them in servitude, is no more or less criminal.
It is the same, just different degrees.
Stop trying to disect it as to who is better or worse.
That's the game they want us to play.

If you want to play THAT game, go make another thread.
Hugs

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously? You’re comparing us and our values with regimes who have no respect for individual rights?

"Our" values as in the Constitution or the values of the left who are trying to take over?

It’s your opinion but I think your perception slider is too skewed on one end. My slider is somewhat in the middle.

My slider is based on real world actual experience, yours?

Even when I lived in Europe I missed all the things that are easy in America which we take for granted.

Nowhere near a comparison

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My slider is also based on real world experience which is odd how you don’t value USA after seeing hardships in other countries.
But different opinions make life interesting I guess.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My slider is also based on real world experience which is odd how you don’t value USA after seeing hardships in other countries.
But different opinions make life interesting I guess.

On the contrary, I do value it and fight against the left at every chance I get. What have you actually done to preserve the "American Way of Life"?

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary, I do value it and fight against the left at every chance I get. What have you actually done to preserve the "American Way of Life"?

I try to fight against the extreme right to keep America safe but I think in the long term we will end up like Rome, too divided and overstretched militarily. But as we exist now, we’re 10 times better than many nations on earth.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't a LEFT OR RIGHT THREAD.

If your tryin to PIZZ me off your doing a good job

Reactions: BarneyFife

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy In the world the conflict is basically spiritual rather than political, right? (indeed, the same could be said of the conflict within). Ephesians 6....
See how easy it is for people to control your feelings even when you least expect it.

How do you avoid the conflict?

Just walk away I guess.

I'll just start another thread.
Hugs

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So that makes you part of the problem- How do you reconcile the "left ( far and middle) with any Christian values whatsoever?

What exactly do you mean by "keep America safe"?

I don’t think so. I’m part of the solution. Just like you think you are part of the solution.
I don’t see any problem with the left and Christianity. I go to church, pray and the left is not prohibiting me.

I keep America safe from violent terrorism of the extreme right.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy it’s just a discussion in a public forum. It’s hard to predict where the convo will go. In my topics I’ve seen many off topic comments and it’s okay. It’s a public forum.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy it’s just a discussion in a public forum. It’s hard to predict where the convo will go. In my topics I’ve seen many off topic comments and it’s okay. It’s a public forum.
It's my thread.
It is intended to discuss how to free oneself from oppresive slavery of manmade rules.
You both just want to play ping pong.
Go play somewhere else
Thank you

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t see any problem with the left and Christianity. I go to church, pray and the left is not prohibiting me.

So you see no problem with the left who :
Deny's God and Jesus for the sake of diversity and inclusion and restricts usage of even His word?
Promotes murder of the unborn?
Promotes all manner of evil?
Promotes violence ( especially "mostly peaceful violence")?
Promotes values directly in contradiction with Gods written word?

I keep America safe from violent terrorism of the extreme right.

Give me ONE example of this "violent terrorism" of the extreme right? (I don't mean a made up one)

When did the Westboro Baptist Church ever blow anything up or behead people?

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's my thread.
It is intended to discuss how to free oneself from oppresive slavery of manmade rules.
You both just want to play ping pong.
Go play somewhere else
Thank you

So our discussion is actually on-topic. How is America oppressive compared to North Korea for example? Do you know what’s it like to live in a communist system? I do actually.
So now the question is, do you want to discuss these ideas on a forum or do you just want to post for those who agree with you?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@An Apologetic Sheepdog @GaryAnderson

Is it possible for you both to walk away from either the left or right ideology and think for yourselves beyond political affiliation?
Or are you both so enslaved by the political divide that you must take part of the dog and pony show?

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you see no problem with the left who :
Deny's God and Jesus for the sake of diversity and inclusion and restricts usage of even His word?
Promotes murder of the unborn?
Promotes all manner of evil?
Promotes violence ( especially "mostly peaceful violence")?
Promotes values directly in contradiction with Gods written word?

Give me ONE example of this "violent terrorism" of the extreme right? (I don't mean a made up one)

When did the Westboro Baptist Church ever blow anything up or behead people?

I see a problem with abortion, diversity without qualifications and some other values contradicting God. I see no problem with “promoting evil” , “violence” etc.

As far as giving you examples of extreme right, I won’t because you’re entrenched in your position just like I am in mine.
We have sides to pick and this side is mine.

In this side we don’t believe America is comparable to North Korea.