What is God's purpose for humans?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods purpose for humans was given in the first chapter of the Bible:
(Genesis 1:27-30) . . .God went on to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them. 28 Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.” 29 Then God said: “Here I have given to you every seed-bearing plant that is on the entire earth and every tree with seed-bearing fruit. Let them serve as food for you. 30 And to every wild animal of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving on the earth in which there is life, I have given all green vegetation for food.” And it was so.

Adam's sin of course threw a wrench into that, but instantly God gave the solution found in the first recorded prophecy found at Gen 3:15, through this provision humans will fill the earth. Isa 55:11

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

Bottom line:
An individual to have the Heartful Desire to become MADE (anew, via the Power of God) in Gods Likeness.

Glory to God,
Taken

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

Bottom line:
An individual to have the Heartful Desire to become MADE (anew, via the Power of God) in Gods Likeness.

Glory to God,
Taken

Actually Taken, it was to multiply and fill the earth with righteous humans. Gen 1:28

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually Taken, it was to multiply and fill the earth with righteous humans. Gen 1:28

Well sure. Men seemingly have no issues with multiplying, or being curious About God, yet lax in Believing what they can NOT SEE.
Filling the earth with Righteous men, Yet to come into fruition.

Reactions: Robert Gwin

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well sure. Men seemingly have no issues with multiplying, or being curious About God, yet lax in Believing what they can NOT SEE.
Filling the earth with Righteous men, Yet to come into fruition.

You kind of hit on the key Taken, Jehovah is invisible, and He expects us to know and serve Him with our eyes of faith. That is why He is so down on graven images used to serve Him. I would imagine when it comes right down to it, all of us have a measure of doubt about God's existence, even though creation really proclaims Him Rom 1:20

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You kind of hit on the key Taken, Jehovah is invisible, and He expects us to know and serve Him with our eyes of faith. That is why He is so down on graven images used to serve Him. I would imagine when it comes right down to it, all of us have a measure of doubt about God's existence, even though creation really proclaims Him Rom 1:20

Agree, the “graven” imagery....erecting, bowing down before, don’t like or find that impressive or worthy.

Can’t say I have any doubts of Gods existence.
While I can not SEE God, His Works are so Magnificent that which I DO SEE daily, and stand in awe, that which nothing whatsoever compares, that nothing gives me pause to doubt.
Being a person, no doubt, people can DO really dumb things...
And me not being a Star, Planet, Sun, Moon, Plant, Tree, Animal, Cloud...I observe those things daily, and think what an Awesome Perfect God. Concerning Animals, and communicating with them and they with me, to me is a strange yet a wondrous Works of God that that be possible.

Reactions: Robert Gwin

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods purpose for humans was given in the first chapter of the Bible:
(Genesis 1:27-30) . . .God went on to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them. 28 Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.” 29 Then God said: “Here I have given to you every seed-bearing plant that is on the entire earth and every tree with seed-bearing fruit. Let them serve as food for you. 30 And to every wild animal of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving on the earth in which there is life, I have given all green vegetation for food.” And it was so.

Adam's sin of course threw a wrench into that, but instantly God gave the solution found in the first recorded prophecy found at Gen 3:15, through this provision humans will fill the earth. Isa 55:11
I wonder if God would like to have some company.

Reactions: ScottA