What is my calling?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the case of Saul, Acts 9:

3 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
In my case, I did not hear a voice call from heaven. So what is my calling?

In terms of vocation, at any stage in my life, I just find something that I enjoy doing, am passionate about, and excel at. While looking for that, 1 Corinthians 7:

17 each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them.
Colossians 3:

17 whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
In terms of daily life, Ephesians 4:

1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
Listen to God. Be the best that God has made you.

In my case, I spent roughly the first 30 years of my life learning and studying to get my PhD in AI. For the next 30 years or so, earning money as a professor and raising a family of 5 kids. Now, I'm happy studying the word of God every day all day. The Lord guides us with peace and joy in our callings.

Psalm 37:

4 Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In terms of vocation, at any stage in my life, I just find something that I enjoy doing, am passionate about, and excel at. While looking for that, 1 Corinthians 7:

Colossians 3:

In my case, I spent roughly the first 30 years of my life learning and studying to get my PhD in AI. For the next 30 years or so, earning money as a professor and raising a family of 5 kids. Now, I'm happy studying the word of God every day all day. The Lord guides us with peace and joy in our callings.

Psalm 37:
I agree. We should simply do what comes natural to us. God needs nothing from us except our love and worship. He made us and is happy when we simply be who we are.

He is impressed by nothing except our conformity to His Word, which is individualized. We don't need a great vision, showing us what to do, though God may choose to do that. We simply let God design how He does things with each individual, knowing that He is the artist and will design something wonderful.

It all ends up expressing intelligent design of such kind that only God could've planned it and only God could've carried it out. We dare not try to change anything more than make a simple choice to please Him in all we do. He will be the one to make us a testimony to something beautiful.

I'm personally impressed by who you are and by your gifts. But I'm most impressed by your attention to the truths about God and to the biblical teaching we are called upon to learn from. Thanks for asking a million questions! :) It allows us and forces us to think the most interesting things!

Reactions: amadeus

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Colossians 3:

Psalm 37:
Your calling is to Live, Love and Die.....

Jam 2:8 If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF," you are doing well.

Gal 5:14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Both Paul and James.... agree!!!

Don't make it any harder....

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Online source which I agree with.

When God calls you, He will equip and prepare you to effectively complete your assignment on time. He will use every aspect of who you are and where you came from to bring about His will in your life.

In Jesus Name... Amen!!

Reactions: TonyChanYT