What is our commision?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in short man was given God's place in the earth, with instructions to go by His Judgements. hence as son of God:

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

hence by son ship accommodate the Presence of God in the earth.

take note one must be born again hence born of Spirit God's Spirit the Holy Spirit which is the Presence of God since Jesus says God is a Spirit. therefore ion indwelling of God in man. and we are to follow His Word now made flesh we know as Jesus the Son of God.

and Jesus would say that He was in the Father and the Father was in Him and they were with each other. He did say His Father that is in Heaven was going to be in Him He said the Father is within Him. and by use who are born again now given the power to become sons of God should experience the same as Christ Jesus. if one is following the Word of God as it was given to Adam then one would be executing God's Judgement, and God's Judgement is Life. make no mistake man's own judgement of what is good and evil results in death and God's Judgements result as life.

how is that today in the context of the Ministry of Grace given the apostles?

Mercy, Healing, acceptance of repentance, and the Lord's rebuke for the accuser of God's Children. God is not the accuser, nor is the Kingdom of Heaven.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus 12 apostles were instructed to 'teach them to observe all the things I have commanded you'

So if an apostle was to teach you what he himself was taught, then you would be doing the same as the apostle. And if the Apostle failed to teach you to observe all the things that he himself was taught, then he is not a very good apostle and not one who you should put a lot of trust in.

Jesus didn't command them to teach the nations what he taught them. He said to teach them what I have commanded you [to teach them].

Sure, they were going to tell what happened. But they weren't going out to make more apostles. They were teaching sheep to be sheep, not shepherds. There were exceptions like Timothy, of course, but not everyone was being trained to be a bishop.

Again, I refer you to 1 Co 12 as well as Eph 4.

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you doing any of that? and what it intails??

My full time job is with the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology. I'm also an independent contractor for the Augustine Institute. I lead a bible study on Saturday mornings. I am a spiritual mentor and a sponsor for people entering the church. I contribute to the missions. All of that is worthless as dust without prayer. So my biggest contribution to the buildup of the Kingdom is prayer and fasting.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My full time job is with the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology. I'm also an independent contractor for the Augustine Institute. I lead a bible study on Saturday mornings. I am a spiritual mentor and a sponsor for people entering the church. I contribute to the missions. All of that is worthless as dust without prayer. So my biggest contribution to the buildup of the Kingdom is prayer and fasting.
Yes I agree with the dust as Paul did. well Paul never called it dust but I know what you mean, Nice and thanks. But there is a whole lot more we are to do. Just like Christ.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mark 12
28 Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, “Which is the first commandment of all?”
29 Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.
30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment.
31 And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Ok so what does that look like in your daily life . I never asked what the bible says I know what it says. I asked what do you do in regaurd to the commision?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Like you said, the disciples. You answered your own question.

So once again I have to ask you do you have a scripture to tell you to wait like YOU said.
If you dont want to answer the question or cant answer the question we cant go any further . you are running a one way conversation. Where did God tell you to wait? Please just answer the question and stop all the tit for tat. You have scripture or you dont. I think we both know you dont.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus 12 apostles were instructed to 'teach them to observe all the things I have commanded you'

So if an apostle was to teach you what he himself was taught, then you would be doing the same as the apostle. And if the Apostle failed to teach you to observe all the things that he himself was taught, then he is not a very good apostle and not one who you should put a lot of trust in.
Well they did teach us and they wrote it all down for us. They wrote WHat Jesus done and said. So they did just fine. How about you? What are you doing with what the bible told you to do? Keep in mine you have need of no man Holy Ghost will teach you all things. So th espostle are now not responcible we are.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So once again I have to ask you do you have a scripture to tell you to wait like YOU said.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

I hope you are not one of them.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok so what does that look like in your daily life . I never asked what the bible says I know what it says. I asked what do you do in regaurd to the commision?
I put God first and treat people the way I want to be treated.

Sometimes I fail...

May 25, 2017
Windsor
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How could they possibly be doing the commision with out Christ in His rightfull place. Theey dont concider Jesus as God. But a god.

While I don't believe the JW's are right on a number of their doctrines, let's give them credit where credit is due and when it comes to making disciples, they are doing so. My question is, are these disciples of Christ, or are they disciples of the JW's doctrines? Christ clearly taught of hell, not as a common grave, but rather as a place of torment: but the JW's deny Jesus's teachings on hell, because it doesn't fit their concept of what a God of love would allow men to endure.

Luke 12 quotes Jesus as having stated: "4And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him."

The above words of Jesus's have no place in JW's theology, which is exactly the problem with organized religion, which is governed by men: it fails to allow men to disagree with it's organization even if the organization is wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sword

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
While I don't believe the JW's are right on a number of their doctrines, let's give them credit where credit is due and when it comes to making disciples, they are doing so. My question is, are these disciples of Christ, or are they disciples of the JW's doctrines? Christ clearly taught of hell, not as a common grave, but rather as a place of torment: but the JW's deny Jesus's teachings on hell, because it doesn't fit their concept of what a God of love would allow men to endure.
The dont except Jesus as God. Deciples of what. They are being mislead I know there leaders have been mislead. Most of the Christian church has been mislead.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I put God first and treat people the way I want to be treated.

Sometimes I fail...
Ok thanks for saying as little as possible in every post you make. Its like pulling molers with you. What do you do to peole are you laying hands on or not. If not why not.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

I hope you are not one of them.
So you still do not have a scripture that tells you not to go do you??????????????????

May 25, 2017
Windsor
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok thanks for saying as little as possible in every post you make. Its like pulling molers with you. What do you do to peole are you laying hands on or not. If not why not.

People can lay hands on people all they want, but if they are not walking right with God, in and from their heart's, God will not honor them. He may honor the receiving person's faith, but he will not honor the intersession of the unrighteous person's prayer on their behalf. Even Jesus had guildlines which hindered him from being able to work miracles.

I think we should work on having people focus on the overall lordship of Christ in their lives, instead of one doctrine.

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't work miracles if that's what you're asking. Not everyone has spiritual gifts.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't work miracles if that's what you're asking. Not everyone has spiritual gifts.
No I think you will find anyone can lay hands on the sick and they will recover. Thats what Jesus said.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
People can lay hands on people all they want, but if they are not walking right with God, in and from their heart's, God will not honor them.

Wrong show me scripture please?

He may honor the receiving person's faith,

Faith is always honoured. even for a man in sin or out of sin. There is no scripture that comes agaisnt this.

but he will not honor the intersession of the unrighteous person's prayer on their behalf.
Scripture telling us this??? Its not there dont waste your breath. You think God will hold a mans healing back because of the sin in another mans life. Not a chance.

Even Jesus had guildlines which hindered him from being able to work miracles.
The only thing that hinderd Jesus getting anyone healed was that they never came to Him.
Give the scriptures you think hinderd Jesus because of sin?

I think we should work on having people focus on the overall lordship of Christ in their lives, instead of one doctrine.
And how is that working for you so far. How many people have you lead to salvation through telling them that? The church has tried that a very long time and failed big time.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I think you will find anyone can lay hands on the sick and they will recover. Thats what Jesus said.
Yes, anyone can, but in the 60 years I've been around I've never witnessed a successful laying on of hands. I've seen people healed but it had nothing to do with the laying on of hands.