What is our commision?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jul 6, 2011
Pro-Jesus Anti Paul? oxymoron. Jesus didnt write any of the New Testament, Paul wrote a number of epistles some even before the gospels were written. One of the gospel writers Luke, endorses Paul, as does Peter.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No lets not kid our selves I asked you a few questions you never adressed many if any. I understand. But as long as you know. I will now not be having any one way discussions with you again. You sir were well and truly exposed at teaching gasle docrines. Remober it was you who walked away and had no rely in public. So dont be trying to come in to any other dicsusions of mine. and expect to walk away in that manner again. If you get involved you will have to make it a two way debate like adults do. You cant cheery pick like childern the next time. so as long as you know.
All of the aforementioned verses say nothing about pitching the law over a cliff and forgetting its exsitence. No, you are not under the law, in that you have been saved from the
1. Punishment of the Law. We are no longer condemned by the Law, but as Christians, should strive to keep all the Law, save ones that portrayed Chrisf
2 . Hatred of the Law. We should now want to keep ALL of Jesus commands. Tell me; Is Jesus God? If so, was He not as well present at the giving of the 10 commandments, as well as all other OT Laws? So when He says keep my commandments, does He not mean ALL of them?
Not, we are nlt condemnded or saved by keeping the Law. Never have been, never will be. It has always been by grace. However, when someone rescues your SOUL, you tend to have a reaction of thanksgiving. To show thanks to Christ as King of Kings and LORD OF LORDS. Do we even stop and think today 'hmmmm.... what is a Lord?' A RULER! Does Jesus rule your life? Can people tell by the way you live? They should if your a Christian. This is where keeping the Law comes in. To let our light so shine before men, that they see our good works, and glorify our Father who is in Heaven.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually sword, the New Covenant/Contract starts once Jesus is baptized by John. Just as Moses spoke the words of the Old Covenant and then sacrificed blood to seal that covenant, so also Christ spoke the terms of the New Covenant and sacrificed himself: sealing the New one.

And herein lies the problem: most people think the gospel is about the death, burial, and resurrection, of Christ, but Christ taught the gospel as soon as he came out of the wilderness and it has nothing to do with believing in his death burial and resurrection, any more than the old covenant has to do with believing in the sacrifice of the animals which sealed that covenant. The covenant/contract is in the words both Moses and Jesus spoke, not in the sacrifices they made; the sacrifices were the equivalent of sealing a contract today with a signature: it establishes it as law.
If you want to put it that It started at the begining in Genesis

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All of the aforementioned verses say nothing about pitching the law over a cliff and forgetting its exsitence. No, you are not under the law, in that you have been saved from the law.
1. Punishment of the Law. We are no longer condemned by the Law, but as Christians, should strive to keep all the Law, save ones that portrayed Chrisf

And where is your Christian scripture for this?

2 . Hatred of the Law. We should now want to keep ALL of Jesus commands.
Tell me; Is Jesus God? If so, was He not as well present at the giving of the 10 commandments, as well as all other OT Laws? So when He says keep my commandments, does He not mean ALL of them?

No He gave you two that cover the law. He gave you others that a lot of people refuse to believe or follow Christians I mean.

, we are nlt condemnded or saved by keeping the Law. Never have been, never will be. It has always been by grace. However, when someone rescues your SOUL, you tend to have a reaction of thanksgiving. To show thanks to Christ as King of Kings and LORD OF LORDS. Do we even stop and think today 'hmmmm.... what is a Lord?' A RULER! Does Jesus rule your life? Can people tell by the way you live? They should if your a Christian. This is where keeping the Law comes in. To let our light so shine before men, that they see our good works, and glorify our Father who is in Heaven.

Thats not the law you are trying for what ever reason I have no idea to make it fit. You go under the law that bring death if you like. I will not ever be going trying or even talking about going under the law.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Well they did teach us and they wrote it all down for us. They wrote WHat Jesus done and said. So they did just fine. How about you? What are you doing with what the bible told you to do? Keep in mine you have need of no man Holy Ghost will teach you all things. So th espostle are now not responcible we are.

our whole congregation are active preachers and teachers. And I also engage in the preaching and teaching work on a weekly basis. A group of us are also learning Hindi because we have a lot of Indian immigrants in our area. Besides that i teach my children to live and practice Christianity in their daily life. And yes, i believe that it is the holy spirit which gives us the drive to do the work and live according to Bible principles. Of course, we must all be students before we can be teachers and that is where having others to help is important and especially good men who are good examples of christian conduct to lead us.

Reactions: Sword

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Jesus didn't command them to teach the nations what he taught them. He said to teach them what I have commanded you [to teach them].

Sure, they were going to tell what happened. But they weren't going out to make more apostles. They were teaching sheep to be sheep, not shepherds. There were exceptions like Timothy, of course, but not everyone was being trained to be a bishop.

Again, I refer you to 1 Co 12 as well as Eph 4.

In the early days of christianity, they were all preachers. The disciple Stephen for example was executed for preaching. Now he wasn't an apostle, so I think we have examples of disciples who were actively preaching like the apostles.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
our whole congregation are active preachers and teachers. And I also engage in the preaching and teaching work on a weekly basis. A group of us are also learning Hindi because we have a lot of Indian immigrants in our area. Besides that i teach my children to live and practice Christianity in their daily life. And yes, i believe that it is the holy spirit which gives us the drive to do the work and live according to Bible principles. Of course, we must all be students before we can be teachers and that is where having others to help is important and especially good men who are good examples of christian conduct to lead us.
Thats great and we should all be streched lead and decipled. James says if you are sick call the elders. That is not old people its mature men who walk in the ability to lay hands on the sick and see them healed. Age does not matter. walking in faith is key. But we have so many every where we go. trying to teach and have never been taught the truth. 40,000 denominations they are not all correct. But they all think they are. You see it even in a little forum like this. All the in house fighting. No wonder the world is confused. What chance have they got, looking at us.
The corinthiains. The had all the gifts working better than anyone. But they were not fit for meat. We think knowledge and time qualifies us as mature.
Not a chance walking in faith and walking with signs following is the sign of maturity. Worshiping in spirit and truth. Walking in that means dying to self. and the arguing in here like children is not walking in truth. That is walking in flesh. I wonder at what Christians are thinking when the put a brother down fro his spelling. or even when brother gets it wrong. they just shot him. There is very very little love in Christians as a whole. Because they will not lie down and die to self in the secret place. If you did a survey in here and could get the truth . I dont think you would get a full 100% truth here or any where from Christians anyway. I believe that less than 90% actully spend more than 10 minutes waiting for God in the secret place.

Reactions: brionne

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In the early days of christianity, they were all preachers. The disciple Stephen for example was executed for preaching. Now he wasn't an apostle, so I think we have examples of disciples who were actively preaching like the apostles.
Yes the were what we are told to go and make. They were deciples, and there comes a point where you get it and start to walk in it. Theyu never taughyt what we are being taught in tradictional churches today. They were doing what jesus was doing. You here so many Christians saying I follow Jesus. Really so your laying hands on the sick daily? No they are not . They are following Jesus in a way the church taught them. Be nice be courtious yada yada

Reactions: brionne

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Thats great and we should all be streched lead and decipled. James says if you are sick call the elders. That is not old people its mature men who walk in the ability to lay hands on the sick and see them healed. Age does not matter. walking in faith is key. But we have so many every where we go. trying to teach and have never been taught the truth. 40,000 denominations they are not all correct. But they all think they are. You see it even in a little forum like this. All the in house fighting. No wonder the world is confused. What chance have they got, looking at us.
The corinthiains. The had all the gifts working better than anyone. But they were not fit for meat. We think knowledge and time qualifies us as mature.
Not a chance walking in faith and walking with signs following is the sign of maturity. Worshiping in spirit and truth. Walking in that means dying to self. and the arguing in here like children is not walking in truth. That is walking in flesh. I wonder at what Christians are thinking when the put a brother down fro his spelling. or even when brother gets it wrong. they just shot him. There is very very little love in Christians as a whole. Because they will not lie down and die to self in the secret place. If you did a survey in here and could get the truth . I dont think you would get a full 100% truth here or any where from Christians anyway. I believe that less than 90% actully spend more than 10 minutes waiting for God in the secret place.

Christianity is very divided. We know that. And a logical person such as yourself knows that they can't all be approved by God.

So instead of focusing on what we cannot change, we should focus and what we can change and that is ourselves. Our creator has given us his word the bible to examine and use it to work on ourselves so that we can be the sort of people who he can bless and save when the day of his wrath comes.

If the bible forms the basis of your belief and practices, then God will bless you.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Yes the were what we are told to go and make. They were deciples, and there comes a point where you get it and start to walk in it. Theyu never taughyt what we are being taught in tradictional churches today. They were doing what jesus was doing. You here so many Christians saying I follow Jesus. Really so your laying hands on the sick daily? No they are not . They are following Jesus in a way the church taught them. Be nice be courtious yada yada

I heard a really good illustration that drives this point home.

The illustration goes like this: Imagine you were inviting a special guest for dinner, and he told you before hand the type of food he really likes. But when you make the meal, you cook foods that he does not like. Will he eat the food you put before him? Maybe not.
And you went to so much effort to make all this food, but he didn't like it and most of it he did not eat.

That is what christianity will experience when God brings judgement on all their works. He will say to some, "thats nice that you put all your efforts into this or that, but what I asked you to do was something else"

Reactions: Sword

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christianity is very divided. We know that. And a logical person such as yourself knows that they can't all be approved by God.

So instead of focusing on what we cannot change, we should focus and what we can change and that is ourselves. Our creator has given us his word the bible to examine and use it to work on ourselves so that we can be the sort of people who he can bless and save when the day of his wrath comes.

If the bible forms the basis of your belief and practices, then God will bless you.
As I dont focus on to much of anything really I just deal with whats in front of me as I go.
Well I took a walk down the street last night. I got the chance to pray for five people for healing and for works of satan to be broken. Thats the most in one go I had. So its growing. and as my confidance rises by seeing the sihns following me. It becomes easier. I am growing into Him and ther e will be bigger challanges to come. As I dont focus on to much of anything really I just deal with whats in front of me as I go.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I heard a really good illustration that drives this point home.

The illustration goes like this: Imagine you were inviting a special guest for dinner, and he told you before hand the type of food he really likes. But when you make the meal, you cook foods that he does not like. Will he eat the food you put before him? Maybe not.
And you went to so much effort to make all this food, but he didn't like it and most of it he did not eat.

That is what christianity will experience when God brings judgement on all their works. He will say to some, "thats nice that you put all your efforts into this or that, but what I asked you to do was something else"
But keeping in mind there is no condemnation in Christ. What it will boil down to is oppertunitys missed and tears to follow which He will wipe away.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
But keeping in mind there is no condemnation in Christ. What it will boil down to is oppertunitys missed and tears to follow which He will wipe away.

.Im not sure about that.

The separating of the sheep and the goats will occur. And the goats go off into destruction. So I don't believe all are saved. We must be the sort of person who will be saved. We are not all automatically saved just because Jesus gave his life. Not all will avail themselves of the value of Christs blood.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
.Im not sure about that.

The separating of the sheep and the goats will occur. And the goats go off into destruction. So I don't believe all are saved. We must be the sort of person who will be saved. We are not all automatically saved just because Jesus gave his life. Not all will avail themselves of the value of Christs blood.
I never said all will be saved there is a heavean and a hell and a price to pay for our actions. No condemnation in Christ towards them that are hidden in Christ.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Paul wrote- Be you Examples of Me as I am of Messiah, the Savior taught His Disciples,and they were to teach others the same. A unbroken chain from Yeshua to this present day. the Great Commission is as he told the rich young ruler that had much, sell all that you have give to the poor and take up your execution stake and follow ME. They hated me and they will hate you for My Sake. Many are Called but Few are Chosen.