What is penance?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to God.
How do you know?
Because the Holy Spirit, and not Mary, causes you to be born again.
He also did the same for Mary.

baptism is the cos of born again

Mary is our spiritual mother cos Christ made her such in Jn 19
And rev 12:17

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, find it here.

And notice, there are no sacraments required...unless you can be born again by sacraments.
And that can't happen unless sacraments died on the Cross for you.
Maybe you think they did...@theefaith

1.) "Christ in you, the Hope of Glory"

2.) "One with God" "In Christ"

3.) "A new Creation in Christ"

we receive Christ in his church in his sacraments

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure there can be as I don't even know what the sacraments you speak of are. But I do have a relationship with Jesus. Which is more important that religion.

baptism
Confession
Holy communion
Confirmation
Marriage
Holy orders (priesthood)
Extreme unction (anointing)

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
baptism is the cos of born again

Mary is our spiritual mother cos Christ made her such in Jn 19
And rev 12:17

My Bible clearly says "Now standing beside Jesus’ cross were his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. So when Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing there, he said to his mother, “Woman, look, here is your son!He then said to his disciple, “Look, here is your mother!” From that very time the disciple took her into his own home." John 19:25-27He spoke first to His mother Mary (an individual) and then to John (also an individual).

It is poor exegesis by claiming that Mary is our spiritual mother. That is not what Scripture clearly says.

Sola scriptura.

Reactions: Pearl

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Bible clearly says "Now standing beside Jesus’ cross were his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. So when Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing there, he said to his mother, “Woman, look, here is your son!He then said to his disciple, “Look, here is your mother!” From that very time the disciple took her into his own home." John 19:25-27He spoke first to His mother Mary (an individual) and then to John (also an individual).

It is poor exegesis by claiming that Mary is our spiritual mother. That is not what Scripture clearly says.

Sola scriptura.

the key word is disciple

Jesus did not John (personal name) or it would only apply to John, but he said to the disciple, so it applies to all disciples!

Mary is our spiritual mother

Mary is the Mother of the living in Christ and the new creation!

Genesis 3:20
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not just asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so. There is no requirement to maker her his mother just to take care of her!

Jesus is in the very least making Mary John’s spiritual mother! And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!
What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He proved Mary the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.