What Is Salvation In The Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6-15-23

The Day of Judgment Loving your neighbor is the REAL “SALVATION ISSUE.” Those who know THE LAWS OF GOD, of course, should obey ALL of them – all that God has revealed to them. To fail to do so would be SIN and REBELLION against God! Those who know God’s commandments, and still disobey, and fail to keep them will be judged accordingly! As Christ said, “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the Kingdom of heaven, but he who does the WILL of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not PROPHESIED [PREACHED] in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will 17 declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice LAWLESSNESS’” (Matt.7:21- 23). So in the end, a “salvation issue” would be continual and deliberate DISOBEDIENCE to God, or presumptuous REJECTION of truth, knowingly. It is the sin of being confronted with the truth, understanding it, and then deliberately rejecting it and refusing to repent and change and accept God’s jurisdiction and authority over your life.

It is also known as the “unpardonable sin” (write for our article on this subject). This is not something to take lightly, but nor is it something in which we should attempt to judge others. Only God knows the hearts and minds and inner motives and thoughts of people (Heb.4:12). But as the apostle Paul wrote: “For it is impossible for those who were once ENLIGHTENED, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good Word of God and the powers of the age to come, IF THEY FALL AWAY, to renew them to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame . . . whose end is to be burned” (Heb.6:4-8).

Paul also wrote, “For if we sin WILFULLY after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Anyone who has rejected Moses law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?” (Heb.10:26-29). The Bottom Line For all of those being called of God now, who understand His Word, who have been given the knowledge of God, the requirements of salvation are clear. As Peter put it, “REPENT, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:38). “REPENT therefore and BE CONVERTED, that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 3:19).

The keys to eternal life, therefore, are to believe on Christ as the Messiah, and to follow His steps in all ways (I Pet.2:21) – to obey His every Word (I John 2:3-6). To strive to live by and obey “every word of God” (Matt.4:4; Luke 4:4). But the “bottom line” for ALL people, even those who are not called now, is to LOVE your neighbor – for if you don’t do this, then all the rest is nothing but vanity and hypocrisy – empty air and foolishness! You can keep ALL the commandments – the weekly Sabbath, the annual Holy Days, avoid unclean meats, abjure Christmas, Easter, Halloween, and all the other PAGAN holidays; you can wear 18 fringes on your garments (Num.15:37-41; Deut.22:12), you even give your life as a martyr, but unless you have LOVE for your neighbor, it would ALL BE IN VAIN – just a VAIN SHOW – NOTHING BUT VANITY! In truth, Yeshua summed it ALL up when He said, “Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for THIS IS the Law and the Prophets” (Matt.7:12). All the rest, you might say, is “commentary.

Love, Walter and Debbie

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Salvation is the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

This is defined as the "blood atonement" as explained as the "new Covenant".

A.) "without the shedding of Blood there is no forgiveness of sin".

The Cross is where Jesus shed His BLOOD and DIED for us, .... and the resurrection proves its accomplished as HIS Salvation, as He is THE Savior.

God will give you what Jesus finished on the Cross, which is HIS Sacrifice for OUR sin, if we give God our FAITH in Christ.

"Faith is counted as righteousness".. The Means that God accepts our faith to the give to us, as "The Gift of Salvation" , the very Righteousness of Christ, as if YOU DID IT.

"all have sinned" and we go to the Cross, by Faith, receiving Christ as our Savior, and Christ becomes our "One time eternal sacrifice for sin", and we become born again as " The righteousness of God, IN Christ'. "made Righteous".. "One with God"... "having eternal life".

This is.. "The GIFT of Righteousness". and in that Gift is our Eternal life found.

For God to have done this for us, ... means we have become BORN AGAIN, as that is the PROOF you have been given :

= "The Gift of Salvation".

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Salvation is the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.

This is defined as the "blood atonement" as explained as the "new Covenant".

A.) "without the shedding of Blood there is no forgiveness of sin".

The Cross is where Jesus shed His BLOOD and DIED for us, .... and the resurrection proves its accomplished as HIS Salvation, as He is THE Savior.

God will give you what Jesus finished on the Cross, which is HIS Sacrifice for OUR sin, if we give God our FAITH in Christ.

"Faith is counted as righteousness".. The Means that God accepts our faith to the give to us, as "The Gift of Salvation" , the very Righteousness of Christ, as if YOU DID IT.

"all have sinned" and we go to the Cross, by Faith, receiving Christ as our Savior, and Christ becomes our "One time eternal sacrifice for sin", and we become born again as " The righteousness of God, IN Christ'. "made Righteous".. "One with God"... "having eternal life".

This is.. "The GIFT of Righteousness". and in that Gift is our Eternal life found.

For God to have done this for us, ... means we have become BORN AGAIN, as that is the PROOF you have been given :

= "The Gift of Salvation".
Hello Behold, Amen, The First-fruits of the Harvest Those who are called of God now are the FIRST-FRUITS of the Kingdom of God. Those of us who receive God's Spirit during this present age are the “first-fruits” of God. They are typified by the “wave sheaf offering” of the “first-fruits” of the spring harvest in ancient Israel. God declared to ancient Israel, “When you come into the land which I give to you, and reap its harvest, then you shall bring a SHEAF OF THE FIRST-FRUITS of your harvest to the priest. He shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted on your behalf” (Lev..23:10-11).

This “sheaf” is composed of MANY grains of barley. It represents the CHURCH, which is God’s first-fruits of salvation. As the apostle James wrote, “He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of FIRST-FRUITS of all he created” (James 1:18). Also, the apostle Paul wrote of true Christians, “but ourselves also, which have the FIRST-FRUITS of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves” (Rom.8:23). Those of us in God’s spiritual Church, from the apostles till now, including the patriarchs and prophets of the Old Testament, are God’s “first-fruits.” All who have a part in the first resurrection when Christ returns, are “first-fruits.” We are compared in the Scriptures to the “wave sheaf offering” of the barley harvest in the spring.

Its acceptance by God guaranteed the future acceptance of the WHOLE FUTURE HARVEST! Its acceptance is the KEY to the acceptance of the REST of the harvest! True followers of Messiah are likened to the wave sheaf or “omer” which was offered every day at the Temple between Passover and Pentecost. Each day about 5.1 pints of barley grain was offered in the Temple, with three fourths of a pint of olive oil, and a handful of frankincense (Edersheim, The Temple: Its Ministry and Services, page 205).

Our salvation paves the way for the salvation of the rest of mankind, in the future! Those of us who receive God’s Spirit during this present age are the "first-fruits" of God. The rest of the salvation of all mankind depends on US! As Paul declared, “For if the first-fruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches” (Rom.11:16). This truth was foreshadowed by the wave sheaf offering of the first-fruits of barley.

Love, Walter

Reactions: Cassandra

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hello Behold, Amen, The First-fruits of the Harvest Those who are called of God now are the FIRST-FRUITS of the Kingdom of God. Those of us who receive God's Spirit during this present age are the “first-fruits” of God. They are typified by the “wave sheaf offering” of the “first-fruits” of the spring harvest in ancient Israel. God declared to ancient Israel, “When you come into the land which I give to you, and reap its harvest, then you shall bring a SHEAF OF THE FIRST-FRUITS of your harvest to the priest. He shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted on your behalf” (Lev..23:10-11).

This “sheaf” is composed of MANY grains of barley. It represents the CHURCH, which is God’s first-fruits of salvation. As the apostle James wrote, “He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of FIRST-FRUITS of all he created” (James 1:18). Also, the apostle Paul wrote of true Christians, “but ourselves also, which have the FIRST-FRUITS of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves” (Rom.8:23). Those of us in God’s spiritual Church, from the apostles till now, including the patriarchs and prophets of the Old Testament, are God’s “first-fruits.” All who have a part in the first resurrection when Christ returns, are “first-fruits.” We are compared in the Scriptures to the “wave sheaf offering” of the barley harvest in the spring.

Its acceptance by God guaranteed the future acceptance of the WHOLE FUTURE HARVEST! Its acceptance is the KEY to the acceptance of the REST of the harvest! True followers of Messiah are likened to the wave sheaf or “omer” which was offered every day at the Temple between Passover and Pentecost. Each day about 5.1 pints of barley grain was offered in the Temple, with three fourths of a pint of olive oil, and a handful of frankincense (Edersheim, The Temple: Its Ministry and Services, page 205).

Our salvation paves the way for the salvation of the rest of mankind, in the future! Those of us who receive God’s Spirit during this present age are the "first-fruits" of God. The rest of the salvation of all mankind depends on US! As Paul declared, “For if the first-fruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches” (Rom.11:16). This truth was foreshadowed by the wave sheaf offering of the first-fruits of barley.

Love, Walter

Hey Walter,

We are many parts of the Divine One.
Not all are the "eye" or the "foot" but all are of "The body of Christ".

Jesus IS the Light of the world, and we the born again are Children of the Light, who offer this Light into a world of darkness so that by seeing this Light, many find their way out of their darkness, and into the Glorious Light who is Himself The Truth and The Way and The Life.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Walter,

Jesus IS the Light of the world, and we the born again are Children of the Light, who offer this Light into a world of darkness so that by seeing this Light, many find their way out of their darkness, and into the Glorious Light who is Himself The Truth and The Way and The Life.
Amen Brother.

Love, Walter

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
6-15-23

The Day of Judgment Loving your neighbor is the REAL “SALVATION ISSUE.” Those who know THE LAWS OF GOD, of course, should obey ALL of them – all that God has revealed to them. To fail to do so would be SIN and REBELLION against God! Those who know God’s commandments, and still disobey, and fail to keep them will be judged accordingly! As Christ said, “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the Kingdom of heaven, but he who does the WILL of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not PROPHESIED [PREACHED] in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will 17 declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice LAWLESSNESS’” (Matt.7:21- 23). So in the end, a “salvation issue” would be continual and deliberate DISOBEDIENCE to God, or presumptuous REJECTION of truth, knowingly. It is the sin of being confronted with the truth, understanding it, and then deliberately rejecting it and refusing to repent and change and accept God’s jurisdiction and authority over your life.

It is also known as the “unpardonable sin” (write for our article on this subject). This is not something to take lightly, but nor is it something in which we should attempt to judge others. Only God knows the hearts and minds and inner motives and thoughts of people (Heb.4:12). But as the apostle Paul wrote: “For it is impossible for those who were once ENLIGHTENED, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good Word of God and the powers of the age to come, IF THEY FALL AWAY, to renew them to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame . . . whose end is to be burned” (Heb.6:4-8).

Paul also wrote, “For if we sin WILFULLY after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Anyone who has rejected Moses law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?” (Heb.10:26-29). The Bottom Line For all of those being called of God now, who understand His Word, who have been given the knowledge of God, the requirements of salvation are clear. As Peter put it, “REPENT, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:38). “REPENT therefore and BE CONVERTED, that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 3:19).

The keys to eternal life, therefore, are to believe on Christ as the Messiah, and to follow His steps in all ways (I Pet.2:21) – to obey His every Word (I John 2:3-6). To strive to live by and obey “every word of God” (Matt.4:4; Luke 4:4). But the “bottom line” for ALL people, even those who are not called now, is to LOVE your neighbor – for if you don’t do this, then all the rest is nothing but vanity and hypocrisy – empty air and foolishness! You can keep ALL the commandments – the weekly Sabbath, the annual Holy Days, avoid unclean meats, abjure Christmas, Easter, Halloween, and all the other PAGAN holidays; you can wear 18 fringes on your garments (Num.15:37-41; Deut.22:12), you even give your life as a martyr, but unless you have LOVE for your neighbor, it would ALL BE IN VAIN – just a VAIN SHOW – NOTHING BUT VANITY! In truth, Yeshua summed it ALL up when He said, “Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for THIS IS the Law and the Prophets” (Matt.7:12). All the rest, you might say, is “commentary.

Love, Walter and Debbie
"The keys to eternal life" - I wonder how many desire eternal life, or live in guilt and perpetual fear, or live in presumption, or love Jesus.
At a distance if you look at a close relationship you will see the interactions and behaviour that is going on.
"Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." John 17:3

I interacted with believers who felt just to have faith in Jesus at some point in ones life gives you an eternal spirit that will go to heaven. They think their flesh will perish but this spirit, new birth, lives forever, no matter how they later believe or walk.

It struck me heaven is this loving relationship with Jesus, which starts when we meet Him, through hearing the word, repenting and getting a soft heart. This relationship starts at that point and continues forever, which is the eternal part. So walking away from Jesus and His way of living is walking away from heaven. The laws and commandments are tied up in loving others, which we can do through our changed lives and the Holy Spirit working through us.

My son wanted to know Jesus talking to Him. But it struck me, we have scripture, and if a voice came speaking the words of scripture, that would not change the words, just our lack of faith to hear them as we read them, until we got the voice. Yes God is speaking in scripture, and through prophets, which encourages us, but does not add to their significance. Some desire miracles and wonders as a witness to Jesus while keeping their hearts closed and hard. The sermon on the mount condemns such people because they presume to understand Jesus and confirm their authority through power not listening to the need to change their hearts and walk with Him.

It was an experience to interact with a church elder who recognised her heart was evil and contaminated yet argued they could close their heart to Jesus. How they could read the bible and hold this position I do not know, but I had a chance to witness and I hope that in the end I made some ground.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Walter,

Amen!..Brother..and Praise Jesus.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
They think their flesh will perish but this spirit, new birth, lives forever, no matter how they later believe or walk.

Our Salvation is not based on how we behave.
Its based on What Jesus has accomplished on the Cross and through the resurrection.

SALVATION is Christ doing that, not us doing works.

Reactions: Ritajanice

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its based on What Jesus has accomplished on the Cross and through the resurrection.

Our salvation is our walk with Jesus. We are cleansed and purified so that we can know Him and have His love flowing through our lives to others.

Jesus demonstrated through the cross He is worthy to be trusted and believed in and accepted. If you can see that in one sense Jesus dying to pay a price as something distant from us in a heavenly court does not make sense. Unless it is actually about us becoming children of God, people who walk and speak His words, we have missed the Kingdom.

Jesus does not hold us guilty of sin if we accept Him and His sacrifice because through this we begin to see what love actually is one to one. It is love saying forget the mess, trust in me and follow me and the light will dawn, the night will go away and you will be free.

Theology is often the mechanics of the words but not really their content. I know this is true because I have spoken to hard hearted believers who have read the same words as me, but do not know the reality of freedom and loving others. When Jesus says we are to love our enemies that is such a strange idea for sinners, who see only getting one up on others or revenge or self justification. Until we see our enemies are often a reflection of who we are, the worst things we hate about ourselves, hating our enemies is often our own condemnation.

I have preached love as being the fulfilment of the law, which Paul declares yet believers have called me evil and preaching satans gospel.
One believer who had experienced Gods love and acceptance of him, said I was worse than a murderer because he felt condemned by the law, rather King David encourages us to meditate night and day on the wisdom of the law and its need.

Peter says the law condemns the lawless and sinners and was written for them. So if we feel condemned by the law, we ourselves have failed to grasp love and its liberation. And the answer is repentance and seeing the healing of the blood of Christ.

Now these words will mean nothing unless ones heart is open and love has taken root. It was why my opponents felt they should sin against me to show I am just a hypocrite and love could never have freed my life. Ironically their behaviour confirmed they neither knew love or Jesus, because sinning never witnesses to Gods freedom, but rather the opposite, and such as these should be expelled from the congregation of believers.

One believer declared either grace leaves a sinner as a sinner but just covers the sin so God only sees Jesus or Jesus cleanses, purifies and changes His people so that they become the praise to His work and glory. I will always go with the work of purification, though along the way there are challenges and learning about who and what we are and how we can deal with our issues through grace and openness..

God bless you

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Our salvation is not just a new heavenly bodies when we meet Jesus, but is our walk today.
No one earns salvation, but salvation or what it is to be saved is to walk with Jesus.

Sin hardens our hearts and makes us blind to others. A blind person does not know what they are missing or even that they are blind.
Fruit of repentance is a reality, and if not present then meeting Jesus has not happened.

Jesus emphasises His words, because they imply what the Kingdom is and how it works. Feeling guilt and changing ones behaviour because of love is part of the process.

It is strange to me that a faith has grown where change is no longer associated with believers, which declares sin is more powerful than the gospel of Jesus. In truth the internal conflict is our hardest walk, and insight into our own self deception is the true revelation of God at work in us to help free us from the prison of despair and cynicism.

God bless you

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Our salvation is not just a new heavenly bodies

The new body , being given to us is not our salvation.
Its a eternal fruit, that a result of being born again.
Only the born again get the new body.

Salvation is Jesus dying on the Cross for your sin.

Accept no substitute., as there isn't one.

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The new body , being given to us is not our salvation.
Its a eternal fruit, that a result of being born again.
Only the born again get the new body.

Salvation is Jesus dying on the Cross for your sin.

Accept no substitute., as there isn't one.
"Salvation is Jesus dying on the Cross for your sin."

If salvation was Jesus dying on the cross for our sin then everyone is saved which is universalism.
And hyper grace holds sin is no longer the issue it is faith in Jesus or disbelief.

Strangely if one believed, then saved eternal, then anything after is irrelevant.
But for me to believe in Jesus and then believe in walking with Jesus, in this theology means I am equally saved, just I want to walk with Jesus as well. What makes this short circuit is my walking with Jesus denies my belief in Him so I am not saved.

If one holds certain beliefs invalidate salvation while others validate it, how can you tell the difference between the two?
What comes across to me is a rejection of a loving walk of faith. If Jesus was here talking to us, He would be rejected by these folk.
Paul called us to aim at being perfect, and to be like Jesus. This only makes sense if this is the life of a disciple.

The confusion is one is earning eternal life, rather than this being eternal life, to know and walk with Jesus.
The enemy lies all the time, he is the father of lies. His aim is to deny the Lords people their inheritance and to deny the power of the Holy Spirit living in a believers heart.

"Be Holy for God is Holy" only works if we can be purified, cleansed and changed. With the prophets the straight path is the walk of God, with the expectation that Gods people walk the straight path. The mistake is to call this earning the relationship rather than this being the relationship. To be one with Jesus is to be like Him, literally. As sinners and not redeemed purified people of God, of course this is too big a gap, but this emphasises where people are as sinners rather than part of the redeemed.

God bless you

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"Salvation is Jesus dying on the Cross for your sin."

If salvation was Jesus dying on the cross for our sin t

Universal Salvation is a cult theology.

Its a "doctrine of devils"... = Hebrews 13:9

Listen,

Salvation is Jesus on the Cross.

Jesus : is Salvation.

Jesus said "i am THE way to the Father and no person comes to the Father, but by ME" = THE Cross of Christ. John 14:6

So, that truth REBUKES the Gospel of : water, works, commandments, Calvinism, law, enduring to the end, and trying to be like Christ.

See, This Salvation that JESUS has completed on the Cross, 2000 yrs ago, has to be applied by God, to each individual person.

= One at at time.

How does that Happen?

You give God your faith in Christ, and God will give you "the Gift of Salvation"

"all that BELIEVE in the name of Jesus, shall be saved".
"as many as RECEIVED JESUS, by faith, God gives to them the POWER to become a Son/Daughter of God".

So, its TRUE that Jesus is Salvation, but its not true that everyone is saved. automatically or universally.

"FAITH in Christ" is what God requires to then SAVE You, based on the finished work of Jesus on the Cross, being applied to you BY God's Holy Spirit.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"eternal life, to know and walk with Jesus.

Eternal Life is Jesus Himself.

John teaches in 1 John 5 that "you/we can know we HAVE eternal Life"

A.) Christ in you, The hope of Glory.

To have Jesus in you..., who is Himself eternal life, is to "have eternal life".

Here is the specific way to understand this, WalkinLight.

Christian are in spiritual union with God and Christ who are both Eternal.

= 'in Christ"
= "one with God"
= "having eternal life".

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Eternal Life is Jesus Himself.

John teaches in 1 John 5 that "you/we can know we HAVE eternal Life"

A.) Christ in you, The hope of Glory.

To have Jesus in you..., who is Himself eternal life, is to "have eternal life".

Here is the specific way to understand this, WalkinLight.

Christian are in spiritual union with God and Christ who are both Eternal.

= 'in Christ"
= "one with God"
= "having eternal life".
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him. John 3:36

"You do not know me or my Father," Jesus replied. "If you knew me, you would know my Father also." John 8:20

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. John 10:27-28

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. John 17:3

The above verses demonstrate Jesus gives eternal life to His sheep.

John teaches confirmation of our relationship with God and our eternal life.

This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,
for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
1 John 5:2-4

John shows our knowledge of Gods commandments our obedience to them show we are born of God and have overcome the world

This statement
"Eternal Life is Jesus Himself."

Jesus gives eternal life, which is biblical. Jesus declares eternal life is to know God and Jesus Christ.
My heart grows and develops on the word of God so please show me where it says Jesus is eternal life himself.

"To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Col 1:27

Paul testifies Christs work in the believers in testimony to Gods work, which is the hope of salvation.
It is impossible for me to read these verses and not conclude the work of the Holy Spirit is to transform us into the likeness of Christ

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." Rom 12:2

We are called to be transformed by the renewing of our minds as we walk with Jesus.

"We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ." Col 1:28

It is always possible to reinterpret the words to fit different theologies, as I have seen many times, but clearly Paul is saying our walk is a walk of learning, choice, growth and change. God bless you

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If Jesus has died for your sin, then its true that sin is no longer the issue.

The issue for most is understanding that eternal reality.
I realise this is a statement of faith, which traditionally not been part of conservative Christian belief.
To me it is clear the letters of Paul describe the struggles of believers with sin, some falling away while others repenting and resolving their sinful behaviour.

A simple example is the church in Corinth

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife.
1 Cor 5:1

Paul rebukes the church and they repent.

If sin was not an important issue in our walk with Jesus Paul would not have pointed this out and called for repentance.

For these reasons, and knowing the darkness and destruction of sinful behaviour I know this is the enemy of the Kingdom and something Jesus opposes. If anyone wants to live a loving relationship with another person, sinful and hurtful behaviour has to be resolved.

It is strange to me to suggest to know love and behave hurtfully are compatible and has anything to do with freedom but rather is to do with slavery to sin and death.

The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.
So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
Gal 5:14-16

I live in a loving family where we resolve our differences and say sorry. Walking with Jesus is no different, yet if we ignore this, we destroy the very relationship we should be holding most dear.

God bless you