What is so wrong with Calvinism ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PinSeeker: If everyone's sin is taken away, then everyone has to be saved, and a choice of any kind is not even necessary.
That is definitely NOT what the Bible says at all.
I agree. Thanks for agreeing with me.

While the sins of all human beings were paid for at the cross in full...
They were not. The Bible says no such thing. If they were, just as I said, God would be obligated to glorify everyone, which is universalism, which is a heresy.

...only those who obey the Gospel will benefit from that finished work of Christ.
Well, I agree, although it is not the obedience itself that gets us there.

All those who reject Christ or reject the Gospel will face God's wrath.
Agreed. They will be the ones whose sin Jesus's atonement, while it was certainly sufficient for, was not effectual for; their rejection of the Gospel will only prove that.

Here are the words of Christ (John 3:36): He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Right. See immediately above.

Grace and peace to you, Enoch.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is so wrong with Calvinism ?

Well it believes God already knows who's saved since before the creation of the world.
I don't buy that myself because our life on earth is a test or assault course to find out if we really can save ourselves, nothing is pre-ordained..:)-
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)
"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7)
"..in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize. Run in such a way as to get the prize" (1 Corinthians 9:24)

chariotsA.jpg

Reactions: ChristisGod

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BruiserMiller

Jun 9, 2022
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided!

GRACE And Peace...
Thank you! I've been looking for people who want to have good discussions. It doesn't seem to be very active here...

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

BruiserMiller

Jun 9, 2022
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
his screenname is reformed1689. Hard to get more calvinist than that. :cool::D

in case you hadnt noticed, not many of us calvinists on here.
I knew he's a Calvinist, I was told beforehand. I just wanted to get his attention...

How are you doing Mr Calvinist?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can see for yourself how "world" is used in the Bible, so it's up to you what you believe.

You apparently think it doesn't mean the world actually, and instead means Christians, I guess. That's why I posted the passage I did, so deal with it.

Let's put your thinking to the test, if "world" refers only to Christians:

1 John 2:15-17 KJV
15) Love not the Christians, neither the things that are in the Christians. If any man love the Christians, the love of the Father is not in him.
16) For all that is in the Christians, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the Christians.
17) And the Christians passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

* * * * * This is NOT the correct text * * * * *

The world is . . . the world, this age, this kosmos.

Much love!
Did I say world only means Christians? No. Absolutely did not.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your verse is explained by this verse. John 3:36

See those unbelievers in the verse?
Those are the "VESSELS" fitted for destruction.
They were never born again, so, they died as a CHRIST REJECTOR< of their own free will.
God knew they would, before they were born, as His Foreknowledge knows who will believe and who wont, and he has a JUDGEMENT waiting , "prepared" for these Christ Rejecting "VESSELS", even before they are born.
HELL and the Lake of Fire was o created for the DEVIL and His group that were all cast out of Heaven, and that was before God created ADAM the 1st.

Here is what is waiting for all Christ Rejectors....never born again....the "vessels fitted for destruction"..

1.) Hell
2.) Great White Throne Judgment
3.) The Lake of Fire, which is the 2nd Death.
John 3:36 does not answer Romans 9. Romans 9 says they were CREATED as vessels of wrath PREPARED for destruction. They were never going to believe because they were not going to be changed to believe.