What is sound doctrine?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think that people who are in theological error know they are? Who can correct the teacher if the teacher mistakenly believes they are sound in their scriptural understanding?

The Holy Ghost!

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:4-5

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
The Holy Ghost!

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:4-5

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26
None of those verses you quoted are from you.

Glen55

Sep 4, 2015
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Depends on state people are in the same group, you say a lot from others that think like you, did you copy for learning how to talk, write, walk..................................thinking bad or good in a world of death in a mortal mind that's called sleep\dead. Where all on the same mind that judges and not, fear be scared or laugh at it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think that people who are in theological error know they are? Who can correct the teacher if the teacher mistakenly believes they are sound in their scriptural understanding?
The Holy Ghost!

I did not claim otherwise. Are not the verses in my response from the Holy Ghost the teacher of truth? It is the Holy Ghost who can correct someone who misunderstands or is otherwise in error in what he presents as being God's truth.

As a result not loving the the truth a person may well be led into a delusion, which means he does not know that he is error.

Reactions: Jay Ross

Looking4Me

Feb 5, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I did not claim otherwise. Are not the verses in my response from the Holy Ghost the teacher of truth? It is the Holy Ghost who can correct someone who misunderstands or is otherwise in error in what he presents as being God's truth.

As a result not loving the the truth a person may well be led into a delusion, which means he does not know that he is error.
Have you ever been able to get through to a Christian like that Amadeus?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever been able to get through to a Christian like that Amadeus?
And who am I and what have I done? Consider this:

"Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:5-7

Reactions: Helen

Glen55

Sep 4, 2015
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I get a certain brand of Christian's, they don't like truth that is waking them.