What is the gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sword said:
Wow what a fight fantastic guys. why is a simple question so hard to stay on topic? No wonder the church is a shambels. every one knows better than anyone else. Got bored after page one. horrible reading. no wonder no one wants anything to do with christ if you lot represent Him
LOL... You must be fairly new to Christian forums Sword? It is extremely naive to think that any forum is useful for reaching the lost.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Paul clearly saw the Synergy in the gospel and how it required full participants as he so rightfully put it in Romans 1:16 - 17;
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
StanJ said:
LOL... You must be fairly new to Christian forums Sword? It is extremely naive to think that any forum is useful for reaching the lost.
I never came here to reach the lost. Thats the easy part. Reaching christians who know it all are the difficult ones to reach.

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
FHII said:
As long as we are in the flesh, we are in that sinful nature. As "good" as you try to behave (and even if you succeed as far as you've tried) you are still a sinner.

Grace covers sins and with grace our sins aren't imputed to us. They are still there, but God isn't even looking at them.
Well, Ro 8:9 contradicts that. So here's how it works: In salvation, you have a part to play and God has a part that He has already played. He died for your sins. Your part is to deal with your sin-guilty conscience that won't let you into heaven and your sin nature that desires your will more than God's will.

So how do you deal with it? Being convicted of YOUR sin .. and knowing that the problem lies with YOU, not with God .. you repent to God contritely (Psa 34:18) desiring to be free of sin guilt and to be given the new, divine nature. And He will take away your sin guilt (it will amaze you because you will never hold onto a guilty conscience again, 1Jn 3:9) and He will give you His divine nature — the Holy Spirit.

So to answer your question, we no longer have a sin nature. Though we are still tempted in our spirits (mind, emotions, and will), it is never our heart's desire to sin like it used to be. Instead, our heart is to the "law of the Spirit of life in Christ" which has 2 commandments — love God and love others. That which is done in real love is not sinful. It may be a mistake of understanding but it is not knowingly sinning.

Are we still a "sinner?" We still sin but because of our new nature, we are not a sinner. We became sinners, sin-natured, when we sinned and did not confess nor repent nor feel broken-hearted for our sins. But now all of those things apply. We confess praying God would help us to repent of those sins and it does break, "grieve," our heart that we have sinned b/c that is not our heart's desire.

skypair

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
H. Richard said:
We can not change our sinful nature but God has given us His grace in that He made a way for us to become His children.
That is partly right. You see, we can't change our sinful nature by ourselves. I can recall having one personal sin when I received Christ that I knew I couldn't quit by myself. So in broken-heartedly repenting of sin guilt and a nature that was disposed to my own sinful will, part of my sinner's prayer was, "Please give me the life I don't have to deal with this sin." And He did. The divine life is empowering — "I can do all things through Christ…"

skypair

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
skypair said:
Well, Ro 8:9 contradicts that. So here's how it works: In salvation, you have a part to play and God has a part that He has already played. He died for your sins. Your part is to deal with your sin-guilty conscience that won't let you into heaven and your sin nature that desires your will more than God's will.

So how do you deal with it? Being convicted of YOUR sin .. and knowing that the problem lies with YOU, not with God .. you repent to God contritely (Psa 34:18) desiring to be free of sin guilt and to be given the new, divine nature. And He will take away your sin guilt (it will amaze you because you will never hold onto a guilty conscience again, 1Jn 3:9) and He will give you His divine nature — the Holy Spirit.

So to answer your question, we no longer have a sin nature. Though we are still tempted in our spirits (mind, emotions, and will), it is never our heart's desire to sin like it used to be. Instead, our heart is to the "law of the Spirit of life in Christ" which has 2 commandments — love God and love others. That which is done in real love is not sinful. It may be a mistake of understanding but it is not knowingly sinning.

Are we still a "sinner?" We still sin but because of our new nature, we are not a sinner. We became sinners, sin-natured, when we sinned and did not confess nor repent nor feel broken-hearted for our sins. But now all of those things apply. We confess praying God would help us to repent of those sins and it does break, "grieve," our heart that we have sinned b/c that is not our heart's desire.

skypair
Yea... Ok. If that works for you, fine. Good for you! By the way Romans 8 doesn't co tradict anything I said and i never asked a question...

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sword said:
I never came here to reach the lost. Thats the easy part. Reaching christians who know it all are the difficult ones to reach.
Then why did you say; "no wonder no one wants anything to do with christ if you lot represent Him"?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thats the easy part. Reaching christians who know it all are the difficult ones to reach.
Yes Jesus has a lot of work ahead of Him, far easier to convince the unbeliever of teh truth than teh christian.

Reactions: Sword

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please give me the life I don't have to deal with this sin.
What was it He sadi.

My Grace is sufficient for you", seems it is not enough for most, need to prove themselvs worthy by there works.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
What was it He sadi.

My Grace is sufficient for you", seems it is not enough for most, need to prove themselvs worthy by there works.
Works will not save you MJRH....it is God's grace, through Jesus Christ and willing to repent from sin that will save you...seems you are missing a few steps there...Matthew 19.17....

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
StanJ said:
Then why did you say; "no wonder no one wants anything to do with christ if you lot represent Him"?
Because you are all fighting among each other saying I am right. And most Must be wrong cause only one can be right. And the rest must be wrong. But You all think you are right. You can even agree amoung your selves why would any one want to be a part of the in fighting? I thought that was clear enough in my post.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Works will not save you MJRH....it is God's grace, through Jesus Christ and willing to repent from sin that will save you...seems you are missing a few steps there...Matthew 19.17....
Take a close look at what Jesus said;

Luke 18:10-14
10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself,'God, I thank You that I am not like other men — extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'
13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
NKJV

Jesus justified the sinner because the sinner knew he was a sinner. The pharisee did not know he was a sinner. He, like many in religions today, thought he did not sin like others do.

By the way, Jesus did not say the tax collector changed his job or became sinless by his own works.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sword said:
Because you are all fighting among each other saying I am right. And most Must be wrong cause only one can be right. And the rest must be wrong. But You all think you are right. You can even agree amoung your selves why would any one want to be a part of the in fighting? I thought that was clear enough in my post.
you seem to be missing my point? you are just trying to justify yourself in condemning others, which was exactly my point. These forums are for discussion, not for reaching out to the lost, although sometimes they may be of benefit to those who are really searching. So far I haven't seen you back down from your opinions either which I assume is because you think you're right. I assume you have heard of the parable about removing the speck from your brother's eye while you have a log in your own?