What is the meaning of Tartarus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What scriptural support do you have for this?

2 Peter 2:
[4] For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Jude 1:
[6] And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
[7] Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
meh, i guess we’ve both given our take there rn, and all i could really add is that its hard to unsee something after one has seen it. If you believe Paul meant “I” when he said “we” then bam go with that

The I - we argument also is invalid in reference to life after death.

"Psuche is the life which makes a man living; it is man’s natural life, that is, the life of the soul. When the Bible speaks of man’s life, it uses this word. What we want to pay attention to now are the words "soul" and "soul-life." In the original language, they are the same word.
THE SOUL-LIFE"
i got this by a search of-
”soul” and “life” mean the same thing
-fwiw, it was at the top, and if you are able to post a valid refute, so much the better! :D

i think zoe is maybe more like "spiritual life" or something,
but i appreciate this reminder that meat and milk dont mix, rn; have a nice day ok

psuche is what makes man -man. It is the root where we get phsycology. For man is a rational being where animals just have zoe life.

zoe is physical life- psuche is the immaterial life- the soul of man that separates him from the rest of the living world.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, hopefully the point has at least been initiated that the use of "we" can be a literary device, which was all i meant to say

or a simple statement where Paul is including his audience. I think we overthink the Scriptures because of too09 many eggheads sitting in too many ivory towers dissecting the Scriptures too much.