WHAT IS THE MYSTERY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jdg 20:1 Then all the children of Israel went out, and the congregation was gathered together as one man, from Dan even to Beersheba, with the land of Gilead, unto the LORD in Mizpeh.

Jdg 6:16 And the LORD said unto him, Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man.

Jos 23:10 One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you.

This here body was a Man of War.. physically.
Christ's Body is that Man of Peace...spiritually.

The Old Man had blood on it's hands.
The New Man has a clean heart and clean hands,

The Old Man was sent out to conquer territory for for an earthly kingdom,
The New Man is sent out to conquer territory for a spiritual Kingdom.

The Old Man consisted of only Jews.
The New Man consists of Jews and Gentiles.

The Old Man lived by the sword and died by the sword.
The New Man died by the Sword and lives by the Sword.

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

This is all connected to the blessings of Jacob and Esau.. but it's too lengthy to put here.

HUGS
Ziggy I like the illustrations you gave between the old and new man, nice job !

Reactions: Ziggy

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the difference between Jesus[Jehovah is salvation] and Christ [anointed]? To which Body did Paul refer? To which Body did Jesus himself refer in this verse?

"And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body." Matt 26:26
In Matthew 26:26 Christ was alluding to his physical body and his death to redeem the sins of Israel committed under the first testament

Paul was speaking as being members of his body with Christ being the head to the church

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The phrase "body of Christ" is one that Paul coined. But the essence and meaning of the phrase appears throughout the Bible. Paul employs the metaphor of a "body" to communicate the idea that those who have become his disciples are to serve one another as members of one body. Jesus also expresses this idea in passages such as Luke 22:25-27
In the body of Christ there is neither Jew or Gentile, but one new man made.
You find the distinction and separation of Jew and Gentile before Paul throughout all scripture before Paul
The body of Christ was only revealed and formed beginning with Paul

Reactions: ChristisGod

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He sure does read it below in living color

Ephesians 3
Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 5
For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

hope this helps !!!
Yes, it helps. However, to be fair, the mystery was first revealed to Peter at the calling of Cornelius and his family. This is the first moment in salvation history when the Apostles were given to know that the Gentiles were included in the Body of Christ.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it helps. However, to be fair, the mystery was first revealed to Peter at the calling of Cornelius and his family. This is the first moment in salvation history when the Apostles were given to know that the Gentiles were included in the Body of Christ.
Don't get me wrong as I understand your argument and position and agree. Its just the technical definition regarding the body of Christ and the church together being taught.

Reactions: CadyandZoe

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@CadyandZoe Perhaps implied also by the words of the Lord Jesus in Acts 1.8, about the scope of the Gospel message among the peoples of the world"

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is the difference between Jesus[Jehovah is salvation] and Christ [anointed]? To which Body did Paul refer? To which Body did Jesus himself refer in this verse?

"And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body." Matt 26:26

For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was handed over, took bread,

and, after he had given thanks, broke it and said, "This is my
body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."

And is this not the Divine Mysteries that Paul is referencing here:

Thus should one regard us: as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.

Peace be with you!

Reactions: amadeus