What is the name Father, which Jesus proclaimed within his life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REV translation:
14And God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “You are to tell the children of Israel this: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”
15Furthermore, God said to Moses, “Tell the children of Israel this: ‘Yahweh, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I know there are many 'I AM's' One being when Jesus answered his accusers with 'I AM'. But the one I mentioned is this one,

Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” God said to Moses, “I am who I am.[a] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” Exodus 3:13-15

Well, then, I guess I missed your point. Apologies.

Reactions: Pearl

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wouldn't it be something if we had a record of the Pharoah's thoughts when he was told that? God told His people many times His name, but He didn't give it to the Pharoah.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he told Moses to say he was I Am.
That is the common rhetoric for people to claim that Jesus is YHWH, when really Jesus is YHWHs word. YHWH spoke through Yeshua, because Yeshua was the Word of God who learned from Yhwh as he went in his life to do his will.

Reactions: Spyder and Pearl

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 6:3And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob by the name of God Almighty, but by My name Jehovah was I not known to them. @Pearl.

Reactions: Pearl

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

What is the name Father, which Jesus proclaimed within his life?​

God's name is his character. Declaring God's character/ name was the objective of Jesus. Why? because of the many distortions and falsehoods humanity had and has represented God as.
From pagan societies/ religions to how the Hebrews understood God to even the understanding many of those taking on the name of Jesus, are discarded by Jesus himself.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“What’s in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.”

 Romeo and Juliet | Act II, Scene II

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“What’s in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.”

 Romeo and Juliet | Act II, Scene II
Sometimes poop is rank though. Sometimes it can be tame, maybe. Either way, maybe wait10 minutes before going back in there. I left the window up.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is the name Father, which Jesus proclaimed within his life?​

God's name is his character. Declaring God's character/ name was the objective of Jesus. Why? because of the many distortions and falsehoods humanity had and has represented God as.
From pagan societies/ religions to how the Hebrews understood God to even the understanding many of those taking on the name of Jesus, are discarded by Jesus himself.

You know, Jesus coming in the name of his Father, Yahweh. Yeshua, Jesus as the Word of God, is indeed an expression of His Fathers Heart, (Though God is Spirit, is similiar to our Soul he gave us.) Having a heart, mind, will, in which he used his Word in order to make things come through.

Many people may seem to miss this though.

Important? I believe it is, Paul wrote saying "But for us, There is one God, the Father, by whom all things were created, and for whom we live. And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things were created, and through whom we live"

The Father, was the one whom thought, spoke openly with himself by his own Word, and the Father whom all things were created. There is only one. Yahavah, and there is the Lord Jesus Christ, through whom all things were created.

There is a unique characteristics of Yahavah, having been from his mind/will/heart, is creating what is on his heart, by and through the Word, there in the beginning with the Holy spirit of Yahavah over the waters of the dark voided earth...

just somethings for those reading to think on. Thanks for the reply Qt.