What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is a 5 year old "Heartfully MATURE" enough to accept Jesus?
How about a 10 year old?
How about a 15 year old or a 30 year old with the mental capacity of a 7 year old?
What about all the adults who accepted Jesus when they were "heartfully mature" and then years later rejected Jesus? Were they mature the first time they accepted Jesus? Or years later when they rejected Him? Wouldn't they have been MORE mature years later Taken?
Can you now see how ridiculous your theory is?

Hearing Jesus’ Name is NOT knowing About Jesus. Did you Hear your husbands Name, Hear a few things About Him, and Jump in a PLEDGE of a LIFELONG Marriage Contract BEFORE YOU KNEW HIM?

And do you think 5 yrs olds are mature enough to Jump in a PLeDGE of a Lifelong Contract to Anything? Marriage? Buying a home? Borrowing money? Pledging an OATH, to Anything they do not know the fine print of the Contract they are agreeing to?
LOL

Jesus said: “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of God.
Taken says: Keep the children from Jesus.

That is a FLAT OUT LIE. I have said NO SUCH THING!
It is YOUR IGNORANCE of not knowing the Difference of Coming to Jesus, and COMMITTING to Jesus.

You think someone Coming to your home, Learning about you....IS THEM MAKING a Committed Commitment TO YOU? How ridiculous!

Scripture says: Entire households were baptized.
Taken says: Entire households, minus any child who isn't heartfully mature, were baptized.

WHAT entire households? Grown men who LIVED in the household with their mothers and dads? Shocking!

IF you studied scripture, you should have LEARNED...Grown Children were accounted in the household of their mothers and fathers.

IF you studied scripture, you should have LEARNED...GROW-ING Children were to be TAUGHT the WORD of God, from the members OF a Godly Household....SO THEY MIGHT themselves Hear, Learn, MATURE, MAKE their own free willed choice to COMMIT their Life TO the Lord God and BECOME MADE SAVED!

The earliest debate in Christian history was how SOON after birth should children be baptized; before 8 days or after 8 days. The earliest Christian records we have from 1,900 years ago say that children were baptized.
Taken has accepted the latest 500 year old teaching of protestant men.

I agree, Men calling themselves Catholic Christians were the earliest GENTILES to HIJACK Jewish Christianity, and MAKE a mockery of Christ’s Doctrine, adding in “THEIR” Catholic Doctrine, and the people at large, EAGER to Hear the Word of God, (who could not read nor had access to verifying Holy Scriptures) Depended on men parading themselves as PREACHERS of Gods Word....were hoodwinked into believing ALL KINDS of things in complete OPPOSITION to Gods Word.

And NO, I have NOT accepted (or every claimed to have accepted) 500 year old teachings of Protestant men.

I have expressly made MY CLAIMS clear, Scripture is my written book of Knowledge (which I possess and I CAN read for myself ) FOR knowledge and FOR verification....and my TEACHER is the Word of God....and my TEACHER for Understanding the Word of God....IS the Spirit OF God.

Scripture and your own Christian history show that you and your ilk are wrong.

You make FALSE accusations, and the ONLY relevance that has is accounted to you.

Telling the truth with real with logic, Scripture and Christian history..............Mary

Real LOGIC, is the CARNAL MIND coming to a conclusion of what makes sense at that moment, and tomorrow your CARNAL MIND can come to a completely DIFFERENT Conclusion....ie Wishy Washy.

IF “real Carnal Minded LOGIC” is how you made YOUR Oath to the Lord God to BELIEVE IN HIM, to Commit to Him.......oops........That is expressly NOT according to His Order and Way.

And BTW, your Carnal Minded LOGICAL pretense of speaking FOR ME, does not represent me, does not make me accountable....it ONLY is Accounted TO YOU as a FALSE testifier.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hearing Jesus’ Name is NOT knowing About Jesus. Did you Hear your husbands Name, Hear a few things About Him, and Jump in a PLEDGE of a LIFELONG Marriage Contract BEFORE YOU KNEW HIM?

And do you think 5 yrs olds are mature enough to Jump in a PLeDGE of a Lifelong Contract to Anything? Marriage? Buying a home? Borrowing money? Pledging an OATH, to Anything they do not know the fine print of the Contract they are agreeing to?
LOL

That is a FLAT OUT LIE. I have said NO SUCH THING!
It is YOUR IGNORANCE of not knowing the Difference of Coming to Jesus, and COMMITTING to Jesus.

You think someone Coming to your home, Learning about you....IS THEM MAKING a Committed Commitment TO YOU? How ridiculous!

WHAT entire households? Grown men who LIVED in the household with their mothers and dads? Shocking!

IF you studied scripture, you should have LEARNED...Grown Children were accounted in the household of their mothers and fathers.

IF you studied scripture, you should have LEARNED...GROW-ING Children were to be TAUGHT the WORD of God, from the members OF a Godly Household....SO THEY MIGHT themselves Hear, Learn, MATURE, MAKE their own free willed choice to COMMIT their Life TO the Lord God and BECOME MADE SAVED!

I agree, Men calling themselves Catholic Christians were the earliest GENTILES to HIJACK Jewish Christianity, and MAKE a mockery of Christ’s Doctrine, adding in “THEIR” Catholic Doctrine, and the people at large, EAGER to Hear the Word of God, (who could not read nor had access to verifying Holy Scriptures) Depended on men parading themselves as PREACHERS of Gods Word....were hoodwinked into believing ALL KINDS of things in complete OPPOSITION to Gods Word.

And NO, I have NOT accepted (or every claimed to have accepted) 500 year old teachings of Protestant men.

I have expressly made MY CLAIMS clear, Scripture is my written book of Knowledge (which I possess and I CAN read for myself ) FOR knowledge and FOR verification....and my TEACHER is the Word of God....and my TEACHER for Understanding the Word of God....IS the Spirit OF God.

You make FALSE accusations, and the ONLY relevance that has is accounted to you.

Real LOGIC, is the CARNAL MIND coming to a conclusion of what makes sense at that moment, and tomorrow your CARNAL MIND can come to a completely DIFFERENT Conclusion....ie Wishy Washy.

IF “real Carnal Minded LOGIC” is how you made YOUR Oath to the Lord God to BELIEVE IN HIM, to Commit to Him.......oops........That is expressly NOT according to His Order and Way.

And BTW, your Carnal Minded LOGICAL pretense of speaking FOR ME, does not represent me, does not make me accountable....it ONLY is Accounted TO YOU as a FALSE testifier.
Sadly, the truth will be known to them some day..

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...yet again some foolish people are determined to prove their foolishness trying to think and speak lies, as if it apply to others.

I don’t BELONG to any man-made church.
I don’t HAVE any Protestant fathers.

Don’t be coy, the Catholics Gentiles were in line right behind the Jews in their own “splintering” efforts. :laughing:
SURE you do.

If you are a Non-Catholic, Non-Orthodox Christian – you are a Protestant by definition – and you have Protestant Fathers who started it all.

However, after many conversations with you, I’m NOT even sure you qualify as
that . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No – I said YOU made Him sound like an idiot by claiming that Her was talking about natural birth when Nicodemus CLEARLY asked Him about REBIRTH.

Your moronic projection tactics may work with the people YOU hang out with – but nobody here is buying your
nonsense . . .

Yes....”IDIOT Jesus”....was YOUR THOUGHT, YOUR WORDS....while you did corruptly TRY to dump your thoughts, your words ON ME.....that is a FAIL.

I did not think that, imply that or say that.......YOU DID.
Man up and take responsibility for your own thoughts, your own words ... because LIKE IT OR NOT, God Accounts what you think, say, do....unto YOU!

No one is fooled by your corrupt tactics of you SPEAKING your thoughts and trying to put them on other people...........GASLIGHTER!!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SURE you do.

If you are a Non-Catholic, Non-Orthodox Christian – you are a Protestant by definition – and you have Protestant Fathers who started it all.

that . . .
the LORD Jesus Christ walked this earth as a Protestant.............it's clear as Day in the Gospels.

YES, the LORD Jesus Christ started all this protesting against man-made religion

Reactions: amigo de christo

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He did not walk it as a catholic or a protestant. He walked at as his father in heaven.

Sadly, many so called protestant churches are no better than the Catholic Church..
the LORD Jesus Christ walked and spoke as a True Protestant

SEE here = Matthew 5:17-20

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

the LORD Jesus protested the abuse of scripture in the hands/minds of religious men

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the LORD Jesus Christ walked this earth as a Protestant.............it's clear as Day in the Gospels.

YES, the LORD Jesus Christ started all this protesting against man-made religion
No – Jesus only rejected the Jewish LEADERSnot the Jewish religion.
He came to FULFILL that (Matt. 5:17).

Jesus was NOT a Protestant. In fact, He told His disciples to shake the dust from their sandals at those who protested against them because it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than those people (Matt. 10:14)

Good luck
with that . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Historically-speaking – there is NO Christian church prior to the Catholic Church.

LOL...Big of you to COMPLETELY IGNORE the Jewish men Were the FIRST Christians....not Gentile men calling themselves Catholics... :Laughingoutloud:

JEWS....were the FIRST to become members of Christ’s Church and the FIRST to hold Christian Church Meetings....in the OPEN air, tents, homes, and Synagogue Buildings....long before Gentile men, calling themselves Catholic began Writing and teaching a Doctrine other than Jesus’ Doctrine and TRADING a mans labor to build a church for that mans guaranteed salvation. :rolleyes:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes....”IDIOT Jesus”....was YOUR THOUGHT, YOUR WORDS....while you did corruptly TRY to dump your thoughts, your words ON ME.....that is a FAIL.

I did not think that, imply that or say that.......YOU DID.
Man up and take responsibility for your own thoughts, your own words ... because LIKE IT OR NOT, God Accounts what you think, say, do....unto YOU!

No one is fooled by your corrupt tactics of you SPEAKING your thoughts and trying to put them on other people...........GASLIGHTER!!
TRYING to make Him look like an idiot by changing the meaning of His words was something YOU did.

But the “idiocy” itself was all
YOURS . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SURE you do.

that . . .

I am BY Definition what I AGREE TO...not what the world OF men decide.
The Lord God Almighty Created and Made....ie started IT ALL....not men!

I have ONE earthly daddy (by Gods Design)
I have ONE earthly (God appointed) father..Abraham.
I have ONE Heavenly Father....the Lord God Almighty.

Scriptural TEACHING....blatantly obviously conflicting with man-made Catholic Doctrine.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRYING to make Him look like an idiot by changing the meaning of His words was something YOU did.

But the “idiocy” itself was all
YOURS . . .

YAWN....your GASLIGHTING tactics and DEFLECTING tactics are old, boring, and the same old crap satan does.

• Haha

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus was NOT a Protestant. In fact, He told His disciples to shake the dust from their sandals at those who protested against them because it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than those people (Matt. 10:14)

Good luck
with that . . .
the Jewish elders(Sadducees & Pharisees) had corrupted the True meaning of Scripture just as the RCC, JW, LDS and many Protestants

Which is EXACTLY what Matthew ch5 is speaking of for THEN and NOW/TODAY

the LORD Jesus continues to 'Protest' religious error TODAY thru His Holy Spirit in His Brethren = the True Church built without hands

you will do well to submit unto the Counsel of God found only in His Word

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...Big of you to COMPLETELY IGNORE the Jewish men Were the FIRST Christians....not Gentile men calling themselves Catholics... :Laughingoutloud:

JEWS....were the FIRST to become members of Christ’s Church and the FIRST to hold Christian Church Meetings....in the OPEN air, tents, homes, and Synagogue Buildings....long before Gentile men, calling themselves Catholic began Writing and teaching a Doctrine other than Jesus’ Doctrine and TRADING a mans labor to build a church for that mans guaranteed salvation. :rolleyes:
WHO is “ignoring” the original Jewish Catholics??

Peter and Paul and John and the rest were as Catholic as I am.

Acts 9:31
“Then the church throughout (ekklesa jata hoilos) (Catholic) Judea, Galilee, and Samaria experienced peace and thus was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, the church increased in numbers.”

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Jewish elders(Sadducees & Pharisees) had corrupted the True meaning of Scripture just as the RCC, JW, LDS and many Protestants

Which is EXACTLY what Matthew ch5 is speaking of for THEN and NOW/TODAY

the LORD Jesus continues to 'Protest' religious error TODAY thru His Holy Spirit in His Brethren = the True Church built without hands

you will do well to submit unto the Counsel of God found only in His Word
Ummmm, Matt. 5 is about the Sermon on the Mount and teaches about the Beatitudes and on Murder, Divorce and Adultery.

Secondly – Jesus did rebuke the Pharisees for corrupting the Scriptures - but for ADDING their own little laws and rules to the Word and to the Mosaic Law and placing them ABOVE the Word (Marl 7L8).
This is something that i NOT done in the Catholic Church.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHO is “ignoring” the original Jewish Catholics??

Original Jewish Catholics?....LOL

Peter and Paul and John and the rest were as Catholic as I am.

LOL - true to your on PAR Gaslighting....NONE of Jesus’ appointed Apostles CLAIMED to be “CATHOLIC”! And Peter never claimed to be “POPE” ... another Catholic false teaching.

Acts 9:31
“Then the church throughout (ekklesa jata hoilos) (Catholic) Judea, Galilee, and Samaria experienced peace and thus was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, the church increased in numbers.”

Matt 10:
[5] These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Uh...Peter and John were OF those twelve!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the LORD Jesus Christ walked and spoke as a True Protestant

SEE here = Matthew 5:17-20

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

the LORD Jesus protested the abuse of scripture in the hands/minds of religious men
like I said. a protestant is in catholic view anyone who protests the catholic church

yet many protestants are just like here.

Jesus spoke as a true king. not as a protestant

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

remember, their theology is very anti jew....so it is not odd to see them ignore a jew.. A jew to a catholic is like a gentile was to the jew

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good luck
with that . . .
:rolleyes:

Fact IS: JESUS rejected men WHO, accounted False Teaching and False Claims AGAINST the Word of God.

Fact IS: MEN as well who ARE WITH Jesus / or ARE IN Christ Jesus ARE TAUGHT to reject (shake the dust off and move one) men WHO, account False teaching and FALSE Claims AGAINST the Word of God.

Fact IS: Men routinely REJECT False Catholic Teaching....so what?
It affects me NONE, that you bow down to Statues or all the other unGodly rituals your Church “FATHER(S)” teach and preach.