what is the purpose of our life in this world why do we live just to die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is good! My wife found the parts to fix our broken dishwasher for under $80.00. Much better. I am cancelling this order from Home Depot that takes months to get anyways. Life is now less stupid then I thought!
An $920.00 savings! Good news indeed.
Now the question becomes, do you know how to replace those parts yourselves?

Reactions: Mantis

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Going back to the 1st point, having relationship with Jesus means you have saved yourself, and are now in a position to follow the command of Jesus, and make disciples of all people.
i see then you can do anything you want kill a person you hate since you are already saved
romans and then james but whatever we all have different beliefs i do not believe in once saved always saved

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the video reflects very simply that our purpose first in life is to be reconciled to God through Jesus, then cooperate with His plan to love and save others.
Once we are, thwn we can truely know God and share in His love.

Amen to that Ron! Everyone who is reconciled to God is through Jesus and the ransom he provided sir. Of course to take advantage of that ransom, one must side with God on the issue by obeying His commandments 1 Jn 5:3. It is not automatic, and few choose to do so sir.

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i see then you can do anything you want kill a person you hate since you are already saved
romans and then james but whatever we all have different beliefs i do not believe in once saved always saved

What? Where in that statement did I ever even imply that you can do what you want once you are saved??? I also do not believe in once saved always saved.... But once you are saved, Jesus will not leave you, but you can still choose to leave him. But if you cultivate a relationship with Him, then you won't want to leave the fold. All I said is one of the responsibilities of the saved is to make disciples of Jesus, as Jesus commanded us to do.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen to that Ron! Everyone who is reconciled to God is through Jesus and the ransom he provided sir. Of course to take advantage of that ransom, one must side with God on the issue by obeying His commandments 1 Jn 5:3. It is not automatic, and few choose to do so sir.
Wow, I thought I was on your ignor list.
FAITH/Belief in Christ are big words. If you believe in Christ, you will do what He says. You will grow in Christ and learn to demonstrate your faith resulting in fruit. You will practice righteousness, holiness and fail at times, but agree to follow His way.
As I've said in another thread, obedience and perseverance are part of the GIFT of FAITH that we do not earn by works. God enables us to cooperate with His plan by sharing His love and spiritual power with us.
We are immersed in Christ, the SOURCE OF LIFE, so the yoke is easy and the burden light.
That brings up a topic: What is the LIFE? Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life ..."
There is only one way to reconcile with God.
There is only one truth.
There is only one life.
This dispels the idea that Jesus is not God, Who is the source of truth and life.
This dispels the idea that Jesus is a created being, since also He is the Creator of all things (Col. 1:16, 17) visible and invisible, earthly and heavenly.
If He was created, then are we to believe that there was no truth or life before Him? No! When He says I am the truth and life, it means He is the source. If He was angel, He would not make these claims, He would not draw attention to Himself. He would have
diverted everyone's attention away from Himself and directed it only towards God. He would not have claimed I am the the way, the truth, the life, the bread of life, the doorway, the
Savior, the resurrection, the Alpha and Omega, etc., etc. He would have, as all other prophets did and as all other angels did, direct all glory, worship and praise to God.
Yet He received, glory, worship and praise, before He was born, thoughout His human life and after His death (although during his human life he relinquished that glory temporarily).
He is worshipped and loved by most Christians, who call Him LORD, Savior and God. He is my God (Thomas realized that as most Christians would claim).He will straighten the rest out when He finally rules in His Millennial Kingdom and every knee will bow to Him and worship Him.
Can you say Amen to that?

Last edited:

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
What? Where in that statement did I ever even imply that you can do what you want once you are saved??? I also do not believe in once saved always saved.... But once you are saved, Jesus will not leave you, but you can still choose to leave him. But if you cultivate a relationship with Him, then you won't want to leave the fold. All I said is one of the responsibilities of the saved is to make disciples of Jesus, as Jesus commanded us to do.
i knew it i did not* understand you

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I thought I was on your ignor list.
FAITH/Belief in Christ are big words. If you believe in Christ, you will do what He says. You will grow in Christ and learn to demonstrate your faith resulting in fruit. You will practice righteousness, holiness and fail at times, but agree to follow His way.
As I've said in another thread, obedience and perseverance are part of the GIFT of FAITH that we do not earn by works. God enables us to cooperate with His plan by sharing His love and spiritual power with us.
We are immersed in Christ, the SOURCE OF LIFE, so the yoke is easy and the burden light.
That brings up a topic: What is the LIFE? Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life ..."
There is only one way to reconcile with God.
There is only one truth.
There is only one life.
This dispels the idea that Jesus is not God, Who is the source of truth and life.
This dispels the idea that Jesus is a created being, since also He is the Creator of all things (Col. 1:16, 17) visible and invisible, earthly and heavenly.
If He was created, then are we to believe that there was no truth or life before Him? No! When He says I am the truth and life, it means He is the source. If He was angel, He would not make these claims, He would not draw attention to Himself. He would have
diverted everyone's attention away from Himself and directed it only towards God. He would not have claimed I am the the way, the truth, the life, the bread of life, the doorway, the
Savior, the resurrection, the Alpha and Omega, etc., etc. He would have, as all other prophets did and as all other angels did, direct all glory, worship and praise to God.
Yet He received, glory, worship and praise, before He was born, thoughout His human life and after His death (although during his human life he relinquished that glory temporarily).
He is worshipped and loved by most Christians, who call Him LORD, Savior and God. He is my God (Thomas realized that as most Christians would claim).He will straighten the rest out when He finally rules in His Millennial Kingdom and every knee will bow to Him and worship Him.
Can you say Amen to that?

Obedience is works Ron. Jesus is not God, rather God's son. Jesus was the beginning of the creation of God. No sir, no amen this time. Obedience includes worshiping and serving the God Jesus said to exclusively Mat 4:10

No sir you are not on my ignore list, only David is, and I think it is great when I can agree with someone on a point, so I try to tell them when I can.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obedience is works Ron. Jesus is not God, rather God's son. Jesus was the beginning of the creation of God. No sir, no amen this time. Obedience includes worshiping and serving the God Jesus said to exclusively Mat 4:10
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works lest anyone should boast." Gal. 2:8, 9
This means that our salvation is not a result of works of the LAW.
Obedience is a result, a consequence, fruit (if your will), of our salvation.
" yet we know a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified." GAL. 2:16
"For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse: for it is written, Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them." Gal. 3:10
This is why Christ died for our sins and fulfulled the Law because we could not. You fail in one area and you are cursed. So it is impossible for man to keep the law.
He gives is this command: "For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself'". Gal. 5:14
Obedience to this command doesn't mean we can do it perfectly. We fail many times and in many ways. Our failiure does not invalidate our salvation, because we were given a gift that is secure.
Believe in Christ and you will be saved. That's it, not believe plus this and that and the other ... This is a promise by Jesus. We believe and we are saved. He does not reneg in this. The Holy Spirit seals the deal.
We are sealed. That means secure.
Faith is the confidence of our salvation. We are in Christ and no one (not even ourselves can remove us from His love). We are now in eternity. It is not something we have to merit and wait for to see if we are worthy with a stamp of approval. We are born again from above spiritually, we are saved _ NOW. Why? We believe in Christ and trust in Him. We trust that His sacrifice was sufficient. Nothing else need be done accept believing in Him. He is the LIFE.
He is the TRUTH.
Btw, Satan tempted Jesus in Matt. 4 and Jesus told him, "You shall not put the LORD your God to the test"; and "You shall worship the LORD your God and Him only shall your serve."
So who was Satan tempting/ testing? Was he testing Jesus or the Father? Did he ask the Father to worship him or Jesus?

Who is the LORD? Jesus!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works lest anyone should boast." Gal. 2:8, 9
" yet we know a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified." GAL. 2:16
"For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse: for it is written, Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them." Gal. 3:10
This is why Christ died for our sins and fulfulled the Law because we could not. You fail in one area and you are cursed. So it is impossible for man to keep the law.
He gives is this command: "For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself'". Gal. 5:14
Obedience to this command doesn't mean we can do it perfectly. We fail many times and in many ways. Our failiure does not invalidate our salvation, because we were given a gift that is secure.
Believe in Christ and you will be saved. That's it, not believe plus this and that and the other ... This is a promise by Jesus. We believe and we are saved. He does not reneg in this. The Holy Spirit seals the deal.
Faith is the confidence of our salvation. We are in Christ and no one (not even ourselves can remove us from His love). We are now in eternity. It is not something we have to merit and wait for to see if we are worthy with a stamp of approval. We are born again from above spiritually, we are saved _ NOW. Why? We believe in Christ and trust in Him. We trust that His sacrifice was sufficient. Nothing else need be done accept believing in Him. He is the LIFE.
He is the TRUTH.
Btw, Satan tempted Jesus in Matt. 4 and Jesus told him, "You shall not put the LORD your God to the test"; and "You shall worship the LORD your God and Him only shall your serve."
So who was Satan tempting/ testing? Was he testing Jesus or the Father? Did he ask the Father to worship him or Jesus?

Who is the LORD? Jesus!

No sir, Jesus said it was written, recorded for us in the Scriptures, so what passage was Jesus quoting Ron? Now, who was the "LORD" Jesus was talking about?

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
hi you should not disregard other verse
James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
yet we know a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified." GAL. 2:16
James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
James 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is the TRUTH.

Who is the LORD? Jesus!
Living faith includes obeying God. As Paul said in Rom. 2:13, it is the people who obey God's commandments who are just in His sight. Protestants are in dire need of learning the difference between Paul saying obeying God's commandments isn't required and him saying God's commandments can't atone for sins. Paul's words in Gal. 2:16 where about people who subscribed to the idea that physical circumcision guaranteed their salvation, as he clearly specified in Gal. 6. The idea that Paul taught against keeping God's commandments have no logical or biblical basis, considering he outright told the Romans and Corinthians to keep God's commandments. Christ Himself said whatever faith you think you have is absolutely worthless if it doesn't include obeying His Father's commandments.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
we were given a gift that is secure.
Believe in Christ and you will be saved.
and that part is not for you to decide but of God
what if you already know you are saved even if you fail won't it get in your head then instead of being humble you will be proud because you know you are already saved if you just believed in christ without doing the work

that for me is scary i have a very bad feeling something bad will happen sooner or later let's not put a dot and say we are saved but let's strive to follow

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Living faith includes obeying God.

That is part of the gift of faith.- I think I mentioned that. He enables us to obey, encourages us to persevere. So yes we cooperate with Him, it is expected of us. His yoke is easy and burden light.
>> Being in Christ enables us to be directed by the power, influence and works of God within us that He has prepared.<<
He gets the credit. We can do nothing without Him. So, what are doing? BOASTING that you obey?
You remind me of the man in prayer that thanked God for not being like the sinful pagans. On the flip side was the humble pagan who confessed his sins and asked for mercy and forgiveness. One proud hypocrite vs one humble servant

Protestants are in dire need of learning the difference between Paul saying obeying God's commandments isn't required

Not the church I went to, not most churches..They were Evangelical churches that stressed obedience/service. What do you think evangelism is? Carrying around a cross on your neck, praying with rosary beads to Mary or the Saints? Does the world look at you and say, "Gee, there is something different about that guy, I want what he has." Well, "by their fruit you will know them". And
what is that fruit? Do you have it? Is God working in those areas in your life?
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." Gal. 5;22, 23

WORKS COME AFTER ONE'S CONVERSION. IT CAN'T BE DONE PRIOR TO IT WITHOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT. IT IS ACTUALLY THE HOLY SPIRIT WHO DOES THE WORK THROUGH YOU.
The only change of heart that is required prior to your conversion is, seeking God, repentance (turning to God), realizing your sins and need for a Savior, believing that Christ died for your sins and rose on the third day, and a humble willingness to ask for forgiveness. Then the work starts: learning, growing with study, practice ... a process of sanctification that continues til you're DEAD.

Christ Himself said whatever faith you think you have is absolutely worthless if it doesn't include obeying His Father's commandments.

And He will alone will be the judge of that. I am sick of people who point their holy fingers as if they are living a pure life themselves - without fault. Do they call you MR. LOVE BECAUSE IT JUST OVERFLOWS OUT OF YOU? DOUBT IT.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and that part is not for you to decide but of God
what if you already know you are saved even if you fail won't it get in your head then instead of being humble you will be proud because you know you are already saved if you just believed in christ without doing the work

that for me is scary i have a very bad feeling something bad will happen sooner or later let's not put a dot and say we are saved but let's strive to follow

That part is for me to claim! It is a permanent gift, an inheritance too. I trust that He will not reneg on His PROMISE.
He empowers me to abide in Him.
The gift of eternal life is not an open door to sin it up as you please. Belief means you agree to put His yoke around your neck, go where He leads you and do what Jesus says. We practice, we walk and we focus on HIS WAY, not ours.
We focus on things above but not all the time because we still live in the world. The Bible continuosly reminds us to abide in Him because He knows we will often fail, drift, get wrapped up in worldly things, backslide into our old ways ...
My Pastor used to say that we will fall again and again, but we need to get up and move forward. We go off the path and so are prompted to get back on. We get down and discouraged usually because we are not focusing on things above. So the Bible tells us "encourage one another" 40 times. If our walk was automatically geared to holiness, we would need no repeated instruction, reminders or encouragement at all. We would get saved and change automatically into pure and holy persons. It doesn't work that way because we still have "sarx" until we die. The spirit wars against the flesh and vice versa. It is a daily battle that gets easier over time.
That said, the fear of God is the beginning of knowledge and wisdom. So we know if we sin, that there are consequences for us and others. We know that in this life He chastises those He loves. That means punishment and it could be severe, so we don't push the envelope and test Him in fear that we will suffer for it. It is not a perminent judgment though, it is a chastisement and I have gotten plenty. Our parents use to use that threat that if we did something wrong , God would punish us. And when we did and suffered for it, they would say, "God punished you for that."
I know the consequences of sin and I know that whatever I sow, that I will reap. If you sow good things, you reap good things; if you sow evil, you will get it back. I know that and I fear that.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
That part is for me to claim! It is a permanent gift, an inheritance too. I trust that He will not reneg on His PROMISE.
He empowers me to abide in Him.
The gift of eternal life is not an open door to sin it up as you please. Belief means you agree to put His yoke around your neck, go where He leads you and do what Jesus says. We practice, we walk and we focus on HIS WAY, not ours.
We focus on things above but not all the time because we still live in the world. The Bible continuosly reminds us to abide in Him because He knows we will often fail, drift, get wrapped up in worldly things, backslide into our old ways ...
My Pastor used to say that we will fall again and again, but we need to get up and move forward. We go off the path and so are prompted to get back on. We get down and discouraged usually because we are not focusing on things above. So the Bible tells us "encourage one another" 40 times. If our walk was automatically geared to holiness, we would need no repeated instruction, reminders or encouragement at all. We would get saved and change automatically into pure and holy persons. It doesn't work that way because we still have "sarx" until we die. The spirit wars against the flesh and vice versa. It is a daily battle that gets easier over time.
That said, the fear of God is the beginning of knowledge and wisdom. So we know if we sin, that there are consequences for us and others. We know that in this life He chastises those He loves. That means punishment and it could be severe, so we don't push the envelope and test Him in fear that we will suffer for it. It is not a perminent judgment though, it is a chastisement and I have gotten plenty. Our parents use to use that threat that if we did something wrong , God would punish us. And when we did and suffered for it, they would say, "God punished you for that."
I know the consequences of sin and I know that whatever I sow, that I will reap. If you sow good things, you reap good things; if you sow evil, you will get it back. I know that and I fear that.
i see

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, with a second view of the video, I have realized that the preacher is wrong. All the scriptures are true. But this view is blind to the reality that we are
already adopted/ saved,
we are already in Christ, already born again spiritually and have already entered into His spiritual eternal Kingdom! The only thing we are waitng for is our resurrected bodies, our full redemption.
You don't seem to have the concept of what spirituality means. It means we have a spirit, which is a new creature. It is our purified essence of ourselves that is sanctified, separate from our flesh. It is the invisble you that has been cleansed. Why do you think our spirit wars against our flesh? Sin dwells in the flesh and so the flesh/ our bodies and old self will certainly die someday.
When Jesus died, He said Father receive my spirit, which is everything that He is minus the the body.
Stephen was stoned to death and prayed to God, "Lord, receive my spirit". That request meant right now -- not in 2000 years!

WE ARE NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST ALREADY.
2 Cor. 5:17 "is in Christ", now
Rom. 6:2-6 our "old was crucified with Him"
Gal. 3:27 we "were baptized into Christ"
Rom. 8:1 "Now there is no condemnation"
1 Pet. 2:2 "like newborn infants, long for spiritual milk" We are already born again!
Eph. 1:11 "in Him we HAVE attained an inheritance"
John 3:3 " You must be born again". We are.
2 Cor. 4:16, 17 Our outer self is dying. Our inner self is being transformed.
1 Thes. 5:23 We are made of spirit, soul and body.
Eph. 2:5, 6 "even shen se WERE DEAD ... HE MADE US ALIVE ... AND RAISED US UP WITH HIM"
John 1:12? 13 ADOPTED ALREADY. We "were born ... of God"
Mark 16:16 WE HAVE BEEN "baptized into His name AND SAVED"

Last edited: