what is the purpose of our life in this world why do we live just to die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
btw the person who preach this is already asleep in this life

Great question, and I have good news, the Bible answers that.
Out of God's great love, He was moved to create man Gen 1:26. He placed them in the garden of Eden, and they were to spread that paradise throughout the whole earth. Sadly, Adam chose to rebel against God's arrangement, which put a delay on God's purpose.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
btw the person who preach this is already asleep in this life
I just now watched it and thought it was well presented.
What God wants, I believe, is men, who choose to love and obey Him when they have alternatives... God provided also the alternatives as He did for Adam and Eve!

God want us to be with Him and He wants to be with us... but Not as a second choice or simply in order to receive the blessings which He also offers.

Can we and do we love God through even the worst of our allotted time here as men of flesh subject to the pain and anguish and difficulties we may encounter? Will we choose God's Way even if He should ask of us something like what asked of Jesus?

Jesus asked, I believe, to have the pain, anguish and difficulties [his cup] before him removed. What was the answer from God?

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

If we ask God a similar question with regard to our pain, anguish and difficulties, and He answers us like He answered Jesus...what should our response to Him be? Should we not be persecuted? Should we not suffer pain and difficult times?

"Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also." John 15:20

And then again, what is God's will for us?

"...nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

God's purpose for our life is...?

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t watch the video. But I just paid $1000 for a dishwasher………
Sometimes I think life is stupid.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!
Priceless!
You paid a thousand dollars for a machine to do the job you don't want to do.

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is our purpose? When God created us, He created us for two main purpose...

1) Have fellowship with Him - give Him praise
2) Be fruitful and multiply, replenish the earth

Then because of what Adam did, and later what Jesus did; there was a third purpose added to our list

3) Make disciples of all people - bring them to Jesus

Everything else is much less important!

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is our purpose? When God created us, He created us for two main purpose...

1) Have fellowship with Him - give Him praise
2) Be fruitful and multiply, replenish the earth

Then because of what Adam did, and later what Jesus did; there was a third purpose added to our list

• Replenish, the Earth?
  • We needed to be saved because our fall was part of God's plan.God tells us, he created some for mercy and others for destruction.
  • "Vessels of wrath made for destruction, and that he might make known the riches of his glory on vessels of mercy, which he prepared beforehand for glory," us, whom he also called, not from the Jews only, but also from the Gentiles? (Romans 9:19-24 WEB)
  • Isaiah 41,42, and 45. And Jeremiah 18.

Last edited:

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
ever wonder why i shared the video instead of me just putting the words in here because i am not good with words but someone is
Has anyone looked at that sick profile picture in this members post?
Get it? Mockery of Christ dying on the cross?
oh you talking about my prof pic? well the purpose is really no particular reason but just meme because i used to have a prof pic of a cute pig but now for a change i picked a roasting pig

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

i just want to tell you that i don't quite agree because there's clearly a more important thing to do than to bother others just to hook them while you can't even save yourself but this is not debate and i don't like vain debates :D

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just want to tell you that i don't quite agree because there's clearly a more important thing to do than to bother others just to hook them while you can't even save yourself but this is not debate and i don't like vain debates :D
Even so my friend! We were not sent to proselytize. What is the work of God?

"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." John 6:29

"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself." Phil 2:3

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
while you can't even save yourself but this is not debate and i don't like vain debates :D

Going back to the 1st point, having relationship with Jesus means you have saved yourself, and are now in a position to follow the command of Jesus, and make disciples of all people.

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
  • Replenish, the Earth?

Yes the command God gave man kind as part of creation, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth (gen 1:28)" That command has never changed, it is part of the law of creation! even after the fall, we are still to replenish or "fill" the earth by having children - God just now also wants us to teach and train our children in Him.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the command God gave man kind as part of creation, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth (gen 1:28)" That command has never changed, it is part of the law of creation! even after the fall, we are still to replenish or "fill" the earth by having children - God just now also wants us to teach and train our children in Him.
Replenish= reload, refill, repopulate.

If Adam and Eve we're the first humans, they wouldn't be told by creator to replenish the earth. Re-populate? When they were the first in the Genesis of humankind.

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Replenish= reload, refill, repopulate.

If Adam and Eve we're the first humans, they wouldn't be told by creator to replenish the earth. Re-populate? When they were the first in the Genesis of humankind.

yes, that is an unfortunate word the KJV uses. The Hebrew word is male' that just means "to fill". There has been a lot of confusion over that word. It just is saying to fill the earth; in the original.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The video presentation was pretty good and I liked it.
The purpose of life in a few words is : To find God.
That’s the first step.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The video presentation was pretty good and I liked it.
The purpose of life in a few words is : To find God.
That’s the first step.
God is all.
Why would God create humans from and of himself,as he said, and in God's image and likeness, so that the created of and from him could find him?

God, self-realized?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!
Priceless!
You paid a thousand dollars for a machine to do the job you don't want to do.
God is good! My wife found the parts to fix our broken dishwasher for under $80.00. Much better. I am cancelling this order from Home Depot that takes months to get anyways. Life is now less stupid then I thought!

Reactions: Pythagorean12