What is the Whole Armour of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yeah, Lets ignore john 3. Where Jesus tells us all about it

Of course you ignore it. Because it proves you are in error..
Jesus tells us to ignore the rest of the bible? In John 3? Do tell. Explain how we eliminate the rest of scripture by taking one verse out of context?

Reactions: faithfulness

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus tells us to ignore the rest of the bible? In John 3? Do tell. Explain how we eliminate the rest of scripture by taking one verse out of context?
Out of Context?

So jesus tells us we HAVe to be born again

He tells us WHAT IT IS to be born again

then he tells us HOW to be born again

And you claim it is out of context. Sorry my friend, You call it out of context because it rejects your gospel of which no one will ever be born again..

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Out of Context?

So jesus tells us we HAVe to be born again

He tells us WHAT IT IS to be born again

then he tells us HOW to be born again

And you claim it is out of context. Sorry my friend, You call it out of context because it rejects your gospel of which no one will ever be born again..
You forgot to say "born again" a few more times. Someone who is brainwashed will repeat the mantra over and over without the slightest idea of what the words constitute.

You really do think you are greater than the Jews and that their fate does NOT serve as a warning to us.

Simply amazing...and very foolhardy.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How much of the bible have you read? The bible literacy here is amazingly lacking.

Read Hebrews 4 (and how the gospel was also preached to the Israelites in the wilderness), read Romans 11 (about we also being cut off as they were). I have only posted this dozens of times.

Did the Israelites not drink from the spiritual rock which is Christ ((1 Corinthians 10:4). ???
Don't just turn to ad hominem, you demean yourself, and demean this forum. It's a shallow dodge and it is not going to work. I'll just point it out when you do it, and then go on to reply.

Where in the Bible does it tell us that Rebirth happened to the Israelites who left Egypt? The fact is, it doesn't.

Jeremiah and Ezekiel both prophesied the internal change of rebirth in the new covenant as yet future to their prophecies. Rebirth is in joining Jesus in His death, and He had not yet died. And there is not one single word in the Bible that teaches that the Jews in the wilderness were regenerated.

Don't try to hide by claiming a lack of Bible literacy in others, rather, demonstrate your own by showing us the passage which says what you claim.

Alluding to passages which speak of other things is a shallow cover also. It won't hide you. I know what those passages say, and they don't support your claim. But if you think they do, then post the quote, show me, show all of us, where it is written, what you claim.

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When you say the "born again" or as others put it "all believers"...does that mean the wise or the foolish virgins?

Being born again is the same as being a Jew in the wilderness. read your bible.

The Foolish Virgin's are a story.. They are symbolic........so, why don't you understand this. ?
And to come here now and say..>"oh well, i knew that" is typical of your behavior in your Threads.

A Jew in the Wilderness, is again, something that is symbolic.

I had no idea that you literally dont understand what it means to be born again. "in Christ"., as you just stated your 2 examples of "born again< and as usual there is No Christ, No Cross, no Grace of God, no Blood Atonement and the New Covenant is missing, as usual., Episkopos.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don't just turn insulting, you only demean yourself. It's a shallow dodge and is not going to work. I'll just point it out when you do it, and then go on to reply.

Where in the Bible does it tell us that Rebirth happened to the Israelites who left Egypt? The fact is, it doesn't, and anyone with Bible literacy should know that. If you are Bible literate, you will know that.

The Israelites were the natural branches. We, Gentiles are the wild branches grafted in through a spiritual birth into Israel., They had a physical birth...a physical promised land...and a physical rejection due to unbelief.

This is going to go WAY over your head... but..

We have have a spiritual birth into Israel ...to run the race to a spiritual promised land (Zion) ...with a spiritual rejection that will be made physical on judgment day.
Jeremiah and Ezekiel both prophesied the internal change of rebirth in the new covenant as yet future to their prophecies. Rebirth is in joining Jesus in His death, and He had not yet died. And there is no one single word in the Bible that teaches that the Jews in the wilderness were regenerated.

You are missing the parallel...as it is laid out in the NT by Paul. Most of we modern believers will be cut off...sent into outer darkness. And nobody seems to care...
Don't try to hide by claiming a lack of Bible literacy in others, rather, demonstrate your own by showing us the passage which says what you claim.

You are not paying any attention to what you are blind to. Why would we be cut off as they were? Why are they examples for us?
Alluding to passages which speak of other things is a shallow cover also. It won't hide you. I know what those passages say, and they don't support your claim. But if you think they do, then post the quote, show me, show all of us, where it is written, what you claim.

Much love!
hey...stay as you are.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot to say "born again" a few more times. Someone who is brainwashed will repeat the mantra over and over without the slightest idea of what the words constitute.

You really do think you are greater than the Jews and that their fate does NOT serve as a warning to us.

Simply amazing...and very foolhardy.
You think your better than everyone.

They rejected christ because they di dnot think they needed to be born again. They thought they were ok. Evidently you do to. With your universal gospel

Jesus said it, He did nto shudder. Unless you can explain John 3 in some other way. Which you are free to do.. Yu have nothing but words..

Her you go, Go ahead and show us what jesus meant..

Or continue to ignore. And show your own ignorance.

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born [a]again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”

10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man [b]who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should [c]not perish buthave eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God

Go right ahead and show how Jesus did not tell us what it means (born of water and spirit) a

and he did not tell us how to be born again (whoever believes will not perish but live forever, he who believes is not condemned, he who believes is condemned already)

show us your wisdom.. since you claim to hear direct from God. He shoud be able to show you

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone else notice how epi never likes to look at passage which speak of this new birth. This justification. This passing from life to death based on the redemption purchased by the blood of Christ..

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Anyone else notice how epi never likes to look at passage which speak of this new birth. This justification. This passing from life to death based on the redemption purchased by the blood of Christ..
Anyone notice that those who seek to justify themselves because of their religious bent will ONLY look at passages that soothe their own egos? Notice how a mantra based on the words "born again" causes a state of catatonic euphoria where it becomes impossible to distinguish the meanings of any of the words of the bible?

Can you say ...stored up for judgment?

Don't worry...just turn to the person on your right and say..."saved" and "born again" a dozen times...and you'll drift back into spiritual slumber.

Do you have a special word that breaks the spell?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't just turn to ad hominem, you demean yourself, and demean this forum. It's a shallow dodge and it is not going to work. I'll just point it out when you do it, and then go on to reply.

Where in the Bible does it tell us that Rebirth happened to the Israelites who left Egypt? The fact is, it doesn't.

Jeremiah and Ezekiel both prophesied the internal change of rebirth in the new covenant as yet future to their prophecies. Rebirth is in joining Jesus in His death, and He had not yet died. And there is not one single word in the Bible that teaches that the Jews in the wilderness were regenerated.

Much love!
Jesus own disciples were not even born again until Pentecost. The person has no idea what it means to be born again . Like you allude to it was a future event told by the prophets in the O.T. Fulfilled on the day of Pentecost as Jesus promised His followers. Plus the person cannot tell anyone what the gospel is or means .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he Israelites were the natural branches. We, Gentiles are the wild branches grafted in through a spiritual birth into Israel., They had a physical birth...a physical promised land...and a physical rejection due to unbelief.

This is going to go WAY over your head... but..

We have have a spiritual birth into Israel ...to run the race to a spiritual promised land (Zion) ...with a spiritual rejection that will be made physical on judgment day.
I'm talking about quoting passages of the Bible that teach us about rebirth, and that teach us about Israel. I'm not asking for opinions and sophistry. Post the Scriptures which tell us that the Israelites in the wilderness were regenerated. But I know you cannot. It's not there. That's not the Bible's teaching.

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone notice that those who seek to justify themselves because of their religious bent will ONLY look at passages that soothe their own egos? Notice how a mantra based on the words "born again" causes a state of catatonic euphoria where it becomes impossible to distinguish the meanings of any of the words of the bible?

Can you say ...stored up for judgment?

Don't worry...just turn to the person on your right and say..."saved" and "born again" a dozen times...and you'll drift back into spiritual slumber.

Do you have a special word that breaks the spell?
See, He did not explain to us John 3. He just went on another rant.

dude, Until you can start explaining scripture. You have nothing but your ego..

You’re the one looking at passages that suit your ego. I can take any passage you give me and explain it to you. You only try to pick the ones you think support you

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus own disciples were not even born again until Pentecost. The person has no idea what it means to be born again . Like you allude to it was a future event told by the prophets in the O.T. Fulfilled on the day of Pentecost as Jesus promised His followers. Plus the person cannot tell anyone what the gospel is or means .
Abraham believed God and it was counted as righteous,

He was born again,, He did not remain dead in his sin. He was made alive

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I didn't realize how "special" you are. You are obviously way more special than the Israelites in the wilderness. It's a good thing Jesus is there to take away God's wrath on you. :rolleyes:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm talking about quoting passages of the Bible that teach us about rebirth, and that teach us about Israel. I'm not asking for opinions and sophistry. Post the Scriptures which tell us that the Israelites in the wilderness were regenerated. But I know you cannot. It's not there. That's not the Bible's teaching.

Much love!
They did not even make it to the promised land.. because of their unbelief.

but since Epi does not comprehend what new birth does. He will never understand that..

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't realize how "special" you are. You are obviously way more special than the Israelites in the wilderness. It's a good thing Jesus is there to take away God's wrath on you. :rolleyes:
What I am is more biblical than you epi. I base my beliefs on scripture not experience.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Much love!
Why are you so obsessed with being regenerated? Do you think that makes you more special to God? You have thrown out the rest of the Bible..the counsel of God, the warnings of God and all the apostles and prophets....because you are regenerated???

Do you realize how foolish that is????

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you so obsessed with being regenerated? Do you think that makes you more special to God? You have thrown out the rest of the Bible..the counsel of God, the warnings of God and all the apostles and prophets....because you are regenerated???

Projecting again since you cannot defend your beliefs with scripture which is why your posts seldom have anything from the Bible .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And here we go

Epi does not believe we need to be regenerated.. we can be reconciled to God while still dead in sin.

Heresy!!!!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. Titus 3:5
    not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit

If you’re not regenerated. You’re not saved, If you’re not saved, Your headed for hell. With satan and his angels.

period.