What is your best argument for the existence of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Subjective? You don't think the Lord solves my problems for me?

Be reasonable. From the perspective of intelligent people like Carl Sagan,
Michio Kaku, Neal deGrasse Tyson, and Michelle Thaller; folks with stories
like yours are delusional kooks. It's nothing personal, it's just science.
_

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have to exist, to be able to say "God doesn't"

What is your best argument for the existence of God?​

Our existence.
Yes, but what is special about that?

If there is a change of character that is commendable, that is worth considering - but being, for being's sake? Even the Devil can do that!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

OP^

IF Not the Lord God Almighty...then Who? And your best argument?

Reactions: Gottservant

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The VIDEO ~
Is an self-proclaimed Atheist, examining positions and teachings of believing men, and giving an analysis according to his own METHODOLOGICAL understanding....

Belief is NOT about LOGIC, the MIND, a named RELIGION OR FORCING one mans DESIRE to be another mans DESIRE.

Seeing and Hearing is the most BASIC first step of communication.
DESIRE is the most BASIC first step of Believing.
CURIOSITY is the the most BASIC Instinct of mankind.

Not a newsflash...God is Invisible. Unable to be SEEN and TAINTED by the eyes of the unholy to even Look upon Him.

However....Gods Creations are Openly Visible for every seeing eye of manKIND to See, Hear, Taste, Smell, Touch, Feel......(communication senses) to experience.

A man experiencing .... Seeing the sky’s, Hearing a thunder clap, smelling the air, touching the earth, feeling the sunshine.... Does Not require LOGIC to comprehend they have had those experiences.

And men can mimic...making things to See, sounds to Hear, odors to Smell, products to Touch, products to Feel...AND mindful LOGICAL explanations can easily be revealed...

Point being...A man can only mimic....and what he mimics CAN only be, by, through, of .... Gods creations. Dirt, Minerals, Air, Plants, Water, Lightening, etc. can be manipulated by man, but not created by man.

BELIEF, is about an INDIVIDUAL mans HEARTFUL DESIRE.

Sure, some men will have a Mindful Logical desire....as even the video was revealing.

However EVERY human Has TWO thought processes:
* THE MIND....that processes KNOWLEDGE, weighs between THIS and THAT Options. Deciding which OPTION “as they say, makes the most sense”, for a beneficial (to them) result....And tomorrow, gain more knowledge...and believe This instead of That...”as they say, Changed their MIND”.
* THE HEARTS THOUGHTS....has Landed on KNOWLEDGE of his TRUTH, without AN OPTION of “this OR that”. That TRUTH, remains constant.

And NO DOUBT, even the mans Hearts thoughts are UNDER ATTACK.
Meaning....
Historically a man...had no doubt...who God is, who the Lord is , who his master is, who his dad is, who his mom is, what his name is, what his gender is.....and today? Pfff Even those Truths are advocated to ignore the TRUTH and pick your own.

Straight OUT....Gods WAY....IS: the Lord God Himself, will HEAR the True Heartful Desire Of EVERY man....
Be IT...to BELIEVE IN the Lord God....
Be IT...to BELIEVE IN any other god...
God SHALL fulfill EVERY mans Heartful Desire.

So, CAN I convince another man TO CHANGE his own Heartful Truth and Desire? No.

There ARE ONLY TWO “types” of men. (Matt 12:30)
1) WITH God
2) AGAINST God

A man who says, it doesn’t MAKE SENSE to believe.
That is TRUE. Again, God is listening to the Heart’s Truth and Desire...
Not a mans LOGICAL mindful wonderings....which BTW, is an Atheists Plea...

For a Logical explanation, of proof.

The amusing thing is; UNDERSTANDING, of ANYTHING, does NOT proceed the Knowledge and Belief!

Even a child WILL NOT understand 1+1 = 2....until they know and believe
1+1= 2.

So to an Atheist who is demanding PROOF of God....(first thing is to IGNORE their “LIST” of renown scholars views, and not fall into the TRAP, of their TERMS and LIMITS and ASK:
what is their true heart’s desire.

Glory to God,
Taken

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

_
It doesn't matter what Car Sagan and company think. Like I said before, we can lead them to water. It's up to them to drink.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

_
But does Reality lie with such supposedly intelligent people rather with God?

Consider what I posted to @Mark or @bbyrd009 a couple of years ago:

Perfect science lines up perfectly with God. We do not have perfect understanding of science, nor do we have a perfect understanding of God. The only way to get a perfect understanding of science, in my opinion, is to have a perfect understanding of God. That perfect understanding of God can only come to us from God through His Son, Jesus.

Man has apparently accomplished marvels, but his ability to progress is hindered, limited and in error when he fails to understand the source and creator of everything. To the extent that any of us does not understand our Creator, we are hindered, limited and in error. Man is deluded when he fails to have a love for the Truth [see II Thess 2:10-1].

Man's seemingly wondrous achievements without seeking God's kingdom first, amount to castles built upon foundations of sand that will pass away:

"But the rich [in the things of man, including the results of scientific works without the input of God], in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away." James 1:10

What we describe as great technological advances accomplished without God's input are ultimately nothing before Him.

"And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away." Matt 21:19

Jesus summarized the law and the prophets in the two great commandments:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them," Matt 27:37-41

What man does without any part of God is utter darkness no matter how bright it may appear to our flesh!

Man may think that through science he is overcoming the world, but without Jesus no one is even scratching the surface toward overcoming. The ones who are beginning to overcome are those who are beginning to see His face.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But does Reality lie with such supposedly intelligent people rather with God?

They might like to ask you a similar question in return:

"Does reality align with religious fanatics rather than science and empirical
evidence"
_

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some years ago an individual on a different site informed me that he knew
God was real because he talked with Him just that morning.

So I asked this person: what was the timbre of God's voice; was it basso,
bass, baritone, or tenor? Did He speak loud, medium, or soft? Were His

words rapid fire or slow enough that you could keep up? Did He speak
with an accent?

Well; the man scorned me as an unbeliever and a wise guy.

Others have informed that they hear God in their minds as a still small voice
when they pray. Well; I have to suggest to those folk that they consult a
mental health professional because hearing voices in one's head is a
symptom of schizophrenia; but more often it's likely just people's
imaginations running away with them.

Too many religious fanatics spout clichés and ridiculous statements without
stopping to consider how demented they sound to the folks who hear them.
_

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It only because of hearing of the word, and the understanding of Faith and learning whom God was, and who God had sent, changed my heart a lot from the hateful hurtful person that I use to be, which is still being carried around but Christ suppresses the flesh by the Holy Spirit of God, and the Spirit of Christ that resides with-in the believer from the heart. Having a relationship in faith with God, and seeing out his face, by learning and growing in knowledge because it is said.

Proverbs 19:8 KJV
8 He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good.

In other words, your personal experience— but bolstered with the submission of the evidence of a changed life.

You changed because of your personal encounter and subsequent relationship.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They might like to ask you a similar question in return:

"Does reality align with religious fanatics rather than science and empirical
evidence"
_
That reminds me of the story about the group of blind men arguing over how to describe an elephant.
  • Is reality only EMPIRICAL?
  • Is reality only SPIRITUAL (metaphysical)?
  • Is reality BOTH?
A blind man asked his blind friends what an elephant was like. His friends did not know. So, they found an elephant.
One of the men was holding the trunk and said, “An elephant is like a snake.”
Another was holding the ear. “An elephant is like a fan.”
A third was holding a leg. “An elephant is like a tree.”
Still, a fourth was holding the tail and replied, “An elephant is like a broom.”
The blind men began to yell at each other, claiming the others were all wrong, and they could not come to any agreement.

So, the elephant took it upon himself to become a blind man. He tried gently to let them know what he was like, expressing as best he could the mystery that is an elephant to men who cannot see. But the blind men disagreed with him also, rejecting the truth of the elephant and then ultimately killing the elephant who became a blind man.

A blind but insane friend of the blind men heard the commotion and came where they were. They explained to him what had happened, and he offered two ideas: there is no elephant, or they were all correct. Each blind man chose an idea for himself, and they all became a-elephant-ists or new age relativists.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the best argument for God's existence?
The best argument for God's existence is, itself, a False Alternative.

Imagine, you are a child by the water's edge, admiring the sun getting close to sunset when suddenly a big fish jumps out of the water right in front of you and disappears into the abyss. In awe, you tell all who will listen what you experienced. The fools ask you what is your best argument that it happened.

No argument can win over experience.

And God set it up this way for the unbelievers. Your looking for an argument but we have an experience. This is why the Bible has many references to witnesses and testimony. Being not of God, the unbelievers want to divert attention and substitute the witnesses and testimony to argument.

In light of all this, what argument will you accept?

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen and Mr E

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be the Moral Argument, which fared worst in the video presentation. (bottom of the list)
Personally, I think Creation, and your innate sense of right and wrong, these prove God's existence, and His just nature.

Much love!

Reactions: St. SteVen

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If God was the Devil, He would prevent us from knowing him.

We would have to disobey, in order to reveal him.

The question is, could he prevent us from knowing him perfectly?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. You just touched on something that I think is critical to the argument.

Nothing is more convincing than the personal experience argument, as when the experience is YOUR OWN.

While I tend to agree with that, your athirst source does not. He considers that a weak position, without recognizing that it is the very basis of his atheist ‘beliefs.’ His lack of any personal experience.

It’s kind of laughable when an atheist argues that your personal experience is ‘from ignorance’ when that is the only place from which their own arguments can be formulated— the honest ones will admit and concede this point.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I met him ('Road to Damascus'-esque).
That is MY BEST argument, but it doesn't transfer well to others. ;)
I had a similar experience. I was a serious atheist until God revealed Himself to me personally.

Reactions: Mr E

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pick from the tiers in this video, or present your own. Thanks.

WARNING --- You may find this video challenging, or even offensive.
Viewer discretion is advised.

Want to know how to prove that God exists, or how to convince an atheist of God's existence? This tier list may shed light on the difficulties in doing that, and the tools at your disposal.

What is the best argument for God's existence? Although I haven't yet found any which are without error, some arguments are better, or more convincing, than others. Apologetics can appear dry on the surface, but they're fascinating upon closer inspection. These arguments often sneak in false premises and tricky debate tactics which many don't catch. Here, though, I've analyzed some of the most popular arguments for God, charted their stats, examined their special abilities, and ranked them accordingly.

The arguments discussed here are, in no particular order:
- The Ontological Argument,
- The Argument from Personal Experience,
- The Kalam Cosmological Argument,
- the Teleological Argument,
- Paschal's Wager, and
- the Moral Argument.
No argument really. It boils down to one simple question:

If we were all born into a large room like an auditorium with no windows or doors, who in the room having never seen or been outside the room could actually tell everyone what is outside--a teacher from inside, a scientist, a philosopher, a politician, a wise man, or a born leader--could anyone?
Actually? No.
Thus, the only way that anyone could actually know what is outside or beyond the interior of the room, and likewise this world and regarding God...is if the information were to come in from the outside--and that is what the Bible is. It is a written record of firsthand testimony of witnesses who have heard directly from the outside, most of which were independently recorded sometimes hundred of years apart unbeknownst to each other, but agree with each other, qualifying each as the establishment of fact.

Last edited: