What is your gift?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Ally.s.j

Well brother , in post #1 and post #2 you ask for people to respond.
I read your posts and had no desire to respond...because for some reason when people respond to your posts you snap and "bite their noses off".
Why would I wish to respond knowing how harshly you reply.
You are hardly "warm , friendly, or inviting"!!!

Yes, I have moved in the gifts for many decades.
The gifts are not something "we have in our pocket" and pull out to play with when we wish to. The gifts are -" the gifts of the Spirit"..yes we have gifts spread amongst us The Body, by the Spirit ...and at any given time the Holy Spirit moves deep within us and we become aware of one of the gifts stirring within us..
He then speaks or moves though us toward the person or persons that God desires to speak to or touch .
That is my experience in God.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all cleaned toilets . Thats not your calling. Callous as YOU think or not. Facts are facts. I already stated my porpose.
Jesus never worked as a serventrcleaning poepels feet he spent ten minutes cleaning a few feet to show you how to really make yourself less than others.
You seem awfull hurt man whats up? I asked a simple question that I know most cant come back and give an honest aswer and you still never done what I asked. I dont know why you cant give a stright answer. If you dont want to why bother pisting at all. All it looks like is you are ghere to disrupt a vert good question. Maybe you are also one who cant answer as you have no gift to walk in. If thats the case dont get your knickers in a twist about my replys.
Usually when a person starts out a thread such as this, they would state their own gifts first and tell us how they know they have this gift.
You've given us no examples.
Does that mean you don't know if you have any gifts?
I bet you do.

Reactions: Helen

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have gifts.
prophesy
teaching
exhortation
giving
word of wisdom
word of knowledge
faith discerning of spirits
tongues
helping
speaking
serving
hospitality

And probably more.
I always ask God for more.
Some of these gifts only show up occassionally
some show up continually
But I recognize them as gifts from God
And yes, I have asked for all of them.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's true that most people don't know their gifts and many people don't know what the gifts are, thus not recognizing them in themselves and others.
Small house groups are a great way to learn these things and build each other up in the faith.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it's true that most people don't know their gifts and many people don't know what the gifts are, thus not recognizing them in themselves and others.
Small house groups are a great way to learn these things and build each other up in the faith.

Totally agree..we got our feet wet back in the 70' House Group Movement.
I see the major problem these days is ...we have the blind ( impotent) leading the blind. The majority of leadership are ignorant of the gifts, therefore they don't move in the gifts, meaning their spiritual offspring also have no idea how to move in the gifts...

And we wonder why the world sees the Church as useless and powerless....for the most part.. .IT IS!!!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But you did respond
@Ally.s.j

Well brother , in post #1 and post #2 you ask for people to respond.
I read your posts and had no desire to respond...because for some reason when people respond to your posts you snap and "bite their noses off".
Why would I wish to respond knowing how harshly you reply.
You are hardly "warm , friendly, or inviting"!!!

Yes, I have moved in the gifts for many decades.
The gifts are not something "we have in our pocket" and pull out to play with when we wish to. The gifts are -" the gifts of the Spirit"..yes we have gifts spread amongst us The Body, by the Spirit ...and at any given time the Holy Spirit moves deep within us and we become aware of one of the gifts stirring within us..
He then speaks or moves though us toward the person or persons that God desires to speak to or touch .
That is my experience in God.
But once again you did respond. Where did you get the understanding thats its only when the Holy Ghost decides to move?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But you did respond

But once again you did respond. Where did you get the understanding thats its only when the Holy Ghost decides to move?

Amazingly I got it from Jesus...it says- He only said and did what He saw heard His Father say and do.
And Roman's 8:14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."
You my dear are younger ( 52) than both my daughters!! I am sure I have seen and done much more than you ever have...but I don't brag on it like you seem to enjoy doing, ..neither do I bully other people to do what I do.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please quote me bragging.
Amazingly I got it from Jesus...it says- He only said and did what He saw heard His Father say and do.
And Roman's 8:14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."
You my dear are younger ( 52) than both my daughters!! I am sure I have seen and done much more than you ever have...but I don't brag on it like you seem to enjoy doing, ..neither do I bully other people to do what I do.

The scriptrure you are quoting does not say wait to be lead. Thats what you said you do. That is not waht that scripture says. You have a green light to lay hands on any one at any time or bless anyone or give a word of encouragement at any time, So I am sorry your not told to wait to lay hands on the sick. I see people like you get a little hurt make many accusations and then back it up =with the wrong scripture. At your age I would have expected you to have dome more than me obviously. Now whos bragging? Now to bullinging. If I say you wrong and I can back it up with Gods word. How is that bulling? But if you on the other hands bring scripture and try and make it fit what YOU think wrongly. Then you come and tell me this is correct. That is a form of bullying. Once again I will ask you in front of the whole forum show me where I was bragging?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
once again I will ask you in front of the whole forum show me where I was bragging?

I'm not going there...and I don't 'have' to or wish to..scroll through all your posts and find all the post number and which threads...that's like too much hard work plus I'm not interested enough to do so. It sound so childish.

So it's best in future if we just enjoy the forum and keep out of each other way.

So far I've found trying to post to you has proved unprofitable. So I will just 'call it a day' where you are concerned.

Have a good one.
Over and Out!

Reactions: truthquest and pia

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thats what I thought you would say. So stop telling lies. You were wrong with the scripture and wrong in your accusations Not a great example of Christ

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Ally wins tonight’s ‘ignore me from this day forth’ award

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...Every single gift God has poured out through his Spirit is mine, however, not all gifts are used all the time. They are available through the Spirit's leading for the purpose of the salvation message.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...Every single gift God has poured out through his Spirit is mine, however, not all gifts are used all the time. They are available through the Spirit's leading for the purpose of the salvation message.

The scripture you quoted is a fact. Then you added your opinion on the leading part. That is not from scripture so why would you say that? My experiance tells me people hide behind that lie