What is your hope in dark times of your life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Jackie D;42122)
I'm not trying to insult you....you yourself in many posts have used the old excuse that it was people and God who have caused you to walk away from having faith.
People no - although they have had some hand in it, they aren't to "blame". I have a mind of my own.God yes to a certain degree, however not in a "this is all your fault" way. Remember, I'm still in my questioning of things... why did allow such things to happen? why didn't he answer? where was he?Remember also, I haven't yet walked away - otherwise I wouldn't be here. I refuse to just let go just like that.
again, not trying to insult you at all...so what if he was a rich man in the first place, he was taken down to nothing, remained righteous and was restored. What appears to be evil in the eyes of man quite often has a hidden purpose until the end when God's glory shines through...so no, you aren't looking at the entire thing. Your focus is on accusing God of being evil and giving yourself leave to stay distanced from Him, IMO
I'm not giving myself leave of anything but I am capable of seeing, that it is evil to put someone through suffering like that.
I could say the same regarding the fact that you continually insult me by calling God evil, though you said that you were apologizing to me for it.
I didn't say God was evil. I said "that's evil".
I'm just being real with you Pildit. This matter to me has more importance for your life than whether you think I'm being compassionate about feelings that cannot be relied upon. Let go of the feelings you have about what has happened in the past and look for things that He would give you, such as real belief. He will give you what you are asking for, if you go to Him for it.
Things in my past are all in question right now, not because of the bad things that happened but because I believed through all of it (bar the last 1-2 years when I started to question).
You are looking for God it is obvious, you have not denied it....the problem is, you are looking to people to provide what has already been shown to you and they have proven to you that they cannot do it. Only God can...where you need to be looking is in prayer and in reading the bible with an open mind and heart. I'm saying this with complete and total compassion for you. Ask God to help and stop looking for reasons to dispute His reality. Man is never going to be able to prove God to you as God can.....with much love and blessings for you...
You've read my other posts I'm lead to believe therefore you should already know this isn't the only way I'm searching.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Pildit;42123)
People no - although they have had some hand in it, they aren't to "blame". I have a mind of my own.God yes to a certain degree, however not in a "this is all your fault" way. Remember, I'm still in my questioning of things... why did allow such things to happen? why didn't he answer? where was he?Remember also, I haven't yet walked away - otherwise I wouldn't be here. I refuse to just let go just like that.
good and praise God
smile.gif

I'm not giving myself leave of anything but I am capable of seeing, that it is evil to put someone through suffering like that.
Pildit God does not commit evil acts, not ever. Each and everything is done for the purpose of His glory to be seen and to shine through the darkness of this world.....there is always very good and sound reason for what God does, man cannot understand His ways. This is where trust is of the utmost importance.
I didn't say God was evil. I said "that's evil".
there is no difference, if I do something that is evil, the moment I am doing it I AM evil. A house divided cannot stand.
Things in my past are all in question right now, not because of the bad things that happened but because I believed through all of it (bar the last 1-2 years when I started to question).
He who began a good work in you, will be faithful to complete it. You will get there, because His promise is to never leave a good work undone.
You've read my other posts I'm lead to believe therefore you should already know this isn't the only way I'm searching.
good! I am glad that you aren't.Again, I will continue to pray :pray3:and talk with you :blessyou:and I am sorry if you felt I was being unkind or insulting, it was not intended to be so...be blessed sister