What is your short story or one sentence, Why Do You love God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A fellow Arizonan!

Along the lines of what you suggest, my overarching response to God is one of gratitude - for His creation, for the opportunity to be part of it, for the opportunity to experience the best and worst of what life has to offer, for being able to experience and give love, and hopefully to one day be part of His eternal kingdom.

When Paul says to pray continually, I believe that maintaining this attitude of gratitude is what he's talking about.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 4:10 This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

”True love is God’s love for us, not our love for God. He sent his Son as the way to take away our sins.“
‭‭1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭10‬ ‭ERV‬‬

• Love
Reactions: Lambano and walter

walter

Feb 24, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A fellow Arizonan!

Along the lines of what you suggest, my overarching response to God is one of gratitude - for His creation, for the opportunity to be part of it, for the opportunity to experience the best and worst of what life has to offer, for being able to experience and give love, and hopefully to one day be part of His eternal kingdom.

When Paul says to pray continually, I believe that maintaining this attitude of gratitude is what he's talking about.
Hello fellow Arizona, your comments I couldn't agree with you more, right on Target!

Reactions: O'Darby

walter

Feb 24, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 4:10 This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

”True love is God’s love for us, not our love for God. He sent his Son as the way to take away our sins.“
God and his son must love us very much to do all that for us. I agree that it is True Love.

Reactions: Lambano

walter

Feb 24, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thank him every day for the beauty around me; the new growth on the trees, the lovely spring flowers and just this evening a beautiful full moon.
He not only gives us eyesight in color, but he gives us all the beautiful things you mentioned to look at, I agree with you.

Reactions: Lambano and Pearl

walter

Feb 24, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One reason I love God is that he is always there. And he's showing me the way.
This is my favorite scripture, would you share your favorite one please?

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. NLT --Isaiah 41:10 :hearteyes:

walter

Feb 24, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A fellow Arizonan!

Hello, do you have a favorite scripture that brings you Joy or Encouragement?

walter

Feb 24, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

walter

Feb 24, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thank him every day for the beauty around me; the new growth on the trees, the lovely spring flowers and just this evening a beautiful full moon.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my favorite scripture, would you share your favorite one please?

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. NLT --Isaiah 41:10 :hearteyes:
I have at least two:

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matthew 4:17 RSV (I believe heaven is already here.)

Pray constantly. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 RSV

• Love
Reactions: Lambano and walter

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There would be to much to share. It’s Jesus in which is where joy and rest for one’s soul can be found.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cad800bbd4d445e114c225bd36a04c34.jpg

• Love
Reactions: MatthewG and walter

walter

Feb 24, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank You for the two nice scriptures you already have given. :hearteyes:

Reactions: MatthewG