What is your world view today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My view of the world stands in light of scripture, (God has reconciled the world unto him through Christ.) What this resembles to me is world peace with God, however God did not get rid of darkness, or evil, he allowed people to choose good or evil. Just as humankind did in the Garden. It’s been restored… most people don’t see it though, through indoctrination of Jesus is still coming back, and that Satan has not been gotten rid off, and because we live in the last days… we need to be in fear!

Being in fear? Of what! The fact you are gonna die? That is a given… you alone are responsible for yourself in front of your Father who adopted you into the Kingdom and transferred you into the Kingdom of his Son, which Light starts to protrude through the darkness, washing it away. You could say the Bible is like scrubbing bubbles the more one gets into it, the more that the Lord God and Jesus makes you desire more holy things instead of darkness.

Sometimes people need the fear of God, which is you better change or your going to hell! While I believe hell was viable for a while it’s not over and done with, leaving the ability for those who exist outside the city gates of the heavenly Jerusalem are there because God desires for them to reside there. And the residence decides to reside there too.

With all this to think about, I believe all human being are capable of evil. And it’s learned at a very young age. Satan was a representation of that which pure evil which was influenced by the darkness which existed in the beginning with God. Darkness is the abstract of light, and God visited the temple in the clouds of darkness though there is no darkness which reside in him. With Adam and Eve knowing good and evil, and we knowing good and evil from a young age. My overall world view is this.

God so loved the world, and through Christ he reconciled the world to himself. All sins have been paid for. There is nothing in this world that represents God other than his creation, that being you, and the animals, sky, land, and the stars above the heavens at night.

He calls to all people daily, through evil and through good. He over all desires for us to learn to live in these truths and to fortify our faith daily. Worship Yahavah in spirit and in truth and always looking to the good, and always by the spirit dealing with the bad, through supplication and prayers even if it doesn’t seem like a prayer is answered. Remember we can ask God to help us by the spirit, and that is still true to me, which Jesus spoke in asking for help with. To overcome one’s temptations and to be able to be free in Christ and not bondage to man.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
”We know that our body—the tent we live in here on earth—will be destroyed. But when that happens, God will have a home for us to live in.

It will not be the kind of home people build here. It will be a home in heaven that will continue forever. But now we are tired of this body.

We want God to give us our heavenly home. It will clothe us and we will not be naked.

While we live in this tent, we have burdens and so we complain. I don’t mean that we want to remove this tent, but we want to be clothed with our heavenly home.

Then this body that dies will be covered with life. This is what God himself made us for.

And he has given us the Spirit as the first payment to guarantee the life to come. So we always have confidence. We know that while we live in this body, we are away from the Lord. We live by what we believe will happen, not by what we can see.

So I say that we have confidence. And we really want to be away from this body and be at home with the Lord. Our only goal is to always please the Lord, whether we are living here in this body or there with him. We must all stand before Christ to be judged.

Everyone will get what they should. They will be paid for whatever they did—good or bad—when they lived in this earthly body. We know what it means to fear the Lord, so we try to help people accept the truth.

God knows what we really are, and I hope that in your hearts you know us too.

We are not trying to prove ourselves to you again. But we are telling you about ourselves.

We are giving you reasons to be proud of us. Then you will have an answer for those who are proud about what can be seen.

They don’t care about what is in a person’s heart.

If we are crazy, it is for God. If we have our right mind, it is for you.

The love of Christ controls us, because we know that one person died for everyone. So all have died.

He died for all so that those who live would not continue to live for themselves. He died for them and was raised from death so that they would live for him. From this time on we don’t think of anyone as the world thinks of people. It is true that in the past we thought of Christ as the world thinks. But we don’t think that way now.

When anyone is in Christ, it is a whole new world.

The old things are gone; suddenly, everything is new! All this is from God.

Through Christ, God made peace between himself and us.

And God gave us the work of bringing people into peace with him. I mean that God was in Christ, making peace between the world and himself. In Christ, God did not hold people guilty for their sins. And he gave us this message of peace to tell people. So we have been sent to speak for Christ.

It is like God is calling to people through us. We speak for Christ when we beg you to be at peace with God. Christ had no sin, but God made him become sin so that in Christ we could be right with God.“
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭21‬ ‭ERV‬‬

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My view of the world is this:

It waxes worse and worse every second IMHO. The things happening in this world by ungodly people now are beyond the pale! Everything goes and nobody keeps God in their hearts and minds but, take pleasure in idols and their own thoughts, as far off the narrow path as can be...JMHO me bro! :)

2 Peter 3:10-13

"10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.
11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives
12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.
13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells."

I see none of this happening or has happened yet.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It waxes worse and worse every second IMHO. The things happening in this world by ungodly people now are beyond the pale! Everything goes and nobody keeps God in their hearts and minds but, take pleasure in idols and their own thoughts, as far off the narrow path as can be...JMHO me bro! :)
I agree, but I think what @MatthewG is getting at is the notion that this can all be explained in terms of human evil. My lying eyes say absolutely not. I've said previously that if I had never had any interest whatsoever in Christianity, what has inexplicably taken place over my lifetime - a wave of insanity and evil that I believe can only be explained in supernatural terms - would have started me thinking seriously about the possibility there might be some reality to Christianity. When I see people as old as me caught up in movements and ways of thinking that would have been considered IMPOSSIBLE 50 years ago, I have no mundane explanation. It seems to me the creation has rapidly gone from "fallen" to "over the cliff" in exactly the manner of escalating labor pains that Jesus talked about.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Peter 3:10-13

"10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.
11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives
12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.
13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells."

I see none of this happening or has happened yet.
All things in Christ is a whole new world. Love to you always.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, but I think what @MatthewG is getting at is the notion that this can all be explained in terms of human evil. My lying eyes say absolutely not. I've said previously that if I had never had any interest whatsoever in Christianity, what has inexplicably taken place over my lifetime - a wave of insanity and evil that I believe can only be explained in supernatural terms - would have started me thinking seriously about the possibility there might be some reality to Christianity. When I see people as old as me caught up in movements and ways of thinking that would have been considered IMPOSSIBLE 50 years ago, I have no mundane explanation. It seems to me the creation has rapidly gone from "fallen" to "over the cliff" in exactly the manner of escalating labor pains that Jesus talked about.
People must make up there mind.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My view of the world is that it is dangerous and dark but there is a Light in the darkness and if we keep close to that light we will be okay.
Peace seems to be found here though with our groanings, of desire to leave here. Sometimes we better off here for benefit of others. Right?

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People must make up there mind.
But my mind does not exist apart from my eyes. This is the problem with excessive reliance on the Bible (and especially one's own interpretation, as though vast quantities of scholarship simply didn't exist). If there were no Bible at all, my mind and eyes would tell me this world is in the grip of escalating supernatural evil that can't be explained in mundane terms. Jesus described exactly what we are seeing, not a "whole new world."

Reactions: MatthewG and Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But my mind does not exist apart from my eyes. This is the problem with excessive reliance on the Bible (and especially one's own interpretation, as though vast quantities of scholarship simply didn't exist). If there were no Bible at all, my mind and eyes would tell me this world is in the grip of escalating supernatural evil that can't be explained in mundane terms. Jesus described exactly what we are seeing, not a "whole new world."
How does God move you? To be fearful? It’s a good thing we got a Bible, it is a gift for sure.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 4:

7 Dear friends, we should love each other, because love comes from God. Everyone who loves has become God’s child. And so everyone who loves knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love to us: He sent his only Son into the world to give us life through him. 10 True love is God’s love for us, not our love for God. He sent his Son as the way to take away our sins.

11 That is how much God loved us, dear friends! So we also must love each other. 12 No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us. If we love each other, God’s love has reached its goal—it is made perfect in us.

13 We know that we live in God and God lives in us. We know this because he gave us his Spirit. 14 We have seen that the Father sent his Son to be the Savior of the world, and this is what we tell people now. 15 Anyone who says, “I believe that Jesus is the Son of God,” is a person who lives in God, and God lives in that person. 16 So we know the love that God has for us, and we trust that love.

God is love. Everyone who lives in love lives in God, and God lives in them. 17 If God’s love is made perfect in us, we can be without fear on the day when God judges the world. We will be without fear, because in this world we are like Jesus.[a] 18 Where God’s love is, there is no fear, because God’s perfect love takes away fear. It is his punishment that makes a person fear. So his love is not made perfect in the one who has fear.

19 We love because God first loved us. 20 If we say we love God but hate any of our brothers or sisters in his family, we are liars. If we don’t love someone we have seen, how can we love God? We have never even seen him. 21 God gave us this command: If we love God, we must also love each other as brothers and sisters.

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does God move you? To be fearful? It’s a good thing we got a Bible, it is a gift for sure.
No, not to be fearful but to be realistic and accepting. I accept that the foreseeable future looks extremely bleak (I always say I'm glad I'm 74 and not 7.4 and won't be here in 50 years), but I accept that this is God's plan. I have trust in Him and what remains of this life and confidence and excitement about what awaits beyond this life. I have no idea why the evil that seems to be increasing in intensity like labor pains is God's plan, but the Bible tells us to expect this and I can't deny it's what I see. In fact, that's one of the uncanny things about the NT message. It could have easily been "The kingdom is here and things are gonna be GREAT from now on," but it's actually quite the opposite. You may know that postmillennialism used to be the predominant view, until reality forced those folks to admit that the way the world was going didn't look much like a Millennial Golden Age.

Reactions: Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not to be fearful but to be realistic and accepting. I accept that the foreseeable future looks extremely bleak (I always say I'm glad I'm 74 and not 7.4 and won't be here in 50 years), but I accept that this is God's plan. I have trust in Him and what remains of this life and confidence and excitement about what awaits beyond this life. I have no idea why the evil that seems to be increasing in intensity like labor pains is God's plan, but the Bible tells us to expect this and I can't deny it's what I see. In fact, that's one of the uncanny things about the NT message. It could have easily been "The kingdom is here and things are gonna be GREAT from now on," but it's actually quite the opposite. You may know that postmillennialism used to be the predominant view, until reality forced those folks to admit that the way the world was going didn't look much like a Millennial Golden Age.
When I turned the tv off, and desire God more. I tend to listen to music, attempt to make music, also reading, the news in the media these days is just more than trouble especially for already disrupted people who desire this or that. The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want? Something like that. I suppose I also do not have an active involvement with many others who are expecting this world is gonna end one day. Though I have heard many people tell me they believe we live before the tribulation and it will happen one day, so be ready. I even heard of people believing they believe they will be resurrected and live, 1,000 years again with Christ. So many different facets. All I can say is we as humans are evil, but thankful to be reconciled to God and raised to newness of life in the Lord Jesus Christ. And knowing God dwells in us now, and we build up for spiritual treasures in our heart, towards the heavenly things of God and not of the earth. Looking forward to being with God when leaving here but trying to help and encourage others to continue also to seek God and trust him, in faith. I love that God shows us his love by sending Jesus and we share this message with others to have joy.

Reactions: O'Darby

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My view of the world stands in light of scripture, (God has reconciled the world unto him through Christ.) What this resembles to me is world peace with God, however God did not get rid of darkness, or evil, he allowed people to choose good or evil. Just as humankind did in the Garden. It’s been restored… most people don’t see it though, through indoctrination of Jesus is still coming back, and that Satan has not been gotten rid off, and because we live in the last days… we need to be in fear!

Being in fear? Of what! The fact you are gonna die? That is a given… you alone are responsible for yourself in front of your Father who adopted you into the Kingdom and transferred you into the Kingdom of his Son, which Light starts to protrude through the darkness, washing it away. You could say the Bible is like scrubbing bubbles the more one gets into it, the more that the Lord God and Jesus makes you desire more holy things instead of darkness.

Sometimes people need the fear of God, which is you better change or your going to hell! While I believe hell was viable for a while it’s not over and done with, leaving the ability for those who exist outside the city gates of the heavenly Jerusalem are there because God desires for them to reside there. And the residence decides to reside there too.

With all this to think about, I believe all human being are capable of evil. And it’s learned at a very young age. Satan was a representation of that which pure evil which was influenced by the darkness which existed in the beginning with God. Darkness is the abstract of light, and God visited the temple in the clouds of darkness though there is no darkness which reside in him. With Adam and Eve knowing good and evil, and we knowing good and evil from a young age. My overall world view is this.

God so loved the world, and through Christ he reconciled the world to himself. All sins have been paid for. There is nothing in this world that represents God other than his creation, that being you, and the animals, sky, land, and the stars above the heavens at night.

He calls to all people daily, through evil and through good. He over all desires for us to learn to live in these truths and to fortify our faith daily. Worship Yahavah in spirit and in truth and always looking to the good, and always by the spirit dealing with the bad, through supplication and prayers even if it doesn’t seem like a prayer is answered. Remember we can ask God to help us by the spirit, and that is still true to me, which Jesus spoke in asking for help with. To overcome one’s temptations and to be able to be free in Christ and not bondage to man.
Love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves (Matthew 22:34-40).

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn’t hate this world though? Just people tend to hate either people, or the sins of other people?

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, as The Creator Says: society is death dealing, pernicious, dangerous, dirty.
But as followers of Jesus we may live in this dark world but we are not part of it because we have a spiritual home in Him who is the Light of the World.

Reactions: Jethro2

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sorry, you're deceived. Thinking that Satan doesn't exist is flat out wrong. In no way am I praising Satan or want to worship him. Acknowledging the devil is real is acknowledging God's power and all of his creation, and that you're in a battle. To not acknowledge this is to undermine God's power.

You're favoring parts in the scripture that you like and disregard other scriptures. That makes you a milk drinker. You lack spiritual meat and have not been weaned from the milk. The garden of Eden and the devil being rid of has not happened yet. Before Jesus comes back things have to get really bad. God is using Satan to chastise people for their sins/iniquity or wrongdoings. Christians are called to live a holy live, to the best of their ability. When people go outside the will of God, the devil has legal rights to do stuff to people. Satan is there when people sin against God or do evil. When people are attracting the works of darkness, he is there. Furthermore, the devil/Satan is there to tempt people, whether they be in the faith or lost in the world. Christians are to walk in the ways of God and abide in his statutes. The devil will try to get Christians to go outside the will of God. Satan is being used to do these things. There are scriptures that explain all of this. Why do you think we don't follow God like we want to? Because of the temptations from the power of Satan. Satan wants to get us to serve our flesh and do the things of the world or be like the world. To not acknowledge this is to ignore the fight. The devil is used by God until Christ puts an end to everything in this world. If you have Jesus in your life, and you believe the devil/Satan doesn't exist, it's having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof. From such, those who have awareness of the reality will have to turn away. Two cannot walk together except they be agreed.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t understand where believing Satan has been defeated is wrong?

People continue to assume I have said “I don’t believe the devil exist?” If he is defeated with his head crushed in. He is pretty useless today in my opinion.

Satan represented what the darkness has in store for anyone who seeks to desire it over light, darkness is what tempted Satan to fall, darkness is what human beings wrestle around with in their heart/mind/soul. Human beings are tempted by their own lusts, and are enticed by them which lead away from the light…

I don’t get where people say Satan the Bible entity which was an accuser, still exist today, because of his defeat… (notice I never said “Satan has never existed.”)

Many continue to say look at the world… oh how dreadful…

In the mirror my reflection shows back dreadful… as all us human beings are… not freed from the bondage to sin, until the Light starts to come in…