What JESUS Went Through For Us = John 18;22-23, Matthew 27;29, Mark 15;15

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Jesus was Smited:
John 18;22-23
And when He had thus spoken, one of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, Answerest thou the high priest so? Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me?

****Jesus had Crown of Thorns:
Matthew 27;29
And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon His head, and a reed in His right hand: and they bowed the knee before Him, and mocked Him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!

Mark 15;17
And they clothed Him with purple, and platted a crown of thorns, and put it about His head.

John 19;2
And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on His head, and they put on Him a purple robe.

John 19;5
Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!

+++++ Definition of Scourged: To be beaten with a scourge. A scourge is a leather or rope whip embedded with metal spikes, sharp bones and metal balls. These spikes, bones and balls help to tear open the flesh of the prisoner or slave.

**** Jesus was Scourged:
Matthew 27;26
Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified.

Mark 15;15
And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged Him, to be crucified.

John 19;1

Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged Him.

+++++ Definition of Crucifixion: A stripped naked victim is tied or nailed to a wooden beam / cross. They are left to hang and slowly die from exhaustion and asphyxiation.

**** Jesus was Crucified:
Matthew 27;22-23
Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let Him be crucified. And the governor said, Why, what evil hath He done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let Him be crucified.

Matthew 27;35
And they crucified Him, and parted His garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

Mark 15;13-15
And they cried out again, Crucify Him. Then Pilate said unto them, Why, what evil hath He done? And they cried out the more exceedingly, Crucify Him. And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged Him, to be crucified.

Luke 23;23

And they were instant with loud voices, requiring that He might be crucified. And the voices of them and of the chief priests prevailed.

Luke 23;33
And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

John 19;6-7
When the chief priests therefore and officers saw Him, they cried out, saying, Crucify Him, crucify Him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye Him, and crucify Him: for I find no fault in Him. The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law He ought to die, because He made Himself the Son of God.

John 19;16-18
Then delivered he Him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led Him away. And He bearing His cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha: Where they crucified Him, and two others with Him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst.

AMEN

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed my friend . So that all who do believe would be saved .
Every word JESUS ever said is solid truth to bank on . Let no man twist any of it . Just love and embrace every word .
Being hearers and doers of the Word . Now let all that has breath praise the glorious Lord .

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Jesus was Smited:
John 18;22-23
And when He had thus spoken, one of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, Answerest thou the high priest so? Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me?

****Jesus had Crown of Thorns:
Matthew 27;29
And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon His head, and a reed in His right hand: and they bowed the knee before Him, and mocked Him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!

Mark 15;17
And they clothed Him with purple, and platted a crown of thorns, and put it about His head.

John 19;2
And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on His head, and they put on Him a purple robe.

John 19;5
Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!

+++++ Definition of Scourged: To be beaten with a scourge. A scourge is a leather or rope whip embedded with metal spikes, sharp bones and metal balls. These spikes, bones and balls help to tear open the flesh of the prisoner or slave.

**** Jesus was Scourged:
Matthew 27;26
Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified.

Mark 15;15
And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged Him, to be crucified.

John 19;1

Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged Him.

+++++ Definition of Crucifixion: A stripped naked victim is tied or nailed to a wooden beam / cross. They are left to hang and slowly die from exhaustion and asphyxiation.

**** Jesus was Crucified:
Matthew 27;22-23
Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let Him be crucified. And the governor said, Why, what evil hath He done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let Him be crucified.

Matthew 27;35
And they crucified Him, and parted His garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

Mark 15;13-15
And they cried out again, Crucify Him. Then Pilate said unto them, Why, what evil hath He done? And they cried out the more exceedingly, Crucify Him. And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged Him, to be crucified.

Luke 23;23

And they were instant with loud voices, requiring that He might be crucified. And the voices of them and of the chief priests prevailed.

Luke 23;33
And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

John 19;6-7
When the chief priests therefore and officers saw Him, they cried out, saying, Crucify Him, crucify Him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye Him, and crucify Him: for I find no fault in Him. The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law He ought to die, because He made Himself the Son of God.

John 19;16-18
Then delivered he Him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led Him away. And He bearing His cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha: Where they crucified Him, and two others with Him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst.

AMEN

Now the question is, what will we give to him and the God that sent him? Do we appreciate the love shown toward us?

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now the question is, what will we give to him and the God that sent him? Do we appreciate the love shown toward us?
Do we truly love him is the question .
Now before we answer this question i am gonna leave us with JESUS OWN WORDS .
He who loves ME keeps my sayings .
Its real easy for folks to holler and claim they love him , the mouth can say many things ,
but what is in the heart is what is truly seen . DO WE TRULY LOVE HIM , ARE WE TRULY HIS . Now that is the question

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we truly love him is the question .
Now before we answer this question i am gonna leave us with JESUS OWN WORDS .
He who loves ME keeps my sayings .
Its real easy for folks to holler and claim they love him , the mouth can say many things ,
but what is in the heart is what is truly seen . DO WE TRULY LOVE HIM , ARE WE TRULY HIS . Now that is the question

Yes sir, I fully agree. The same holds true with God 1 Jn 5:3, if we are observing the commandments set forth by God, we truly have love that is identifiable.

You finished with an excellent question Amigo. How do we know we are personally Christ's disciples?

Reactions: amigo de christo

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, I fully agree. The same holds true with God 1 Jn 5:3, if we are observing the commandments set forth by God, we truly have love that is identifiable.

You finished with an excellent question Amigo. How do we know we are personally Christ's disciples?
Note that these sayings, teachings or commands of Christ are all derived from his Father. These are originally his Father's saying that were spoken through his son. And these saying are all of his spoken words, and not just those given to the disciples right before his crucifixion.
John 14:23-24 spells it out clearly...

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. (NIV)

These word are not meant to be merely observed and listened to from other teachers and preachers, they are to be taken to heart personally as spiritual symbols and expressions of the Father, the words of God, words understood in context without filtering, weighing and parsing etc., in order to suit one's own devises and purposes.

Meaning also that these words cannot be twisted, and adapted for the purposes of serving one's own interpretation or to support various religious creeds or doctrine derived from the traditions of men.

Just saying...I think we need to inspect this area of thought and scripture more closely...it is that important...

Bless you.. APAK

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay Ross

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Note that these sayings, teachings or commands of Christ are all derived from his Father. These are originally his Father's saying that were spoken through his son. And these saying are all of his spoken words, and not just those given to the disciples right before his crucifixion.
John 14:23-24 spells it out clearly...

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. (NIV)

These word are not meant to be merely observed and listened to from other teachers and preachers, they are to be taken to heart personally as spiritual symbols and expressions of the Father, the words of God, words understood in context without filtering, weighing and parsing etc., in order to suit one's own devises and purposes.

Meaning also that these words cannot be twisted, and adapted for the purposes of serving one's own interpretation or to support various religious creeds or doctrine derived from the traditions of men.

Just saying...I think we need to inspect this area of thought and scripture more closely...it is that important...

Bless you.. APAK

Yes sir for sure, Jesus does have the ability do teach other things that differ from his Father, but would never consider it, after all that is sin. He once stated this: (Matthew 26:39) . . .“My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.”

The Bible even warns us: (2 John 10, 11) . . .If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works. . .
So we want to make sure that to the best of our ability we do Jehovah's will, after all that is what saves us as Jesus said at Mat 7:21

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir for sure, Jesus does have the ability do teach other things that differ from his Father, but would never consider it, after all that is sin. He once stated this: (Matthew 26:39) . . .“My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.”

The Bible even warns us: (2 John 10, 11) . . .If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works. . .
So we want to make sure that to the best of our ability we do Jehovah's will, after all that is what saves us as Jesus said at Mat 7:21
Robert I believe you are correct that Christ of course originated some his own words to teach the ways of his Father to his disciples and for us. All these saying and teachings, not being with Christ when he spoke them, take time to really understand, many years, and then we still have question marks. We then rely of the Spirit of truth to guide us to these answers as necessary.

Bless you and may Christ always be at your side, along with some of his angels of course

APAK