What Marriage Is..By Elijah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kahtre

Nov 13, 2008
Ephesians 5:23-32 23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.From these verses we see that marriage should be like the relationship between Christ and "the church"(Us). Marriage gives protection and love to the wife, just like Jesus gives to us. And wives take care of their husbands and respect them, just as all Christians should give praise and honor to Jesus. One thing I have to say... Before a person should enter into marriage I think it's important that Christ is FIRST in their life. It can be easy to put your spouse first, but not right. Jesus first, then your spouse.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Elijah_101;63871)
You Judged your Own Self saying , you Married another mans Wife, This is Why Jesus said ye shall know them by there Fruits, By your Words The Word of God Judges you.Jesus tells us that if you Put a away your Wife or Husband and Marrie another you do commit adultery,And if any marries them that are Put away they commit AdulteryDo ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3*Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 1 Cor 6:2-3 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. 16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. Jude 1:14-16
You are twisting I Corinthians 6:2-3. This is not for today, that verse is future.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Kahtre;63873)
Ephesians 5:23-32 23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.From these verses we see that marriage should be like the relationship between Christ and "the church"(Us). Marriage gives protection and love to the wife, just like Jesus gives to us. And wives take care of their husbands and respect them, just as all Christians should give praise and honor to Jesus. One thing I have to say... Before a person should enter into marriage I think it's important that Christ is FIRST in their life. It can be easy to put your spouse first, but not right. Jesus first, then your spouse.
Very good advise:)

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;63875)
(Kahtre;63873)
Very good advise:)Amen! Indeed, very good and biblical advice.