What sign is the Occupy Wall Street movement for us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-- Because being "rich" doesn't mean you made your money illegally, "crushed the little man" to get it, haven't done your part, or don't deserve what you have earned.

Ok. What does Christ tell us about saving up riches? And since when do Christians believe that we earn anything? I thought it was God that provided?

Yes, there are some dirtbags, but as I said, there are scores who earned what they made and pay their fair share in taxes.

And there is nothing wrong with paying out more for the privilege of earning more money.

The top 1% pays 38% of all taxes
The top 10% pays 70%.
Half of all Americans pay no income taxes.

Because half of America is poor. If you have the privilege of earning more and living a luxurious lifestyle, there is nothing wrong with paying more for the privilege.

A blanket condemnation of this group serves no one.

Neither does this comment

-- The latest is in Venezuela. Food shortages. Hoarding. Supression and jailing of opposition. Closing of opposition newspapers and TV stations.
Nationalizing (stealing) of foreign resources in the country.

All because of redistributing the wealth, right? Has nothing to do with being forced to live under the rule of a ruthless dictator? One who restricts freedom of speech and uses terror to control the people? This is the slippery slope that you are accusing me of introducing?

I am curious if you can name one society (short of a monarchy) where it HAS worked.

I can tell you what God wanted Israel to do. Every 7 years God called for a year of Jubilee - a redistribution of the wealth - including land. God understands that allowing greed to go unchecked is not healthy for anyone. In the past, many of the American rich contributed the equivalent of billions of dollars in today's money back to the country that allowed them to prosper - Carnegie build our library system, for example. With the exception of Bill Gates (he actually built the social service building I work in), all I am seeing is greed run amuck.

-- Then why don't they? I am not making this up.

If you insist on only focusing on dictatorships then I am sure you will never see a successful example. Keep ignoring Norway, Sweden, and other successful countries that enforce everyone to pay 50% of their income in taxes.

A simple Google search shows that Obama has collected (and is currently collecting) more campaign contributions from Wall Street than any other politician in history.

What does that have to do with anything? Are you switching the topic to campaign reform?

-- I do not recall any Tea Party protests outside the White House, but as you said, that is a person's right.
The Tea Party has never protested the White house for pressuring the rich to pay taxes. And unlike OWS, they have done it peacefully and with no criminal activity.

What is the purpose of the TeaParty? They are rich people who do not want to pay as much money as they are paying for taxes. They are not looking for tax reform - they are looking for tax cuts. Do you realize that we pay less taxes then most democratic nations - we are in the bottom 1/3. We have a real greed problem in this country and it is shocking that Christians seem to be in favor of the welfare of the rich - shocking! Shame on us!

The Tea Party HAVE protested about government waste, politicians not doing the will of the people, opposition to ObamaCare, etc. but NOT about pressuring the rich to pay taxes. The rich ALREADY pay taxes. As I said, the top 1% already pay 38% of all taxes.

They do not want to pay for the wars republicans got us into, They do not want to pay for healthcare they are already able to afford. You are viewing their wealth as a reward for hard work! You are not taking into account that everyone works hard - some people get paid ungodly amounts of money for their work - others get next to nothing. Your view of the poor is like the contempt of a successful student looking down on the screw up in class that are constantly flunking out, not taking into account that he is damn lucky to be able to organize himself well enough to succeed in school. That is not how Christ viewed the poor. I work with the poor everyday. Most work hard - 2-3 fastfood jobs, janitorial, customer service, light industry, etc - those are the lucky ones. The rest live at the shelter - if they can get a bed for the night. They are often mentally ill and suffer from all kinds of physical illnesses. They are real people - they work hard just trying to stay sane and survive. They certainly work harder than I do. I am privileged - I have a higher degree - my wife is a doctor. We have it pretty good. We worked hard for our degrees, but not as hard living in grinding poverty. If I had to trade places with any of my clients, I would really suffer. I am grateful for everything God has given me and I want to make sure I help as many people possible because I am responsible for my brother. It is shocking to me when Christians look at me as a bleeding heart liberal - it is called Christianity, folks.

As far as "100s of thousands of dollars in school debt" I find that a specious argument.
First off, it is about personal responsibility. You sign to accept a loan, paying it back at such-and-such percentage over such-and-such number of years. Same as a car loan or a mortgage. NO ONE was surpised at the size of their loan or how much it would cost to pay back.

My college cost me 13,000 dollars a year, 20 years ago. It is now 45,000 dollars a year. When other institutions have suffered, my college grew into a university, built a new science center, field house, dinning hall, classrooms, a law center, and bought 25 houses in the surrounding neighborhood. They beg me for money every month - the professor earn on average, 50,000 dollars a year. It is a Christian University, which provides a liberal education. On average, graduates who remain in the city, usually in ministry positions earn on average 25,000 to 30,000 dollars a year. There is something very wrong with our education system. In fact, what is happening is that only the rich and foreign students are going to be able to afford higher education. Bill Gates has told the government that he is trying to hire Americans, but he is finding himself forced to go to other countries to find skilled candidates. There colleges are cheap and they get huge price breaks for attending our colleges. What our students are left with is no higher education or stifling debt. Believe me, my wife and I both work in social service - we chose to do it, but we know we will be paying for our school loans for the rest of our lives. There is something very wrong with the system.

Second, I worked my way through college. I had one scholarship for $1500.00 which covered less than one quarter. I worked as a salesman at a discount store while going to classes. I saved my road construction money from over the summer, etc. etc. etc.
It took four years and four months, but I graduated. No college loans. No money from the folks. Nothing.

You are privileged to not have to worry about debt. You are privileged to have a clear, intelligent mind that you could rely on to carry you through school and your career. You are privileged that your hard work pays off. You are privileged that you were about to work and go to school - I was not able to do both and had to make sacrifices. I have a sister who is brilliant - she works hard raising her children - she plays the violin in a community orchestra and acts in community theater. She writes and plays the piano by ear. She is currently in college to become a teacher. The only problem is that she suffered a brain injury when she was a kid and has lost much of her executive functions - she can't organize, plan - she is impulsive and her attention is poor. Based on her energy level and executive functioning deficits, she will not be able to be an effective teacher. She can work as hard as she possibly can, but she will never hold down a full time job or have the privilege of experiencing success in a career. You are privileged and so am I. Therefore, I am driven to give back.

College loans are not a "rite of passage" in order to graduate from college.
Also, if you are set on using loans, put them towards a major that will actually help pay them back.
$70,000 in loans to get a History or Women's Study or Music degree is hardly going to afford you the opportunity to stay on top of your payments.
If you have to take a quarter off to work flipping burgers it will help you pay cash, not ring up huge loans, and you will actually have some work experience to put on your first resume' after college.

Not everyone is good in math or science. Some people are privileged to be intelligent enough to be engineers and computer programmers - most people are not. BTW, having a educated population is going to be mandatory to compete with the rest of the world and to fill the important jobs that are going to be left vacant after the baby boomers retire.

Those whining about their college loans are the same ones who willfully signed up for those loans.
My sympathy meter pegs out at zero for those guys. It's called 'responsibility.'

I call a college education mandatory in today's world - factory jobs are a thing of the past - if you want to earn a living, you have to get a college degree - it has become today's high school diploma. The only difference is that today's high school diploma is overpriced, especially compared to the average income that you can expect to make in your career. Professionals have it worse - doctors have residency and even I have to provide 3500 hours of social service, low wage hours before I could be licensed. Everyone in social service and the healthcare field are having to comply with insurance companies that dictate services and diagnosis. College is mandatory / does not pay off in the long run / the middle class is fading into the educated working class.

-- And if Mr. Obama had used more than 6% of his initial $780 Billion "Jobs Stimulus" for necessary infrastructure work (bridges, roads, dams, etc.) instead of the tripe it actually went to, then his promise of it ensuring that unemployment would not exceed 8% might have actually turned out to be true.

Partisan gibberish.

As it is, unemployment has been at or above 9% for 28 of the last 30 months.
The...Longest...Stretch...Since...The...Great...Depression.

And of course that is all Obama, right?! Please......

Still, I find it strange that you would select FDR as a role model since his failed policies extended the Depression for the United States seven years longer than it should have been:

http://newsroom.ucla...ssion-5409.aspx

If it wasn't for WWII, it would have taken even longer.

Well FDR did inherit the failed policies of two Republican Presidents - Harding is perhaps the worst President we have ever had - I believe Bush has been compared to him because of his love of hiring cronies. I think FD was great and he was facing impossible odds - it is strange to me that you would criticize a man who was president for four terms. I would love to see Obama start a Domestic Corp, dedicated to rebuilding our infrastructure. I bet it would cost a fraction of rebuilding Iraq. It is about time we focused on our own country instead of paying cronies to build up countries we decide to invade without provocation.

On a side note, I've realized that I love it when good things happen to people who do not deserve it! I volunteer in a program that has been running for 20 years for street kids. Many of them have real reasons for being in the circumstances that they are in, but some of them are just spoiled brats would have bitten of more than they can chew and are drowning. I love them all. I want all of them to succeed. I love to see God's unconditional grace become realized in their lives. Over the years hundreds of kids have come back to the one place that accepted and encouraged and pushed them to pick themselves up and succeed. God is preached through word and action in this ministry and it is a transforming experience to be apart of.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I have to admit Aspen, you are around the bend on this.

I encourage everyone here to read Aspen's response and see how someone can support something without actually justifying WHY it should be supported other than by obfuscation and lies.

Please read in detail, everyone.

He provides a perfect example of the thinking that is part of the problem, not the solution.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods

I encourage everyone here to read Aspen's response and see how someone can support something without actually justifying WHY it should be supported other than by obfuscation and lies.

He provides a perfect example of the thinking that is part of the problem, not the solution.

You seem to think that everyone is going to agree with you but it is you who has fallen for a bundle of lies.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to think that everyone is going to agree with you but it is you who has fallen for a bundle of lies.

What do we got to do to get any kind of spiritual warmth and light out of you guys?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I accept you apology, Foreigner,

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
This to me is the sign of the black horseman of the apocalypse...

1. White Horseman - Democracy
2. Red Horseman - Communist
3. *Black Horseman - Islam
4. Pale Horseman - The Anti-Christ

* A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine. - Rev 6:6

Democracy, Communist, Islam all equal Antichrist. They have also hurt the oil and the wine. On the other hand the oil and the wine will be the only two that the Lord's two witnesses will not harm everything else will be turned to blood like the blood of a dead man.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It sure must be confusing to be a conspiracy theorist and a Christian! All the goals of Christianity - sharing the gospel and spreading the Kingdom of God on Earth are derailed by fear of a One World Government and the antichrist......

Better not love too much - it might be humanistic!
Better not get along with your neighbor - you might be compromising the truth or loving the World!
Better not buy into any government programs that favor the poor or seems to promote kindness - it has to be the Beast power disguised as goodness!

Everything you mentioned parallels the Christian church in 1930's Germany. In those days the church leadership, with the exception of a very few men of conscience, completely sold out to nationalist extremism.

Add to your list one more;
Better not question or disobey the government. It has the divinely appointed right to do whatever it wants.

We as Christians are obligated to give it our allegiance, even if its wrong. Unjust wars are ok, torture is ok, false imprisonment is ok, persecution of our own citizens without just cause or due process of law is ok.

The question of jurisdictional limits of governmental authority has no place in this twisted doctrine, this twisted mingling of patriotism and faith. The twisted cross of fascism has raised its ugly head once again.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

-- Your post wouldn't be so comically worthless if you would actually back up your statement.

Facts. Try 'em sometime. You may even find you like them.

dismas

Jul 10, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Free press websites like Worldnetdaily news (which has a Washington press pass) have been slowly establishing some questionable links to globalists with the Occupy movement that's been going on, not just in the U.S., but in other countries also.

For us Christians, what signs does that movement reveal for us?

Here's a famous quote by Albert Pike.

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

And this from the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion:

4. The GOYIM are a flock of sheep, and we are their wolves. And you know what happens when the wolves get hold of the flock? ....
5. There is another reason also why they will close their eyes: for we shall keep promising them to give back all the liberties we have taken away as soon as we have quelled the enemies of peace and tamed all parties ....
6. It is not worth to say anything about how long a time they will be kept waiting for this return of their liberties ....

Is the NWO communist or fascist? Who is the revolutionary and who is the agent of peace?

It helps here to look at Islamic eschatology,so the cast of players are:

Dajjal (Islamic antichrist, which may or may not be the Christian antichrist)
Mahdi (12th Imam, God ordained to rule the world which may or may not be the Christian AC or False Prophet. It doesn't appear to be, but that is my speculative take on it. I could be wrong.)
Isa (Islamic Jesus that will work "miracles" and tell the world to worship Mahdi.)
Gog (probably "Nephilim")
Dabbatul Ard ("Earth beast") http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?17816-The-Beast-Dabbatul-Ard-that-will-appear-at-the-End-of-times! The description of it is a dragon but not said to be a dragon.

Reading Epoch of Appearance by Korani, a collection of various Islamic prophecies http://epochofappearance.persiangig.com/
I came across this paragraph:(not the best translation...)

Sfyany [Sufyani- a Syrian army commander, possibly Assad] forces in the prosecution of those two men come our city and Imam Mahdi (A.S) like Prophet Moses, fear and worry leave the place toward Mecca.

Then Imam in Mecca communicate with some of is companions and supporters and start his holy uprising and movement in the night of Muharram, tenth, after Esha prayers from the holy Harram Makki, then give his first speech for people of Mecca stated that his enemies tried to assassinate him and try to kill him, but the companions of Imam surround him and disperse his enemies and then control holy mosque of Mecca (masjed al-harram) and them whole city of Mecca.

And on the morning of the tenth of Muharram, imam Mahdi (A.S) send his first message to the world in different languages and invite all nations in the world to help him. He announce that he remain in Mecca until a miracle that his great ground father Dear Prophet Mustafa (PBUH) promised become truth and Safyany's forces which already move toward Mecca to break his movement will destroyed."

So on the 10th of Muharram, if 2012 is the Satanic ritual fulfillment of various prophecies to manipulate people into accepting the antichrist, then this date is November 24, 2012. The situation they describe in this prophecy, Mahdi inviting the world to help him start his holy uprising is exactly this scene from the V for Vendetta movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DRAD-j8ObI&feature=related

"V" inviting the world to help him overthrow the govt. "V" is Mahdi. Occupy protesters wear "V" masks/ Guy Fawkes masks. (The V for Vendetta author, Alan Moore, I take very seriously as a predictive programmer in the know, as well as most popular authors and comic book creators.)

According to prophecy, Dabbatul Ard, the dragon but not called a dragon, (on the side of Mahdi) is released from the earth on (again if we use 2012) November 16, 2012. (Let me just say that I believe that they will fake a dinosaur or even a flying dragon at the end of 2012 - in conspiracy circles this is called "Project Blue Beam, in Scientology this is synonymous with the "R6 Implant" which is said to last 36 days - my guess 11-16-12 through 12-21-12.) From a Christian POV, this would be Satan, the dragon, Mahdi would be the antichrist giving his speech on 11-24-12, and Isa (alien UFO false Jesus that returns either on 12-13-12 (on the Feast of St. Lucy, as per the Catholic 3 Days of Darkness prophecy) or 12-21-12) would easily register as the false prophet, the "V" symbol would be the decoy "mark of the beast"- hoof print I suppose.

So, the antichrist's scheme appears to be this: a "choice" between 2 false christs, the Zionists' Prince William or the anarchist "V"/ Mahdi bent on creating the NWO - the real NWO is created in reaction to the revolutionaries actions of creating a theocratic NWO.

The Occupy "movement" seems to be designed to be grafted into the Islamic revolutionary movement via the prophetic allegiance between the Mahdi (for Islamic "terrorists" and supporters of "V"/ the occupy protesters) and Isa (Jesus) which also brings in the New Age alien Jesus camp. On the other side of the divide is Prince William, who does not have to claim he is god in the temple for another 1290 days, trying to make a peace amidst the instability caused by the anarchists.

It's interesting to note that there is a Libertarian equivalent of the "all eyes will see him" ritual that Mahdi fulfills on 11-24-12, and that is the John Galt speech from Atlas Shrugged. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00xStn_jXKo&feature=player_embedded
If there were ever a "Light of Lucifer" that the elites would push, I imagine it would be very similar to this speech.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Those behind the worship of Lucifer would like to destroy Christianity, but it's never going to happen. The foundation of True Christianity exists in the hearts and minds of believers on Jesus of Nazareth as The Christ, God The Saviour Whom The Father sent to be the Perfect Sacrifice for sin for one and all time. No amount of extermination or attempted re-education of devout Christian believers is going to remove that off the face of the earth.

Those who put their trust in Lucifer (the devil) don't yet realize the one they follow is not really running the show, but only God The Father through His Son Jesus Christ is. On the last day of this world those are going to find that out, the hard way. For God has a special present prepared just for them.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Shalom, veteran. They are the sign of economic unrest in the USA. There may not be a seal or a trumpet associated with the events, but they ARE a sign that the people are dissatisfied with the state of the US economy (and that of the world). The problem, though, is blaming their problems on the "rich." The problem lies with EVERY LAST PERSON who borrows against the future to buy something in the present! Like it or not, we are our OWN worst enemies! Only those who live within their means are those who can legitimately blame someone else. The ugly truth is, though, that there are very few who live within their means! A few won't run up their credit card bills every Christmas, but try to find someone who can buy a house outright without taking out a 30-year mortgage! It doesn't hurt to be like Theodore Roosevelt in 1903 and be a Muckraker or a Trust Buster! We DO need to break the special interest groups, the unions, the lobbyists and the dealers-under-the-table who have our country in a choke hold! The strangle-hold that the unions have upon our nation, with all of their requirements for flat-rate salaries for those who are union-members have forced many companies to take their business elsewhere and have moved their manufacturing and warehousing overseas. However, one has to be sure that he or she is blaming the right individual or group! On the other hand, real growth comes from positive progress, rather than just kicking against the negative setbacks. Remember the movie "Armageddon" starring Bruce Willis? There was a scene where the hero Harry Stamper (Bruce Willis) said to the statement, "Perhaps you will recognize the design," "Well, I ought to recognized it; it's my design! What'd you do? Steal the keys to the Patent Office?" And Truman replied, "Yeah, basically." I submit that we need to "steal the keys" to the U.S. Patent Office and release some of the patents that are currently being suppressed, such as the inventions by Nikola Tesla. He was a man before his time and scared such investors as J.P. Morgan so badly that they buried his work. They accomplished this so completely, that today's physics books and even the Weast Handbook of Chemistry and Physics barely mention the man! We must inform the world about Nikola Tesla (1856-1943), who was NOT a “Russian inventor,” as my Physics book claims (even going so far as to change his first name to “Nicolai”), but was an Austro-Hungarian (Croatian) genius and inventor who dreamed of a new world of free energy made available to all! (The label “Russian” has been used as a scare tactic in the U.S. from the 1940s throughout the “Cold War” era to discredit individuals.) He invented the Tesla coil and the free-energy, magnifying transmitter with an energy receiver tuned to the same frequency, and an electric car powered by such an energy receiver (or possibly based on a “gravity stressing energy")! There’s no need or EXCUSE for America, or the world for that matter, to be on the brink of financial ruin! The power brokers MUST themselves be broken! We don't need to be dependent on oil or on OPEC or on electric companies any more than we need to be dependent on the Federal Reserve Bank! That's my opinion.

I see many of those things too. One who really looks cannot help but see it. Not long after the U.S. founders created the Republic the children of darkness through the money powers immediately began to creep in to establish a foothold. Whoever controls the money controls the economy, the means of education, the political process, and even the outward organ of religion. At one time labor unions were necessary (like in the industrial revolution days). But the money power's agents have crept in to control that too. Just about every way of man on this earth today is corrupted by the "workers of iniquity" having been allowed to creep in.

I don't see the Occupy movement as a chance thing that has just happened as a result of financial chaos. I see it as a planned strategy because of money powers (like George Soros) having a connection with it. The provocateurs in the 1960's Vietnam era in the U.S. took advantage of the people's discontent, and threatened a revolution then also. They well know that many people don't think for theirselves, and can easily be enticed by a movement proposed to be a movement of 'the people'. Same kind of things happened in 18th century France, and 19th century Russia, the provocateur agents of the money powers were active then also. For today, it's easy to contrast the Tea Party movement which is a real movement by the people vs. the Occupy movement which is a counter movement by the money powers.