What the Bible says about Compromise

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Wrangler,
I'm not following you here...

Well, the starting point is not to assume anyone who disagrees with you is either the devil, possessed by a demon or deliberately twisting things. Instead, assume that any differences in doctrinal understanding is sincere and one of you is less spiritually mature.

They are on the right path, just at a different point on the journey and it might be you who has yet to be moved by the Holy Spirit. The two of you may never agree.

In this context, balance compromise with what authority you have (or don’t have) over them. Hold to your beliefs, yes. But that that not mean arguing disagreeably but remain respectful and patient.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the argument of lack of unity is used to compromise what we know is right, we play the devils game!

No. Jesus did not compromise but patiently taught the ignorant masses.

I am not advocating compromise. I am advocating tact when you know there is disagreement. Not vicious in-fighting like we sometimes see here.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. Jesus did not compromise but patiently taught the ignorant masses.

I am not advocating compromise. I am advocating tact when you know there is disagreement. Not vicious in-fighting like we sometimes see here.
your process maintains what you claim to dismantle

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it comes to Gospel truth and Bible truth, opinions do not matter. Scripture is all that matters.

Wrong! We are not people of the book!

All that matters is having a right relationship with God and others. We are NOT saved by having correct doctrine but humbly accepting our need for a Savior and trusting the Son of God.

This is just as true for all those who have wrong doctrines and test your resolve n not compromising.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it comes to Gospel truth and Bible truth, opinions do not matter. Scripture is all that matters. So if someone comes along to deny Gospel truths and Bible truths, there can be absolutely no unity. In fact there will be division.
exactly what paul wrote as well . If any causes divisions CONTRARY to the doctrine YE have learned , MARK and AVOID .
Correct them and if they dont heed , cast them out of the church . TILL or if they do repent .

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand the question and just got the tag to this thread now.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well gosh, seems as if this article and your posts touch on just about all things that some compromise their faith with :eek:

I know there are tons of scripture verses pertaining to this and, here's one that get's to the heart of the matter for real!

1 Chronicles 10:13
"So Saul died for his breach of faith. He broke faith with the Lord in that he did not keep the command of the Lord, and also consulted a medium, seeking guidance."

James 4:17
"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin."

1 Chronicles 10:13
"So Saul died for his breach of faith. He broke faith with the Lord in that he did not keep the command of the Lord, and also consulted a medium, seeking guidance."

NO COMPROMISE!!!!! :D
Thats right dear sister . Let the lambs never once compromise . In all that we do and say let it honor He who has saved us .
We are told to forgive any who would persecute us , and never once let us conform to their mindset . Stay sharp in those bibles
and follow the Spirit .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The driver of prolific Protestant denominating.

Does the Bible say anything about unity, peace and patience with those of differing opinions? Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
It does . paul said to mark those who cause divisions that are contrary to the sound doctrine that ye have learned .
And avoid them . We must correct any error , any leaven lest it gain a strong hold upon not only the person bringing it
but the entire lump . Unity with those who call upon the LORD in a pure heart . NOT UNITY for the sake OF UNITY .
That kind of unity will leaven a church real bad . UNITY with THOSE WHO LOVE CHRIST and defend the true faith .
Loving all things our Lord did command and teach . Any contradiction to that , must be corrected asap .
AND if the one who brings the compromising doctrine wont heed , you must seperate them . Till they do heed the correction and have repented .
WHEN paul taught them and its for us too , to be of one mind . IT MEANT the MIND OF JESUS , OF SOUND LOVELY DOCTRINE .
Now , let us be on guard against anything which would teach contrary to the glorious KING JESUS and those apostles
who indeed had the SPIRIT . every word is for our own good . Let us be built up in the sound doctrine
that we may no longer be tossed to and fro by deceiving men .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand the question and just got the tag to this thread now.

There is only one Way to salvation and that is through Jesus. Any other way attempted including some sort of a compromise will not please God:

"Be it known unto you all... that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth..."

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12

Trying to get there riding the fence [compromise] will have disastrous results:

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Rev 3:15-16

Who wants to be spit out by God?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GET READY . FOR SOON the CRY will be heard , i counsel thee to buy of me GOLD TRIED IN THE FIRE .
THE FIERY PERSEUCTIONS OF THE LAMBS are COMING .
No fear of man . And remember that all whom GOD recieves HE does scourge .
AS even JESUS said , those who bear fruit will be purged that they bring forth more fruit .
THE TIMES and DAYS of relative peace in the western socities is fast ending . A world wide massive scourging will begin
in the times ahead . THE LORD is with us , and truly that is ALL THAT MATTERS . Having HIM is all we need and its GREAT HOPE and JOY
no matter what comes against us . Forward march my friends . REMEMBER ...........IMMANUEL . THAT MEANS GOD IS WITH US .
AND having HIM , we can live in cave and on the run and stipped of all and or in prison , AND STILL WE HAVE ALL .
FOR GOD IS OUR ALL , JESUS IS OUR ALL . NOW SOUND those praises out unto the LORD and fear not what is or what is soon to come
against us .