What Viewpoint Should Man Have in Believing in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Followthelamb

Jun 28, 2014
[SIZE=12pt]Having believed in God until now, what have you really gained? What have you known about God? How much have you been transformed by believing in God? Now you all know that man’s believing in God is not [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]just[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] for his soul to be saved and his flesh to have peace or for enriching his life by loving God, and so on. Now it can be seen that if you love God for your flesh to have peace and for temporary enjoyment, then even if in the end you love God to the [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]peak[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] and no longer seek after anything, the “love” you pursue is still a mixed love and is not pleasing to God. If you enrich your dull life and fill the emptiness in your heart by loving God, [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]such [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]a person [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]is one [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]who seeks ease and comfort, not one who truly pursues to love God. Such love is forced and is pursuing spiritual enjoyment, and God does not need such love. Then, [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]of which kind is your love? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]What do you love God for? How many elements of [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]truly loving [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]God are there in you now? The love of most of you is the above-mentioned love. Such love can only maintain its current state but cannot be everlasting or take root in man. Such love is just a flower, and after it fades, it bears no fruit. That is to say, after you love God this way once, if no one continues to lead you to walk the way ahead, you will collapse. If you can only love God in the times of loving God but after that your life disposition is not transformed, then you will still be under the shadow of [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]the [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]power of darkness and can hardly escape from it, and still cannot break free from satan’s manipulation and satan’s fooling. None of such people can be completely gained by God. In the end, their spirit, soul, and body will still be returned to satan. There is no doubt about this. All those who cannot be completely gained by God will be returned to their original place, that is, be returned to satan, and will be cast into the lake of fire and sulfur and receive God’s punishment in the next step. Those gained by God will be the ones who have rebelled against satan and escaped from satan’s authority. Such people will be formally listed as the kingdom people. This is how the kingdom people come into being. Do you want to be such a person? Do you want to be gained by God? Do you want to escape from satan’s authority and return to God? Now are you of satan or [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]of the [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]kingdom people? You all should be clear about this, and there is no need to speak about it in detail.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]In their past pursuit, many people pursued with their ambitions and notions and pursued because of their expectations. These matters will not be talked about for now. The crucial thing is to find a way of practice, so that every one of you can maintain a normal condition before God and can gradually break away from the bondage of satan’s power, be gained by God, and live out God’s requirements on earth. Only thus can God’s heart’s desire be satisfied. Many people, in believing in God, do not know what God wants and what satan wants, but believe blindly and follow the crowd. So, they never have a normal Christian life or have a normal relationship with others, much less have a normal relationship with God. From this it can be seen that in people there are still a lot of problems and defects, and many things that can hinder God’s will. This is sufficient to prove that people have not entered the right track and have not entered into the experience of the true human life. Then what does it mean to enter the right track? To enter the right track means that you can quiet your heart before God all the time, have normal fellowship with God, gradually know your deficiencies, and gradually have a deeper knowledge of God, and through this you have new seeing and new inspiration in your spirit every day, become more and more thirsty, pursue to enter into the truth, and have new light and new knowledge every day, and in this way you gradually break away from satan’s power and gradually grow up in life. Such a person has entered the right track. Measuring your actual experience and examining the way along which you pursue in believing in God, checking them against what is said above, are you one who has entered the right track? In what things have you broken away from satan’s bondage and satan’s power? If you have not entered the right track, you have not broken off your relationship with satan. Thus, can you have a genuine, single, and pure love in pursuing to love God? You say that you love God without turning to the left or to the right and with deep affection and earnest feeling, but you have not broken away from satan’s bondage. Then aren’t you deceiving God? If you want to love God without mixture, be completely gained by God, and become the kingdom people, you have to first enter the right track.[/SIZE]

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Followthelamb,

Welcome to this forum. Please review the rules of this forum including:

Respect copyrights. If you draw from others’ work, please cite your sources (reasonably) and provide proper credit.

Your post is not an original work, I located it on the web here: http://en.kingdomsalvation.org/kingdom-selection-024.html so a link should have been provided as a reference to the original source:

You can find the complete list of rules governing participation on this forum here: http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/11410-christianity-board-forum-rules/

I hope you enjoy your stay here and I look forward to further discussions with you.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Hello and welcome

The crucial thing is to find a way of practice, so that every one of you can maintain a normal condition before God and can gradually break away from the bondage of satan’s power, be gained by God, and live out God’s requirements on earth.
Most of what you have pasted here is true and basic in the foundation of kingdom living, but what is also important is the fact that God is at work in each one of us to will and to act according to His purpose ([SIZE=11pt]Phil 2:13)[/SIZE]. Spiritual success (so to speak) works by the word and the application of it in our lives. The more we apply the Word in faith, the more we transform in to the likeness of Christ who is a life giving Spirit and the power of the Word He makes his home in the hearts of all men who cry out to Him.
Gods only requirement of us is in the image of His Son, all of us who seek refuge under His name no matter where we are in our walk have the promises and protection of God the Father who has given all these unto Christ, because we have recognized the blood split on our behalf.

Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him,

Thanks again

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
Jesus said that God is looking for those who will worship him in spirit and in truth.
So when I'm standing in church worshipping him I do my utmost to do nothing but concentrate on the words I'm singing and
reach out to him with all my heart.
However, we are only human, and cannot love him like he loves us.
God knows this.
He is also aware that we have needs and is therefore fully aware that we will approach him as God, the possessor of all things
and request that he aid us in our marriage, family, finances and in health.
And he is more than prepared to assist us.
So I feel no guilt whatsoever in approaching him to meet those needs.
And I do not think that he feels we love him less when we do so either.
In a perfect world we would be able to love him without a thought for ourselves.
But this is not a perfect world.
That place is in heaven.
So when I get there I will be able to love him like he loves me ... selflessly.

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
God is inactive. Jesus was active. Jesus translated gods actions into his own. That is why I follow Christ. Because Jesus put what god couldnt physically do into practise to save us and forgive us for our sins against god. For god to me is an energy that drives in all living things.
God isnt necessarily a physical being. Who are we to know his image?
God is everything. God is a being that we cannot comprehend. For our brains are too primitive to understand his full omnipotence and omniscience.
Jesus Christ was not hard to understand for he was enlightened. He connected with god. Nobody has ever connected to god like Jesus has as it stated.
If we believe in Christ, we believe in the lord god.
Because Christs actions were gods in the flesh.
I love my saviour Jesus Christ.
And whatever god is, I love him too for the life and the beautiful world he has given to me and many many others to enjoy and gawk at.
We are all eternally thankful but as far as free will goes, there is only so much we can love god back. Because we are only mere humans. God is a lot more than anything we can imagine.
All I want to do is live my life understanding, accepting and loving Jesus Christ and the lord god for their mercy and affection towards human kind.
Blessed be all of you. Stay humble.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
thomasleonard said:
God is inactive. Jesus was active. Jesus translated gods actions into his own. That is why I follow Christ. Because Jesus put what god couldnt physically do into practise to save us and forgive us for our sins against god.
Though you are right that Jesus is active, you need to realize God the Father is also active and there isnt anything God cannot do physically or otherwise, because if it wasnt God on that cross, we would all be in a lot of trouble right now.

John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

For god to me is an energy that drives in all living things.
God isnt necessarily a physical being. Who are we to know his image?
God breathed life in to all things, and nothing does anything apart form God, that is except for the will of wicked men who have gone their own way,and God will even use that to bring about His good will, just look at the story of Joseph and his brothers as an example.

But God is not merely an energy, He is a person because we are made in His image (Gen 1:29) and He is the image of Jesus Christ with real holes in His hands (John 14:7),
He is also Spirit because He lives along with Christ in the hearts of men, He is Omnipotent and omnipresent He is all places all the time. (John 4:24)

God is everything. God is a being that we cannot comprehend. For our brains are too primitive to understand his full omnipotence and omniscience.
Jesus Christ was not hard to understand for he was enlightened. He connected with god. Nobody has ever connected to god like Jesus has as it stated.
If we believe in Christ, we believe in the lord god.

Because Christs actions were gods in the flesh.
You are right that we can not fully comprehend God, Jesus was not just enlightened as men are enlightened, He is as you say in the next sentence God.
Christs actions are Gods because Christ is God in the flesh.

I love my saviour Jesus Christ.
Amen!!! He loves you too BIG TIME!!!

And whatever god is
You should really try to get a handle on this, you seem to jump in and out, almost touching on the triune nature of God and then moving back away again.
Understand if you will that God is three. Father Son and Holy Spirit. All three co-equal of the same substance.

All I want to do is live my life understanding, accepting and loving Jesus Christ and the lord god for their mercy and affection towards human kind.
Blessed be all of you. Stay humble.
Thank you and may you also be blessed
May I encourage you to spend time in the Gospel Word of Jesus Christ so that your understanding can grow and your faith grow even greater then it already is, with such great love in your heart you will be a great tool in Gods hand and a blessing to others. But the Bible is very important because its how God chooses to interact with us and as we grow he will reveal more and more to you through it. Gods Word is very powerful because His Word is Christ and Christ will empower your life through the Holy Spirit.

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
I fully agree with Madad21, God is not some cosmic ethereal power.
He did not send The Word to become flesh and interact with us because that was the only way to commune with us.
He walked with Adam in Eden and spoke to Moses, and revealed to himself to many others.

I always used to think that God was so "out there" and so he sent Jesus to live as a human to taste fruit and food etc.,
because he didn't know what it tasted like.
Then it struck me that he was the one who created it and therefore he made the orange, apple, strawberry and other things
with taste in mind, because he made us with taste buds..
So he must have made these knowing what tastes would appeal to the taste buds in the humans he created.
Which leads me to the only conclusion that he tasted them before he created them.
Because we were created in his image.
That is not something a "force, power, or divine energy" without a corporeal body can do.

No, despite his eternal power and characteristics, God has made us a lot more like himself than we realise.
Only he is God and we are not.

I don't want to sound like a recorder on repeat, but like Madad I have to commend you for loving him, I can see your heart
is in the right place.
Now brother love him according to the revelation he has given us of himself recorded in the Scripture.