What's in a Tree?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 9:1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
Jhn 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Jhn 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
Jhn 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Jhn 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

What are the works that Jesus was sent to do?

Jhn 9:6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
Jhn 9:7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

Jhn 9:13 They brought to the Pharisees him that aforetime was blind.
Jhn 9:14 And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.
Jhn 9:15 Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see.
Jhn 9:16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

I been down this road before. Actually, I travel this way often.
I'm going for a walk in the garden and I'm bringing my shovel and digging some more.

There are two trees in the garden.
The tree of Life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Who do these two trees represent?

Mar 8:22 And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.
Mar 8:23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
Mar 8:24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
Mar 8:25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.
Mar 8:26 And he sent him away to his house, saying, Neither go into the town, nor tell it to any in the town.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jhn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Jhn 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

What does it mean to till the ground from whence thou wast taken?

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

STRONGS H5647:
עָבַד 290 verb work, serve (Old Aramaic עבד do make, especially Nabataean, Palmyrene (often), Lzb331 f. Cook86, soעֲבַד, Syriac
bdb071201.gif
(very often); but also Old Aramaic Phoenician עבד slave, vassal (and in many proper names), עַבְדָּא, Syriac
bdb071202.gif
id.; Assyrian abdu, id. (rare); Late Hebrew עָבַד serve, performs acts of worship (with accusative of congnate meaning with verb), and derivatives; Arabic
bdb071203.gif
worship, obey (God) ; compare WeSkizzen iii. 165; Heid. 141, II. enslave;
bdb071204.gif
slave, worshiper; Sabean עבד id. DHMSüdar. Alt. p. 18; GerberVerb. Denom. 14 ff. thinks be slave, serve (Qal) and enslave (Hiph.) are denominative, compare also NöZMG xl (1886), 741) ; —

Luk 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
Luk 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Luk 12:44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
Luk 12:45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Jhn 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

1Co 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Co 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1Co 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Just doing some excavating today...
Care to grab a shovel?
:D
Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jhn 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Jhn 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
Jhn 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Jhn 9:6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
Jhn 9:7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

Jhn 9:14 And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.
Jhn 9:15 Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see.
Jhn 9:16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

I'm going for a walk in the garden and I'm bringing my shovel and digging some more.

Mar 8:22 And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.
Mar 8:23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
Mar 8:25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.
Mar 8:26 And he sent him away to his house, saying, Neither go into the town, nor tell it to any in the town.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jhn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Jhn 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

STRONGS H5647:
עָבַד 290 verb work, serve (Old Aramaic עבד do make, especially Nabataean, Palmyrene (often), Lzb331 f. Cook86, soעֲבַד, Syriac
bdb071201.gif
(very often); but also Old Aramaic Phoenician עבד slave, vassal (and in many proper names), עַבְדָּא, Syriac
bdb071202.gif
id.; Assyrian abdu, id. (rare); Late Hebrew עָבַד serve, performs acts of worship (with accusative of congnate meaning with verb), and derivatives; Arabic
bdb071203.gif
bdb071204.gif
slave, worshiper; Sabean עבד id. DHMSüdar. Alt. p. 18; GerberVerb. Denom. 14 ff. thinks be slave, serve (Qal) and enslave (Hiph.) are denominative, compare also NöZMG xl (1886), 741) ; —

Luk 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
Luk 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Luk 12:44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
Luk 12:45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Jhn 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

1Co 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Co 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1Co 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Care to grab a shovel?
Hugs
@Ziggy I am reminded also of John 6.29: "Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."

Reactions: Ziggy

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trees are used symbolically in scripture quite frequently, but they don't always appear to represent the same thing.
Because certain trees grow tall, reaching high toward the heavens, they can represent people of great accomplishment (exalted individuals) or great houses (families.)

Sometimes they are cut down for pride.

10 “These were the visions of my head while on my bed:
I was looking, and behold,
A tree in the midst of the earth,
And its height was great.
11 The tree grew and became strong;
Its height reached to the heavens,
And it could be seen to the ends of all the earth.
12 Its leaves were lovely,
Its fruit abundant,
And in it was food for all.
The beasts of the field found shade under it,
The birds of the heavens dwelt in its branches,
And all flesh was fed from it.
13 “I saw in the visions of my head while on my bed, and there was a watcher, a holy one, coming down from heaven. 14 He cried aloud and said thus:
‘Chop down the tree and cut off its branches,
Strip off its leaves and scatter its fruit.
Let the beasts get out from under it,
And the birds from its branches.
15 Nevertheless leave the stump and roots in the earth,
Bound with a band of iron and bronze,
In the tender grass of the field.
Let it be wet with the dew of heaven,
And let him graze with the beasts
On the grass of the earth.
16 Let his heart be changed from that of a man,
Let him be given the heart of a beast,
And let seven times pass over him.
17 ‘This decision is by the decree of the watchers,
And the sentence by the word of the holy ones,
In order that the living may know
That the Most High rules in the kingdom of men,
Gives it to whomever He will,
And sets over it the lowest of men.’

Daniel interpreted this dream to represent the king of Babylon and a judgment against him to humble him.
20 “The tree that you saw, which grew and became strong, whose height reached to the heavens and which could be seen by all the earth, 21 whose leaves were lovely and its fruit abundant, in which was food for all, under which the beasts of the field dwelt, and in whose branches the birds of the heaven had their home— 22 it is you, O king, who have grown and become strong; for your greatness has grown and reaches to the heavens, and your dominion to the end of the earth.
23 “And inasmuch as the king saw a watcher, a holy one, coming down from heaven and saying, ‘Chop down the tree and destroy it, but leave its stump and roots in the earth, bound with a band of iron and bronze in the tender grass of the field; let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and let him graze with the beasts of the field, till seven times pass over him’; 24 this is the interpretation, O king, and this is the decree of the Most High, which has come upon my lord the king: 25 They shall drive you from men, your dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make you eat grass like oxen. They shall wet you with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over you, till you know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever He chooses.

Nebuchadnezzar's dream is interesting in that Jesus describes a similar tree as being like the kingdom of heaven.
31 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field, 32 which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches.” Matthew 13:31-32

I believe that the Lord intended to compare the kingdom of heaven to Nebuchadnezzar and his Babylon. Certainly anyone who'd read Daniel would tend to recollect this dream of Nebuchadnezzar. Even the choice of using a mustard seed and calling it "the least of all seeds" brings to mind the statement from the watchers of Nebuchadnezzar's dream:
"That the Most High rules in the kingdom of men,
And sets over it the lowest of men.’"

Isaiah used similar language when speaking of the judgment of Israel in a passage quoted by Jesus when He explained why He taught in parables:
9 And He said, “Go, and tell this people:
‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand;
Keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’
10 “Make the heart of this people dull,
And their ears heavy,
And shut their eyes;
Lest they see with their eyes,
And hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart,
And return and be healed.”
11 Then I said, “Lord, how long?”
And He answered:
“Until the cities are laid waste and without inhabitant,
The houses are without a man,
The land is utterly desolate,
12 The Lord has removed men far away,
And the forsaken places are many in the midst of the land.
13 But yet a tenth will be in it,
And will return and be for consuming,
As a terebinth tree or as an oak,
Whose stump remains when it is cut down.
So the holy seed shall be its stump.”

Isaiah 6:9-13

This passage about Israel's judgment and the time of their visitation (by God in the person of His Son) also parallels the image of judgment in Nebuchadnezzar's dream.
" Nevertheless leave the stump and roots in the earth,
Let it be wet with the dew of heaven,"

In scripture the metal bronze is associated with judgment as is iron as well, the strength of Iron being understood to make unbreakable bonds.
6 But the worthless, every one of them, are like scattered thorns, Because they cannot be taken in hand; 7 Instead, the man who touches them Must be armed with iron and the shaft of a spear, And they will be completely burned with fire in their place.” 2 Samuel 23:6-8

I believe that Jesus was teaching that Israel was the kingdom of heaven, was coming under judgment, but that He Himself (the Holy Seed) would produce that remnant which would once again grow toward God. At least that's what History would suggest. However, Paul in describing the kingdom uses the olive tree in describing the kingdom of heaven upon earth.
15 For if their rejection proves to be the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 If the first piece of dough is holy, the lump is also; and if the root is holy, the branches are as well.
17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,
18 do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you.
Romans 11:15-18

With regard to Israel we see fig trees, olive trees, and grape vines used in analogies and parables.

The fig tree has its significance starting in Genesis with the fall of man. Adam and Eve, seeing their nakedness, sewed garments for themselves from fig leaves so the fig leaves represent their own efforts to cover their nakedness, their sin, or works righteousness. God however, provided clothing of animal skins representing His atoning blood sacrifice to cover their nakedness (sin.)

The grape vines represent that which is pleasing to God and men (wine was a regular offering to God.)
He causes the grass to grow for the cattle,
And vegetation for the labor of mankind,
So that they may produce food from the earth,
And wine, which makes a human heart cheerful,
So that he makes his face gleam with oil,
And food, which sustains a human heart. The trees of the Lord drink their fill, The cedars of Lebanon which He planted
, Psalm 104:14-16

The olive trees are more specific in reference to faith in that their fruit was pressed to make olive oil and this oil was used for the "oil of anointing" (the head) and representative of the anointing of God's Spirit.
11 Then I said to him, “What are these two olive trees on the right of the lampstand and on its left?” 12 And I responded the second time and said to him, “What are the two olive branches which are beside the two golden pipes, which empty the golden oil from themselves?” 13 So he answered me, saying, “Do you not know what these are?” And I said, “No, my lord.” 14 Then he said, “These are the two anointed ones, who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth.” Zechariah 4:11-14

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Trees are used symbolically in scripture quite frequently, but they don't always appear to represent the same thing.
Because certain trees grow tall, reaching high toward the heavens, they can represent people of great accomplishment (exalted individuals) or great houses (families.)

Sometimes they are cut down for pride.

10 “These were the visions of my head while on my bed:
I was looking, and behold,
A tree in the midst of the earth,
And its height was great.
11 The tree grew and became strong;
Its height reached to the heavens,
And it could be seen to the ends of all the earth.
12 Its leaves were lovely,
Its fruit abundant,
And in it was food for all.
The beasts of the field found shade under it,
The birds of the heavens dwelt in its branches,
And all flesh was fed from it.
13 “I saw in the visions of my head while on my bed, and there was a watcher, a holy one, coming down from heaven. 14 He cried aloud and said thus:
‘Chop down the tree and cut off its branches,
Strip off its leaves and scatter its fruit.
Let the beasts get out from under it,
And the birds from its branches.
15 Nevertheless leave the stump and roots in the earth,
Let it be wet with the dew of heaven,
And let him graze with the beasts
On the grass of the earth.
16 Let his heart be changed from that of a man,
Let him be given the heart of a beast,
And let seven times pass over him.
17 ‘This decision is by the decree of the watchers,
And the sentence by the word of the holy ones,
In order that the living may know
That the Most High rules in the kingdom of men,
And sets over it the lowest of men.’

Daniel interpreted this dream to represent the king of Babylon and a judgment against him to humble him.
20 “The tree that you saw, which grew and became strong, whose height reached to the heavens and which could be seen by all the earth, 21 whose leaves were lovely and its fruit abundant, in which was food for all, under which the beasts of the field dwelt, and in whose branches the birds of the heaven had their home— 22 it is you, O king, who have grown and become strong; for your greatness has grown and reaches to the heavens, and your dominion to the end of the earth.
23 “And inasmuch as the king saw a watcher, a holy one, coming down from heaven and saying, ‘Chop down the tree and destroy it, but leave its stump and roots in the earth, bound with a band of iron and bronze in the tender grass of the field; let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and let him graze with the beasts of the field, till seven times pass over him’; 24 this is the interpretation, O king, and this is the decree of the Most High, which has come upon my lord the king: 25 They shall drive you from men, your dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make you eat grass like oxen. They shall wet you with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over you, till you know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever He chooses.

Nebuchadnezzar's dream is interesting in that Jesus describes a similar tree as being like the kingdom of heaven.
31 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field, 32 which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches.” Matthew 13:31-32

I believe that the Lord intended to compare the kingdom of heaven to Nebuchadnezzar and his Babylon. Certainly anyone who'd read Daniel would tend to recollect this dream of Nebuchadnezzar. Even the choice of using a mustard seed and calling it "the least of all seeds" brings to mind the statement from the watchers of Nebuchadnezzar's dream:
"That the Most High rules in the kingdom of men,
And sets over it the lowest of men.’"

Isaiah used similar language when speaking of the judgment of Israel in a passage quoted by Jesus when He explained why He taught in parables:
9 And He said, “Go, and tell this people:
‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand;
Keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’
10 “Make the heart of this people dull,
And their ears heavy,
And shut their eyes;
Lest they see with their eyes,
And hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart,
And return and be healed.”
11 Then I said, “Lord, how long?”
And He answered:
“Until the cities are laid waste and without inhabitant,
The houses are without a man,
The land is utterly desolate,
12 The Lord has removed men far away,
And the forsaken places are many in the midst of the land.
13 But yet a tenth will be in it,
And will return and be for consuming,
As a terebinth tree or as an oak,
Whose stump remains when it is cut down.
So the holy seed shall be its stump.”

Isaiah 6:9-13

This passage about Israel's judgment and the time of their visitation (by God in the person of His Son) also parallels the image of judgment in Nebuchadnezzar's dream.
" Nevertheless leave the stump and roots in the earth,
Let it be wet with the dew of heaven,"

In scripture the metal bronze is associated with judgment as is iron as well, the strength of Iron being understood to make unbreakable bonds.
6 But the worthless, every one of them, are like scattered thorns, Because they cannot be taken in hand; 7 Instead, the man who touches them Must be armed with iron and the shaft of a spear, And they will be completely burned with fire in their place.” 2 Samuel 23:6-8

I believe that Jesus was teaching that Israel was the kingdom of heaven, was coming under judgment, but that He Himself (the Holy Seed) would produce that remnant which would once again grow toward God. At least that's what History would suggest. However, Paul in describing the kingdom uses the olive tree in describing the kingdom of heaven upon earth.
15 For if their rejection proves to be the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 If the first piece of dough is holy, the lump is also; and if the root is holy, the branches are as well.
17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,
18 do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you.
Romans 11:15-18

With regard to Israel we see fig trees, olive trees, and grape vines used in analogies and parables.

The fig tree has its significance starting in Genesis with the fall of man. Adam and Eve, seeing their nakedness, sewed garments for themselves from fig leaves so the fig leaves represent their own efforts to cover their nakedness, their sin, or works righteousness. God however, provided clothing of animal skins representing His atoning blood sacrifice to cover their nakedness (sin.)

The grape vines represent that which is pleasing to God and men (wine was a regular offering to God.)
He causes the grass to grow for the cattle,
And vegetation for the labor of mankind,
So that they may produce food from the earth,
And wine, which makes a human heart cheerful,
So that he makes his face gleam with oil,
And food, which sustains a human heart. The trees of the Lord drink their fill, The cedars of Lebanon which He planted
, Psalm 104:14-16

The olive trees are more specific in reference to faith in that their fruit was pressed to make olive oil and this oil was used for the "oil of anointing" (the head) and representative of the anointing of God's Spirit.
11 Then I said to him, “What are these two olive trees on the right of the lampstand and on its left?” 12 And I responded the second time and said to him, “What are the two olive branches which are beside the two golden pipes, which empty the golden oil from themselves?” 13 So he answered me, saying, “Do you not know what these are?” And I said, “No, my lord.” 14 Then he said, “These are the two anointed ones, who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth.” Zechariah 4:11-14
@michaelvpardo I do love the ref. in Isaiah 53 which speaks of the Lord Jesus as 'a root out of a dry ground'....

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy I am reminded also of John 6.29: "Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."
Hmm..
And it was the Sabbath and Jesus made clay and anointed the blind man and opened his eyes.
If they call the master of the house Beezelbub...
and their eyes were opened, and they were ashamed. And hid themselves among the trees in the garden.

This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom thou hast sent.

Perhaps Adam and Eve weren't seeing clearly.

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Rom 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Patience....

They had no patience.

for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for it?

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God (The tree of Life) , then shall these things be added unto thee (The tree of Knowledge)
For no man cometh to the Father but through me. I am the door and the way and the Life.

Impatience... man has become as one of us to know good and evil, and lest he put forth his hand and take of the tree of life...

1Co 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

Still digging
Hugs

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@michaelvpardo I do love the ref. in Isaiah 53 which speaks of the Lord Jesus as 'a root out of a dry ground'....
Prophetic language often refers to Jesus as the root of David and a branch of righteousness. The prophet Zechariah even identified the name of the branch as Joshua (Hebrew version of the Greek name for Jesus.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hmm..
And it was the Sabbath and Jesus made clay and anointed the blind man and opened his eyes.
If they call the master of the house Beezelbub...
and their eyes were opened, and they were ashamed. And hid themselves among the trees in the garden.

This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom thou hast sent.

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Rom 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Patience....

They had no patience.

for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for it?

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God (The tree of Life) , then shall these things be added unto thee (The tree of Knowledge)
For no man cometh to the Father but through me. I am the door and the way and the Life.

Impatience... man has become as one of us to know good and evil, and lest he put forth his hand and take of the tree of life...

1Co 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

Still digging
Hugs
@Ziggy What a glorious chapter, Romans 8....

Good to wait on God's time, for Him to work mightily as His Word shows....

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing Jesus harmed was a tree and the only thing that harmed Jesus was a tree….

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The only thing Jesus harmed was a tree and the only thing that harmed Jesus was a tree….
It was a curse....but oh so necessary for our redemption.....

1 Peter 2.24: "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Reactions: Mantis

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

STRONGS H5647:
bdb071201.gif
bdb071202.gif
bdb071203.gif
bdb071204.gif

Care to grab a shovel?
Hugs
Enthusiasm has thrown that much out of the hole me fears the treasure will be mistaken for mud on the eyes!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enthusiasm has thrown that much out of the hole me fears the treasure will be mistaken for mud on the eyes!
You have a way of saying things that I don't understand.
Meaning the post is long and the meaning gets lost in the translation??

Why you always speak in proverbs brother ??!!
LOL
HUGS

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have a way of saying things that I don't understand.
Meaning the post is long and the meaning gets lost in the translation??

Why you always speak in proverbs brother ??!!
LOL
HUGS
It's not so much a proverb zig zag as it is the thoughts that spill over from my heart.
When I read them back to myself I have to read slowly otherwise the intent is easy to miss or the emphasis is put in a wrong place.
What I'm saying zig zag is, a question at a time allows my small brain to process......toooo many questions simultaneously get lost in translation.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not so much a proverb zig zag as it is the thoughts that spill over from my heart.
When I read them back to myself I have to read slowly otherwise the intent is easy to miss or the emphasis is put in a wrong place.
What I'm saying zig zag is, a question at a time allows my small brain to process......toooo many questions simultaneously get lost in translation.
Thank You!

The point of the OP is this:
Jesus is the tree of Life, The Father is the tree of Knowledge of good and evil.
And as many that tried to come to the Father without first going through Christ were considered:

Jhn 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Jhn 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
Jhn 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Jhn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Man has become as one of us, to know good and evil. And lest he put forth his hand and take of the tree of life...
so God placed Cherubim at the entrance to keep the way.
From then on man was condemned under the law (thy rod) and led by the prophets (thy staff)
Until John. They comfort me.

Luk 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Thieves took over the kingdom and they were stealing the fruit.
Mar 11:17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Luk 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

So I'll leave it there.
If I try to slice it any thinner, even I won't recognize it. LOL
Hugs

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank You!

The point of the OP is this:
Jesus is the tree of Life, The Father is the tree of Knowledge of good and evil.
And as many that tried to come to the Father without first going through Christ were considered:

Jhn 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Jhn 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
Jhn 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Jhn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Man has become as one of us, to know good and evil. And lest he put forth his hand and take of the tree of life...
so God placed Cherubim at the entrance to keep the way.
From then on man was condemned under the law (thy rod) and led by the prophets (thy staff)
Until John. They comfort me.

Luk 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Thieves took over the kingdom and they were stealing the fruit.
Mar 11:17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Luk 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

So I'll leave it there.
If I try to slice it any thinner, even I won't recognize it. LOL
Hugs
a bit muddled mate, a bit muddled!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since Adam and Eve were created perfect and placed in a perfect garden/orchard, that definitely does not apply. If Adam could see clearly enough to name every creature accurately, then his vision was 20/20. BTW the Tree of Life is now in "the Paradise of God", in the New Jerusalem in Heaven.

As to "What's in a tree", it is a living organism: "There are two major chemical components in wood: lignin (18– 35%) and carbohydrate (65– 75%). Both are complex, polymeric materials. Minor amounts of extraneous materials, mostly in the form of organic extractives and inorganic minerals (ash), are also present in wood (usually 4– 10%). Overall, wood has an elemental composition of about 50% carbon, 6% hydrogen, 44% oxygen, and trace amounts of several metal ions."

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Adam and Eve were created perfect and placed in a perfect garden/orchard, that definitely does not apply. If Adam could see clearly enough to name every creature accurately, then his vision was 20/20. BTW the Tree of Life is now in "the Paradise of God", in the New Jerusalem in Heaven.

As to "What's in a tree", it is a living organism: "There are two major chemical components in wood: lignin (18– 35%) and carbohydrate (65– 75%). Both are complex, polymeric materials. Minor amounts of extraneous materials, mostly in the form of organic extractives and inorganic minerals (ash), are also present in wood (usually 4– 10%). Overall, wood has an elemental composition of about 50% carbon, 6% hydrogen, 44% oxygen, and trace amounts of several metal ions."
Luv U Brother
Hugs