"What's in your Bible?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that "what is in your purse" game, where the women tell what's in their purse?

I thought it would be fun to hear about your Bible treasures.

What is in your Bible?

Highlights, drawings, notes, illustrations, etc.
Text or photos, whatever you prefer.

Because
1. It would be nice to see
2. It is fun
3. You never know if something God spoke to you might speak to someone else

Thanks @Ferris Bueller for the spark!

My first is Psalm 142
The only verse I did this to and don't remember why.

IMG-20220102-191741-kindlephoto-8277279.jpg

Next a post it note for John 2:22-25

IMG-20220102-191832.jpg

It says "Jesus already knew what everybody was up to and didn't need to speak to them"

I don't remember why that is there but it has been there for a year or so, and I leave it because it makes me think.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My new Bible is still in progress. I have homemade bookmarks, some notes, highlights, etc.

My previous Bible has some tears, worn out pages, kid scribbles (lol), and tons and tons of highlights, underlinings, notes, dates, people's names next to verses when God put them on my heart ....photos of my kids.... lol

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My new Bible is still in progress. I have homemade bookmarks, some notes, highlights, etc.

My previous Bible has some tears, worn out pages, kid scribbles (lol), and tons and tons of highlights, underlinings, notes, dates, people's names next to verses when God put them on my heart ....photos of my kids.... lol
Aww... Sweet. One of mine has lots of rips, too. Lots of crayon scribbles from my youngest. Lol

My mom still has her Bible from when I was a kid. I used to draw little pictures in it during church. It has a lot of sentimental value to her now because of that- precious memories to her and I imagine for you, too.

Reactions: Lambano and TLHKAJ

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mine is loaded with highlights and notes. Writing is all over the first pages of the Bible where the names of the books are, the Presentation page, and the inner covers. I study one chapter a day, and whatever I can glean from it (from study, from commentaries, etc.)I write down on the edges of the pages, at the top and bottom . I am going to pass it on to my son when I die, so he will be able to see what I thought about things.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aww... Sweet. One of mine has lots of rips, too. Lots of crayon scribbles from my youngest. Lol

My mom still has her Bible from when I was a kid. I used to draw little pictures in it during church. It has a lot of sentimental value to her now because of that- precious memories to her and I imagine for you, too.
Yes, absolutely. :) ❤️

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Cassandra Your post reminds me of how much I wish I could see my grandmother's Bible, but when she died my family swooped in and took everything.

But I got some of her clothes, shoes, and a jacket things nobody wanted.

She was a cancer survivor and in the jacket pocket, I found a handwritten note of Psalm 23 (which I gave to my mother because she was heartbroken and needed it more) and a 24k butterfly necklace hidden in the shoe.

Butterflies and cute little frogs were our thing together.

(unfortunately I was younger and wasn't safe with the necklace and lost it)

Point is those things are very special.

Reactions: Lambano

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that "what is in your purse" game, where the women tell what's in their purse?

I thought it would be fun to hear about your Bible treasures.

What is in your Bible?

Highlights, drawings, notes, illustrations, etc.
Text or photos, whatever you prefer.

Because
1. It would be nice to see
2. It is fun
3. You never know if something God spoke to you might speak to someone else

Thanks @Ferris Bueller for the spark!

My first is Psalm 142
The only verse I did this to and don't remember why.

IMG-20220102-191741-kindlephoto-8277279.jpg

Next a post it note for John 2:22-25

IMG-20220102-191832.jpg

It says "Jesus already knew what everybody was up to and didn't need to speak to them"

I don't remember why that is there but it has been there for a year or so, and I leave it because it makes me think.

I normally use my youversion app on my phone these days. It is easier with kids for church and going everywhere. I can highlight and things but really miss using paperback. I have a few, but my favorite is my mom's. It is a KJV. I like nasb more, but that one has all the markings. :)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What most people find in their bible is the making of lots of hot air for them. :D:D:cool::cool::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What most people find in their bible is the making of lots of hot air for them. :D:D:cool::cool::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I am willing to bet if we saw the things that caught people's attention in their Bible, we would learn something new.

Sometimes the smallest verse can change your whole thinking.

But I can only see what I paid attention to in mine. Sometimes my own thinking isn't enough.

Reactions: Taken and TLHKAJ

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't find that dog-eared NIV Bible that was held together by duct tape, but I still have my very first Bible, the zippered KJV. The presentation page caught my eye. It has my childhood address and phone number, and it says in my grandmother's handwriting, "Presented to (Lambano) By Grandpa and Grandma (Lambano) With all our love & best wishes. Easter 1967". I would've been 6 years old. :)

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also found this post-it note that I was apparently using to bookmark John 3:16. The handwriting is my wife's, and I'm guessing the Matthew 28 and Luke 24 references were the next week's reading assignment for a Sunday School class at our church in SoFla.

Post-it-Note.png

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the back of the Bible, I also found a bulletin for the July 12th, 1992 worship service at that church in SoFla. Looks like we had Holy Communion that week.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also found this post-it note that I was apparently using to bookmark John 3:16. The handwriting is my wife's, and I'm guessing the Matthew 28 and Luke 24 references were the next week's reading assignment for a Sunday School class at our church in SoFla.

View attachment 19844

Aww and it says "I love you..." :D:D:D:D:D

Too sweet

I couldn't find that dog-eared NIV Bible that was held together by duct tape, but I still have my very first Bible, the zippered KJV. The presentation page caught my eye. It has my childhood address and phone number, and it says in my grandmother's handwriting, "Presented to (Lambano) By Grandpa and Grandma (Lambano) With all our love & best wishes. Easter 1967". I would've been 6 years old. :)

How precious!

Reactions: Lambano

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"What's in your Bible?"
OP ^

A tell all book of past, present, future mysteries revealed.

In my Bible(s) are Gods Truths of Past, Present, Future.
Truths of what has come to pass,
Truths what shall come to pass,
Who was, is, and shall be effected by His Truths.
The Manner in which every individual and their habitat, was and shall be effected by His Truths.

And some memorial pages for family names and dates relating to births, baptisms, marriage, death dates.
And ribbon book markers.

Glory to God,
Taken

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"What's in your Bible?"
OP ^

A tell all book of past, present, future mysteries revealed.

In my Bible(s) are Gods Truths of Past, Present, Future.
Truths of what has come to pass,
Truths what shall come to pass,
Who was, is, and shall be effected by His Truths.
The Manner in which every individual and their habitat, was and shall be effected by His Truths.

And some memorial pages for family names and dates relating to births, baptisms, marriage, death dates.
And ribbon book markers.

Glory to God,
Taken
Taken, I love it when you get all flowery.:D

I'm glad you mentioned this. My wife has one of those "Family Bibles" with the memorial page for births, deaths, baptisms, marriages, et. al. It's about 3 inches thick with large print, maps of the Holy Land, color pictures of Holy People doing Holy Things... She also has a lot of post-it notes and mark-ups (and hopefully some of her drawings). I'm going to check it out, but I won't disclose any of it here unless she gives me permission.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aww and it says "I love you..." :D:D:D:D:D

Too sweet

How precious!

Aw, thanks, Fluffy. This brought back memories of my grandparents, which are indeed precious. And the Sweet Lady is quite special. :)

I am willing to bet if we saw the things that caught people's attention in their Bible, we would learn something new.

Sometimes the smallest verse can change your whole thinking.

But I can only see what I paid attention to in mine. Sometimes my own thinking isn't enough.

Okay, this won't be something new to anybody here, but it is significant (to me) that I bookmarked John 3:16. This is what's important - to me.
Fluffy, I love what you did with the 142nd Psalm. Thank you for starting this thread!

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken, I love it when you get all flowery.:D

I'm glad you mentioned this. My wife has one of those "Family Bibles" with the memorial page for births, deaths, baptisms, marriages, et. al. It's about 3 inches thick with large print, maps of the Holy Land, color pictures of Holy People doing Holy Things... She also has a lot of post-it notes and mark-ups (and hopefully some of her drawings). I'm going to check it out, but I won't disclose any of it here unless she gives me permission.

One of my Bibles is as you describe, oversized and about 3” thick, maps, and so forth. Also fortunate to have a Bible of a family member who was born in 1835. BTW I love flowers ;)!