What's in your cup?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
278676582_10227558130048913_2229538044710056545_n.jpg

I love this analogy!
You are holding a cup of coffee when someone comes along and bumps into you or shakes your arm, making you spill your coffee everywhere.
Why did you spill the coffee?
"Because someone bumped into me!!"
Wrong answer.
You spilled the coffee because there was coffee in your cup.
Had there been tea in the cup, you would have spilled tea.
Whatever is inside the cup is what will spill out.
Therefore, when life comes along and shakes you (which WILL happen), whatever is inside you will come out. It's easy to fake it, until you get rattled.
So we have to ask ourselves...“what's in my cup?"
When life gets tough, what spills over?
Joy, gratefulness, peace and humility?
Anger, bitterness, harsh words and reactions?
Life provides the cup, YOU choose how to fill it. How do you fill your cup? Who do you allow to pour into your cup?
Today, let's work towards filling our own cups with gratitude, forgiveness, joy, words of affirmation; and kindness, gentleness and love for others!
Have a great day!
2764.png

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Be like the kid squeezing their juice box.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.
Spot on. We will see what kind of soil received the seed when trials come,and they will come!
And we know the LORD shall be with us no matter what we go through .
He is our only hope and the things which we shall suffer and do suffer , HE consoles us
and we too can console others by that as well . The lambs have all hope for our hope is not of this world nor in it ,
ITS IN THE GLORIOUS LORD . Yes indeed , so sing that song to the LORD my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There seem to be some on this forum site who have something bitter or nasty in their 'cups' when it spills out.
A can can be full of something good or something vile .
And the appearance on the outside can appear to look good .
But give either can a hard kick and ye shall see what pours out . Many can love with the mouth and praise
with the lips when times are good , but when the righteous judgment of GOD , and it is righteous ,
allows persecutions , what is inside will pour out .
I have seen an all inclusive love generation which crys love love at all times
and yet when error is seen and corrected , TEETH of fury comes pouring out unto those who did love and did correct .
I have seen a generation that cries GOD is love and is good and we love all and we embrace all paths,
and yet WHEN TRUTH arrives they slam the door to it with teeth and anger . Just a reminder of what i often see a lot of in this generation .
I see many who holler this sin is good or that sin is good and love and we welcome all and embrace them
and when one who does have the LOVE of GOD does warn and remind , THERE AINT MUCH LOVE and TOLERANCE FOR THOSE .
They holler have an open mind , and yet while their mind is very open to sins , ITS CLOSED TO TRUTH .
LEt us all be on gaurd . Their open mind that brought GOD outta the box
sure seemed to bring out another god , NOT THE GOD . SHOULD have stuck to the biblical GOD and HIS CHRIST .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I have met some but we must remember we do not know their suffering. It's the clean on the outside of the cup with corrupt and filthy inside that's much worse!
As you will agree my dear sister and friend , IF one has NOT CHRIST within them , the SPIRIT within them
the inside is filthy , no matter what they try and do to appear as righteous .
For i have learned a good solid wonderful truth . And i am sure you will agree ,
I have found the ONLY GOODNESS in me , the ONLY RIGHTEOUSNESS within , IS OF GOD .
There is nothing good in man , he is evil from his youth and up . All need THE SAVOIR
and the SAVOIR DOES CHANGE the one who is HIS . Now how about a massive praise fest to the glorious LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I have met some but we must remember we do not know their suffering. It's the clean on the outside of the cup with corrupt and filthy inside that's much worse!
For many scrub and scrub that outside to appear clean and holy , for an appearance , yet within the heart
lies their own glory and own honor they do seek . The praise that cometh from man .
Lambs seek the praise that cometh from GOD alone . LET HIM BE HONORED no matter how poorly we are treated .
LET HIM be seen as the ALL in ALL and ourselves but as lowly children who simply love the glorious Lord
who has saved them and given them such hope .
ITS all about what is truly on the inside . Why we do as we do matters as much as what we do .
MANY do to have the recognition . I SAY LET GOD , LET CHRIST GET ALL the recognition .
WHO are we , but mere souls saved by the grace of GOD in Christ . LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .
SO hands up , sister , ITS LORD PRAISING TIME in the house .

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we truly 100 percent sure we do not have even an ounce of hypocrisy, loose lips (gossip), a touch of teetering slander and pride in our cups of tea or coffee today? Do we never act in just anger or strong emotions, at times, as Moses did, Christ did, and the Father still does today when faced with evil? They hit its source head-on with justification and righteous cause and without a lot of chat and long conversation.

If we consider ourselves holier-than-thou today, this too shall be revealed in time in 'true colour' as the naked truth, when we are sufficiently stirred or shaken. Maybe this is the reason for such a thread as this one, as it might have attracted some who are already unsettled and have already been shaken with these said impurities, and they have now been spilt out for all to see?

Matthew 7:1-5 and Romans 2:1-11 comes to mind.

Let Christ within us, guide us, and be allowed to continue his work on the inside of our hearts as the 'inside of our cups,' so when we open it or spill it over in haste and by accident, in a moment, to the world, we only reveal his work not our own, with the fruits of his Spirit, of the Father, Amen