What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Cannot see across the road , the houses are hidden in think smoke.
High alert , as we know is red, Calgary is on a High alert PLUS...the colour is Maroon ...even with windows closed it seeps in the cold air return.

Very bad forrest fire at High River it is twice the size of the city of Edmonton.
And there is a fire over in BC too.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Cannot see across the road , the houses are hidden in think smoke.
High alert , as we know is red, Calgary is on a High alert PLUS...the colour is Maroon ...even with windows closed it seeps in the cold air return.

Very bad forrest fire at High River it is twice the size of the city of Edmonton.
And there is a fire over in BC too.
'Tis the season...

I hope you guys stay safe...

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Turned a bit cooler tonight. But we are getting into June now; how this year is flying past already...

Not sure how many summer months you get over there...but we get 3 months most years. It only got to 15 here today.
The smoke seems a bit thinner tonight. Praying for rain for High River and Slave Lake, they really really need it!!

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not sure how many summer months you get over there...but we get 3 months most years. It only got to 15 here today.
The smoke seems a bit thinner tonight. Praying for rain for High River and Slave Lake, they really really need it!!
We get a short summer, too. Some winters seem to last 7 - 8 months.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This year it seemed like spring did not want to come and summer either........

This month is my birthday, I will be 84 and thought I would have been gone in my 70's.
and I know its warmer at this time of year,,,,,,, things are sure changing,
man is doing this junk all over............! :(

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well the smoke finally passed. As I looked up at it and through it , it made me sad to think that a whole forrest was now floating in the air :(

@Pearl @Butterfly
What is it like there Pat and Rita...??
I forget, are the roses and honeysuckle out yet. I pine for honeysuckle...sigh.
Too cold for it here. :(

Reactions: Pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the smoke finally passed. As I looked up at it and through it , it made me sad to think that a whole forrest was now floating in the air :(

@Pearl @Butterfly

Been wondering about the Alberta fires and the smoke. Glad the smoke cleared. Buffalo Ny is thunder, rain and unseasonably cold weather...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Been wondering about the Alberta fires and the smoke. Glad the smoke cleared. Buffalo Ny is thunder, rain and unseasonably cold weather...

Good to see you here, make it a habit okay? :)

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

@Pearl @Butterfly
It's been extremely hot in some parts of the UK today as flaming June came in but not up here in the north. It has been overcast, windy with some spells of rain. Some of my honeysuckle is out and the clematis but not the roses.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy
B

Butterfly

@Pearl @Butterfly
My roses are out, not sure about the honeysuckle as I haven't seen any for quite awhile - I have a wid garden, well it's just too big to do anything with , would take a lot of money - it was a really hot day yesterday, and it was a day off. Today it looks as if it will be warm as well.
Sorry about the fire Helen xx
Rita

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nice to hear from England on here :) @Pearl and @Butterfly

I always loved June in England.

Anyone visited The Great Dixter?
Not too far from Hastings...maybe over the Kent boarder.

I love the gardens in that old house...both the wild ones and the manicured ones. I always wanted my girls to fly over there and scatter me there...but they say it would not be allowed ...( unless they put my ashes in their pockets with holes in then and dribbled me as they walked. :D)

So, I'll end up along the river in the lovely valley in Fairmont. BC. ha! They will scatter wild flowers too...

I have never known such peace as in the Gardens at The Great Dixter. ( google it and see) ..a real taste of 'heaven'. :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's very windy here today @"ByGrace" and cool too for June. But that suits me far better than last year's extreme heat.

B

Butterfly

I love Kent, but don't go there very often - never heard of the place you mentioned Helen. I use to like all the flowers that use to be in Brighton , especially young the Steine, the water fountain is still there, but it's all been grassed over. Along by Preston park they use to have loads of flowers to, they still have some.
My dad wants to be scattered in the pavilion gardens, so I will have the same problem- will have to find a way of secretly doing it !!
Rita

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I love Kent, but don't go there very often - never heard of the place you mentioned Helen. I use to like all the flowers that use to be in Brighton , especially young the Steine, the water fountain is still there, but it's all been grassed over. Along by Preston park they use to have loads of flowers to, they still have some.
My dad wants to be scattered in the pavilion gardens, so I will have the same problem- will have to find a way of secretly doing it !!
Rita
That's just reminded me of a programme we watched the other night about the West Yorkshire Steam Railway. There was a funeral group on board the train to scatter ashes along the track but they did it a really unique way by emptying the urn into the fire box so that they came out through the funnel with the smoke. They sounded the whistle as they let them go and everybody cheered.

Reactions: Butterfly

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Butterfly @Pearl @Nancy

It is the peace of the place as much as the wild beauty, that grabbed me.

This vid is only 5 mins long...but you'd get the "feel" in just a minute or two...to know what I mean.
It started out as a family Barn/House back in the 1400's...added to over the centuries....

Reactions: Butterfly and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Butterfly @Pearl @Nancy

It is the peace of the place as much as the wild beauty, that grabbed me.

This vid is only 5 mins long...but you'd get the "feel" in just a minute or two...to know what I mean.
It started out as a family Barn/House back in the 1400's...added to over the centuries....

That's it, I am moving to the UK. I have always wanted to visit there more than anywhere else. I think I am a Brit housed in an American body :D :D :D Lovely video Helen