What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can't tell - it's dark and the curtains are closed.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been raining for weeks. Getting a cold wind coming and going. Getting down to 28F next week at night.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today it'll be sunny all day. A crisp 54F (12C) for the Sneaky Labrador's morning dog walk, with a high of 72F (22C) this afternoon. The leaves, though a bit past their peak colors, are (mostly) still on the trees in bright shades of burgundy, crimson, orange, and gold. A gorgeous autumn day here in the Carolinas.

Reactions: dev553344

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The forecast is heavy deception with partly clouded lies and truth mixed in to suit the agenda .
The WHETHER all right . Whether or not folks will buy the lie .
But now for some real good news . THE SON IS A COMING on the clouds and so shall we ever be with HIM .
So no matter how harsh the WHETHER is in this world , JUST KNOW the lambs have all hope and good end in Christ .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well we've been getting a lot of rain, but it's pretty common for our area of the west coast.
Where we live we are on a hill and have 20 steps up from the road, so even when it hammers down like it did for most of yesterday and the night before we are in no danger of flooding. The bottom of out road though, at the junction with another road often gets minor flooding as all the water flows down our road like a river sometimes, and from all the houses which are built on inclines.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cause its not rare for the UK to get them some rain .
When I was up for a business trip to London, I was advised to take an umbrella 'cuz London was always rainy that time of year (June). I missed out on it because of passport issues (darn it!), but my sub confirmed the daily rains.

My one visit to the UK was a business trip to Scotland in the '80s. I was advised to bring a mac (raincoat). Surprisingly, the weather was gorgeous two out of the three day I was there, and even my hosts commented on how fortunate I was. The third day I got a taste of REAL Scottish March weather: Temperatures in the upper 30s, peeing down rain being driven sideways by a 30 mph wind coming off the Firth of Clyde. An umbrella would never have held up in that. Aye, laddie, welcome to Scotland!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Where we live we are on a hill and have 20 steps up from the road, so even when it hammers down like it did for most of yesterday and the night before we are in no danger of flooding..

Lucky you, I live at sea level just 50 yards from the Atlantic.
At least I'm on the 3rd floor so will hopefully keep my feet dry if a tsunami rolls in..:)
My place is in this jumble of buildings in Plymouth UK-

Plymouth-Barbican-in-Devon-UK.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where we live we are on a hill and have 20 steps up from the road, so even when it hammers down like it did for most of yesterday and the night before we are in no danger of flooding. The bottom of out road though, at the junction with another road often gets minor flooding as all the water flows down our road like a river sometimes, and from all the houses which are built on inclines.
When I lived in San Bernardino California they used to have the streets capture the rains and it turns them into rivers. One time I got caught in one with my car, several inches of rain built up. Scary.

Reactions: Pearl and Dropship

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, flooding there too:
04b1c5bf8b2399a7684c9fa72a9d78ad.jpg

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When I was up for a business trip to London, I was advised to take an umbrella 'cuz London was always rainy that time of year (June). I missed out on it because of passport issues (darn it!), but my sub confirmed the daily rains.

My one visit to the UK was a business trip to Scotland in the '80s. I was advised to bring a mac (raincoat). Surprisingly, the weather was gorgeous two out of the three day I was there, and even my hosts commented on how fortunate I was. The third day I got a taste of REAL Scottish March weather: Temperatures in the upper 30s, peeing down rain being driven sideways by a 30 mph wind coming off the Firth of Clyde. An umbrella would never have held up in that. Aye, laddie, welcome to Scotland!
British weather is very changeable. We can have different seasons in one day. And the weather is always a good talking point as it is so unpredictable, although the tech used for monitoring the weather is so much better than it used to be.

Back in October 1987 during a weather forecast by a guy called Michael Fish - the weather presenter - we were told that there had been reports of storms over France but not to worry as it wouldn't affect us.

Famous last words as it turned out to be the worst storm ever to hit our coasts. Travel was disrupted 18 people killed and we lost a staggering 16,000,000 trees.
All the Brits on here will remember it.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's bright and sunny - so far - with a north westerly wind which is shaking more leaves off. But here in the UK it could all change pretty fast and often does.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There's something weird going on with the weather.
I live in Italy, in Tuscay, which is central Italy.
Except for the early morning and late evening, it's as hot as June.

The weather here is temperate because I live in a valley, but this borders on scary.
We have been having a spell of really fine weather...........