What's your favorite airline?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point noted.

Didn't the CIA have its own airline also?
I have not a clue. I was there very early. Half through my tour, the very first contingent of US combat troops hit the beach in Danang where I was stationed. Most of those troops I would guess came by sea rather than by air.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. But Amadeus was not a spook.:cool:
No, I was in the US Army Signal Corps operating a microwave radio station on the Danang Air Force Base which provided communications for military personnel and civilians for the entirety of South Viet Nam. We used to joke about providing communications for the Viet Cong as well. It was true since some of our channels were used by the public telephone system which anyone could use. We had a total of 30 voice channels and 16 teletype channels.

Reactions: Mayflower

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is everyone's favorite airline?

I would say that the civilian major South Korean and Japanese airlines are my favorite. They have class, comfort and great customer service.

My worst would be flying many hours in a search and rescue type helicopter provided by the military. Class, comfort and customer service goes out the window. Designed to make your ride sometimes very rough, especially when you suddenly lose airflow through the blades and lose a few hundred feet in seconds.

The C-130 propeller plane when flown through a major thunderstorm, that seems like a few hours, will guarantee you will have a very bumpy ride. On a few occasions there are moments when the force of gravity seems cut-off; simulating weightlessness as in space.

APAK

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would say that the civilian major South Korean and Japanese airlines are my favorite. They have class, comfort and great customer service.

My worst would be flying many hours in a search and rescue type helicopter provided by the military. Class, comfort and customer service goes out the window. Designed to make your ride sometimes very rough, especially when you suddenly lose airflow through the blades and lose a few hundred feet in seconds.

The C-130 propeller plane when flown through a major thunderstorm, that seems like a few hours, will guarantee you will have a very bumpy ride. On a few occasions there are moments when the force of gravity seems cut-off; simulating weightlessness as in space.

APAK
I guess with military air transport it can sometimes feel like being a paratrooper on a jump-seat...

Reactions: APAK

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hardly ever fly anything but Virgin Atlantic. They are only $1,178 from Tampa to London.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The cheapest. which is usually southwest. Flying down to Texas for Thanksgiving to see family. Haven't been down to see my sister and nieces since my mom passed in 2015. Been a long time. Thinking of moving back.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The cheapest. which is usually southwest. Flying down to Texas for Thanksgiving to see family. Haven't been down to see my sister and nieces since my mom passed in 2015. Been a long time. Thinking of moving back.
Southwest's Herb Kelleher (and the Carter Administration's deregulation of the airlines) did a great service for wider, affordable air travel.

So you're Texan? I hear that Dallas-Love Field is doing very well after Federal restrictions were lifted there.

Sorry about your mom.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Southwest's Herb Kelleher (and the Carter Administration's deregulation of the airlines) did a great service for wider, affordable air travel.

So you're Texan? I hear that Dallas-Love Field is doing very well after Federal restrictions were lifted there.

Sorry about your mom.

I think I heard about that. Was it the Black Lives Matter Movement? I am originally from Houston,Texas. But I've lived in Indiana for over 7 years now.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think I heard about that. Was it the Black Lives Matter Movement? I am originally from Houston,Texas. But I've lived in Indiana for over 7 years now.
I don't think it was that; what I was referring to was Southwest's successful business plan for affordable air fares and also the fact that previously Dallas - Love Field had FAA restrictions which stopped it being used for many connections which would otherwise be profitable and in demand.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think it was that; what I was referring to was Southwest's successful business plan for affordable air fares and also the fact that previously Dallas - Love Field had FAA restrictions which stopped it being used for many connections which would otherwise be profitable and in demand.

Oh! Okay! :D

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Here's an interesting vlog from Sam Chui, who has a whole series of vlogs on airlines. He actually seems to like Air Zimbabwe very much:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is everyone's favorite airline?

I do not have a favorite.

I do not approve of people I know pawing through my personal things or feeling up and down my person.....and certainly do not approved of complete strangers given "pseudo" authority to do the same.

And find it CORRUPT that the very people WHO make such "pseudo" laws, at the Expense of the People at Large, EXCLUDE themselves from the same Treatment.
(Pharisees, in the basic sense, without the connotation of a Spiritual intent).

(For kicks and grins, I would not mind seeing the likes of Nancy Pelosi subjected to a 10 dollar an hour, strangers, same treatment and finding her second face tucked away in her luggage. LOL). Whoops!

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Willie T