when do you guys think the anti-christ will come?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
Hi Mandy, welcome :)

"Antichrist" are individuals who don't receive Christ in the flesh.
They've been around since folk like the jews rejected their Messiah.

If Christ is in my flesh or not, is the question.

Here's the (only) four places in scriptures that speak of antichrist type folk;

(1Jn 2:18) Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

(1Jn 2:22) Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

(1Jn 4:3) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

(2Jn 1:7) For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

As 1 Jn 4:3 says, antichrist are those who won't confess that Jesus is come in the flesh.

So here is the big question for us all of course...
Is Christ Come in MY flesh?
Or am I still waiting for something else as some men do?
We make the answer now :)

(Gal 2:20) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

(Col 1:24) Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

(1Jn 4:2) Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

Is Jesus Christ COME in my flesh? The big question we each need to ask ourselves!

Yes, I have received Him and He will never leave nor forsake me, He has promised and sworn with an oath to be with me always and forever even unto the ends of the world :)

Peace in Christ,
Whitestone

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
always interested in this.

First off mandygirl your avatar is inapropriate for a christian forum.
Second the antichrists have been here for a long time. Here are the scriptures that teach us about the antichrist.

1 John 2
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

1 John 4
3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

2 John 1
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Hi Mandy.

It could happen soon , we know the financial falterings of the USA since 2008 , now we see the European union falling apart too.

The solutions (printing more money) (Governments borrowing more money) will not be the cure.

Various religions are having more and more friction between them

=We need worldwide financial solutions

=We need worldwide religious solutions (peace & harmony)

Conditions like that make it ripe for a world leader (antichrist type) to step forward. It is expected he will have brilliant solutions and be seen as a hero by all (except the learned christian).

But the world still needs an abrupt crisis or financial collapse or breakout of war before accepting such radical change.

Remember that the Antichrist has two main agendas appealing to mankind .... a new financial deal , and a new religious deal.

Those are also the two things the world really needs right now.

But we have to be cautious , it may be far in the future , every generation for 2000 years thinks "now is the time" and have been proven wrong.

MTPockets

Aug 4, 2012
always interested in this.

Hi! 'MandyGirl'
You asked, "When do you guys think the anti-christ will come?"
The short answer is: It's already here ... has been since the beginnings of time.
Perhaps, the question you might have been better to ask is: "When will the anti-Christ be fully revealed?"

Now, some added discussion I'd like to prompt:
What is the Book of Revelation about?
Well, it's about a 'revealing', right?
What is being 'revealed'?
Well, the sons of God are being revealed.
That's what the entire Book of Revelation is intending to tell us ... about the revelation ... or the revealing/manifestation of the sons of God.
But the Book of Revelation is also telling us about another 'revealing' too ... the revealing of the anti-Christ.
But something much more pointed than merely the revealing of the anti-Christ ... the Book of Revelation is telling us about the revealing of the sons of Perdition.

'MandyGirl', a child of the light is led by the holy spirit. A child of darkness is led by the spirit of the anti-Christ.
A son of God is baptized in the Holy Spirit, but a son of Perdition is baptized in the powers of the Anti-Christ.

In the endtimes, there will be countless people who remained unaware of this unfolding spiritual development ... about the revelation of these two distinct opposing groups. This is because the event has been happening in the unseen heavenly places. There are many who are blind to the unseen things because they have not learned to "put their mind on things above". They eyes remain busy on the earth and they are expecting a physical appearance of the anti-Christ. instead of a spiritual appearance. Every decade there seems to arise yet another suspect .... Hitler or some Jihadist 'er someone else who seems to fit their earthly expectations.

Do you honestly think that the Devil is content just to tempt people and cause them to sin and drag them into hell?
Hardly likely!
No, the Devil desires to find a dwelling in man ... to steal the lawful and intended throne of God. Just like, Christ lives in us, the anti-Christ lives in others who prefer darkness over light. Just like there are some nominal Christians who think they are Christians, but are lukewarm at best, there are also people who are being led by the spirit of the anti-Christ who don't really want to follow after him ... they are lukewarm too.
But there are others, (and, increasingly so in these days), that are deliberately following after sin ... enjoying it ... boasting of it ... attached to darkness willingly ... and it is these who are now being filled with the spirit of the anti-Christ and becoming sons of Perdition.

In the endtimes, the fullness of these two groups will be manifested in both the heavens and on the earth ... both the sons of God and the sons of perdition. These two groups are now being equipped and prepared to triumph in the name of their master. We can see this ... the righteous are becoming more righteous still and the evil are becoming more eviler still.

The Book of Revelation is a narrative about the 'revealing' of these two groups. It is also about the coming conflict between the two groups. This is what the battle of Armageddon is ... the battle between the sons of God and the sons of Perdition.

If anyone wishes to truly identify the faithful people of God, he must first have his eyes set on "things above" so that they don't risk only knowing them "after the flesh". In the same manner, if anyone wishes to identify the anti-Christ and his followers. these too can only be perceived spiritually "from above" because they are not easily identifiable "after the flesh"..

Wow, I can hear people screaming "Heresy!" already! :) :)

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Strangest version of revelation I have heard yet ..... with the exception of Edgar Cayce who claimed the book of revelation described parts of the human body and brain.

Anyone who adds to the book of this prophecy ...... oh , never mind.

MTPockets

Aug 4, 2012
Hi! "Arnie Manitoba"
Wanna' know sumthin; really SCARY?
This person who you suspect may be 'Edgar Cayce' actually lives a province distant from you.
If yer not careful, the person could decide to move next door to your province and begin a denomination and name it the "EC Church of Heresy & Heretics".
I'd be praying that never happens, if I were you. :) :)

Strangest version of revelation I have heard yet ..... with the exception of Edgar Cayce who claimed the book of revelation described parts of the human body and brain.

Anyone who adds to the book of this prophecy ...... oh , never mind.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Hi! "Arnie Manitoba"
Wanna' know sumthin; really SCARY?
This person who you suspect may be 'Edgar Cayce' actually lives a province distant from you.
If yer not careful, the person could decide to move next door to your province and begin a denomination and name it the "EC Church of Heresy & Heretics".
I'd be praying that never happens, if I were you. :) :)

Huh ??? Cayce has been dead for years. What the heck are you talking about ?

MTPockets

Aug 4, 2012

Wow! You must be on 'Central DayLight Time'!
That's the TimeZone where everyone's brain functions an hour slower than Ontario. So, that explains your konphuzion.
Your comment referenced that the ideas which I presented to the Thread were akin to those of Edgar Cayce.
Well, I live in the province that causes the human brain to function an hour faster than yours. So, it's not a wonder that you missed the joke. :)
I was kindly offering you the warning that you had better begin to pray really hard 'cuz I just might decide to visit your hour-behind-everything province and start a denomination named the "EC Church of Heresy & Heretics".
By the way: do you realize that we in Ontario will catch the glimpse of Jesus' return about an hour before you do in Manitoba?
So, be kind to me ... and I might decide to return the favor and Post the news in this Forum to give you a headz-up.
:)

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit of anti-christ has been here since Christ. The son of perdition, the anti-christ spoken of as an individual in the book of the revelation is quite likely alive, mature and working in the world now. The world is in travail and our redemption draws near. The signs of the times are evident to anyone who checks the news on a regular basis. I don't subscribe to the 2012 nonsense or any of the date setters, but the powers of the earth are being shaken, soon the powers in the heavens as well.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida

Ok Arnie, but she really did scare me... I know edgar is dead, been dead,,, Now I'm not too scared of dead guys, but he is still moving?

Why did so many neglect the understanding that when Mandy refered to the Anti-Christ... she was referring to the Anti-Christ that will receive the mortal wound? I don't get that.

Oh yeah... anyone adding to or taking away thing... very harsh punishment for someone to do that....except for whom?

Hi Mandy.

It could happen soon , we know the financial falterings of the USA since 2008 , now we see the European union falling apart too.

The solutions (printing more money) (Governments borrowing more money) will not be the cure.

Various religions are having more and more friction between them

=We need worldwide financial solutions

=We need worldwide religious solutions (peace & harmony)

Conditions like that make it ripe for a world leader (antichrist type) to step forward. It is expected he will have brilliant solutions and be seen as a hero by all (except the learned christian).

But the world still needs an abrupt crisis or financial collapse or breakout of war before accepting such radical change.

Remember that the Antichrist has two main agendas appealing to mankind .... a new financial deal , and a new religious deal.

Those are also the two things the world really needs right now.

But we have to be cautious , it may be far in the future , every generation for 2000 years thinks "now is the time" and have been proven wrong.

Cautious, correct and they have been wrong in the past, but they were wrong for all the wrong reasons. The idea that the end is near presented with enough glitter produces revenue.. that was the wrong reasons. Today is quite different as it is the time. However knowing this... those desiring revenue get the box of glitter out again and now attempt to show it is closer than it is. Sooner or later someone will get it right becasue it will be " now. " This will not take another 100 years nor another 50 years though, unless I am going to be living a really long time, yet my body is in no shape for that. I will see part of Tribulations in my physical body while earthbound, but not all of it that way, thank God.

Heres a question... who ever takes away from this book or adds to it.....punishment is severe.... now the questtion....
I will not take away from the book of Revelation, however I will clarify that which was written, and add that which was not written yet was included already, but not yet all known, even by me, yet still is... who am I? And, there is another who can and will do the same...

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
Ok Arnie, but she really did scare me... I know edgar is dead, been dead,,, Now I'm not too scared of dead guys, but he is still moving?

Why did so many neglect the understanding that when Mandy refered to the Anti-Christ... she was referring to the Anti-Christ that will receive the mortal wound? I don't get that.

Oh yeah... anyone adding to or taking away thing... very harsh punishment for someone to do that....except for whom?

Cautious, correct and they have been wrong in the past, but they were wrong for all the wrong reasons. The idea that the end is near presented with enough glitter produces revenue.. that was the wrong reasons. Today is quite different as it is the time. However knowing this... those desiring revenue get the box of glitter out again and now attempt to show it is closer than it is. Sooner or later someone will get it right becasue it will be " now. " This will not take another 100 years nor another 50 years though, unless I am going to be living a really long time, yet my body is in no shape for that. I will see part of Tribulations in my physical body while earthbound, but not all of it that way, thank God.

Heres a question... who ever takes away from this book or adds to it.....punishment is severe.... now the questtion....
I will not take away from the book of Revelation, however I will clarify that which was written, and add that which was not written yet was included already, but not yet all known, even by me, yet still is... who am I? And, there is another who can and will do the same...

I don't think people understand this verse correctly.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

This is especially relevant in it's translation. How we interpret it is different.
The word heareth is better translated 'understand.' So I think this implies an intentional awareness and changing or pervertion of God's word.

This doesn't mean that if we teach something from the book incorrectly that our name is removed from the book of life.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
thanks 4 the reply! just curious about how many years from now its gonna be in your opinion?

Per the times and the seasons in God's Word about the end, specifically per Revelation, the final Antichrist false/messiah king is to come on the 6th Trumpet and 6th Vial.

The events given with the 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period, and 6th Vial represent the height of great tribulation time, another built temple in Jerusalem for him to sit in, and the establishing of the abomination idol per the Book of Daniel.

Right now, I believe we are still within the 4th Seal, 5th Trumpet, many of God's servants still be 'sealed' with His seal.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
The two witnesses will give prophecy. However, since it is written... what ever prophecy they give does not mean they are adding to or taking away. Next, it is also a prophecy that men will dream dreams and see visions.. for them to reveal their dreams or visions is also not taking away nor adding to prophecy.

If by when do I think the anti-christ will come.. you mean the beast or the false prophet or the false messiah, since the beast arises first and receives a mortal would... it is that one I refer to often as the anti-christ. Because the mortal wound's healing provides him fame, I suspect that is appearance ( fame due to healing ) occurrs just before the Daily Sacrifice commences and I expect that to occur roughly near 2017-18. At this time just a guess.

A maximum of 1010 days before Tribulation commences the Daily Sacrifice will have been started. 30 Days before Tribulation begins a Covenant will be made by the beast at which time the Daily Sacrifice is stopped - This is not the Abominaton of Desolation. For the Temple will have yet to be built and without the Temple there is no inner-sanctum for the Beat to pollute.

This beast will have already been given a mortal wound and been healed. I expect this beast to be given this wound after the start of the Daily Sacrifice and before the Covenant. This mortal wound being healed through miracle should be the vehicle which provides the fame the beast requires and popels his fame into a postion of power, which the beast needs. So... could the Covennt be made tomorrow? Nope, the Daily Sacrife has yet to start and continue for a time. So, if 2017 has not yet provided the start of the Daily Sacrifice then Tribulations cannot yet begin.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The Antichrist figure is about a singular person or entity that is the same one our Lord Jesus and His Apostles warned us that will come in the last days. That's who John was talking about with his first "antichrist" phrase. His second phrase "many antichrists" is about the Antichrist's servants which are already here, and have been at work for a long time. Paul referred to those as the "mystery of iniquity" in 2 Thess.2.

The Antichrist will come on the 6th Seal, 6th Trumpet, 6th Vial.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

I did not realize that Vet, thanks. I'll look into it, but figure you are correct.

If you keep at that, grasping the 6th trumpet timing ought to be fairly easy. It's the 6th seal and 6th vial parts that are the most difficult to grasp, and will require recalling our Lord Jesus Olivet Discourse, and the 'thief in the night" timing.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
The Antichrist figure is about a singular person or entity that is the same one our Lord Jesus and His Apostles warned us that will come in the last days. That's who John was talking about with his first "antichrist" phrase. His second phrase "many antichrists" is about the Antichrist's servants which are already here, and have been at work for a long time. Paul referred to those as the "mystery of iniquity" in 2 Thess.2.

I'll never understand how anyone can believe that the sixth seal, the sixth trumpet, and the sixth vial are all the same.
The first mention of the man of sin is in Rev. 13.

Revelation 6:12  And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13  And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14  And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15  And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16  And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17  For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

¶And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,

14  Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.

15  And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

16  And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

17  And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.

18  By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

19  For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.

20  And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

21  Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Revelation 16:12  ¶And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

13  And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14  For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

15  Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

16  And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It's a simple matter of allowing God's Word to interpret the symbols It gives, instead of allowing all kinds of associations from men's worldly views.