When I see the blood!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I see the blood.... I will pass! I will pass over you!
Can someone shout a little with me!

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All can sing to that, from Orthodox doctrine:
Families Saved By The Blood of the Lamb
Posted on April 19, 2014 by Fr Joseph Gleason

The blood of the lamb was placed on the doorposts, to protect the firstborn children.

In ancient Israel, God instituted the feast of Passover. Each household was to slaughter a lamb and spread its blood on the doorposts of the home. Lambs were sacrificed for the sake of entire families:

“Pick out and take lambs for yourselves according to your families, and kill the Passover lamb. And you shall take a bunch of hyssop, dip it in the blood that is in the basin, and strike the lintel and the two doorposts with the blood that is in the basin. And none of you shall go out of the door of his house until morning. For the Lord will pass through to strike the Egyptians; and when He sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the Lord will pass over the door and not allow the destroyer to come into your houses to strike you.” (Exodus 12:21-23)

God’s final plague had been prophesied upon Egypt, and only those homes protected by lamb’s blood would be spared. The plague was not for the heads of households. Rather, the plague was upon the firstborn children. If a man happened to be a middle child, or the youngest sibling in his family, he was in no danger. The plague would not touch him. Still, he applied the blood of the lamb to his home, to protect his firstborn child.

When God’s people spread lamb’s blood on their doorposts, it usually wasn’t to save themselves.

It was to save their children.

The Passover feast was the greatest and most central feast celebrated by God’s people, prior to the coming of Christ. And from the beginning, it was a feast centered around family relationships, and the protection of one’s children.

According to tradition Jews normally impaled the lamb on a piece of wood, and then put another piece of wood crossways, to which the lamb’s legs would then be tied, in preparation for roasting.

“For the lamb, which is roasted, is roasted and dressed up in the form of the cross. For one spit is transfixed right through from the lower parts up to the head, and one across the back, to which are attached the legs of the lamb.”
http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf01.viii.iv.xl.html

The Passover lamb was roasted on a cross of wood.
Its body was eaten by all in the household.
The lamb’s blood saved them from death.

The Passover lamb pointed forward to the coming of Christ.

“For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.”
(1 Corinthians 5:7)

Jesus was crucified on a cross of wood.
His body and blood are eaten by all in the Church.
The Lamb’s blood saves us all from death.

And it is not just a salvation for individuals.
It continues to be a salvation for entire families:

“Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children . . .” (Acts 2:38-39)

Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul. . . . she and her household were baptized . . .” (Acts 16:14-15)

So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized. Now when he had brought them into his house, he set food before them; and he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household. (Acts 16:31-34)

“I thank God . . . when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice . . .” (2 Timothy 1:3-5)
The point is ,it is a universal belief among all who consider themselves Christian and yes, even among..... dare I say it- Orthodox and Catholics.

Reactions: rockytopva

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen...awesome song...

So many somehow miss the depth of the living power of Jesus Christ in the precious blood.
We have seen so many deliverances by proclaiming the power of the blood of people or situations...

I remember the testimony of the great healing ministry Smith Wigglesworth proclaiming the Name of Jesus and the blood of Jesus over a man who was almost dead and hadn't been able to get out of bed for a year....
He and two friends proclaimed the Name and The Blood over his bed for hours and hours...finally the man shouted, leaped out of bed , dressed and went down stairs and asked his wife to cook him something because he was starving !!!

Those old testimonies thrill my soul!! :)

Thank you... a Good reminder brother!! God Bless ✟

Reactions: rockytopva

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
give me some of that red stew, or i will die!

I had never seen Jacobs stew as a likeness of the redemptive blood.
So Esau was trying to get it , yet at a high price...of his birthright , that he obviously viewed in that moment of time.. 'as nothing' !!
What a fool.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I had never seen Jacobs stew as a likeness of the redemptive blood.
So Esau was trying to get it , yet at a high price...of his birthright , that he obviously viewed in that moment of time.. 'as nothing' !!
What a fool.
yet dont most "believers" eschew their birthright in favor of what i call death, more abundantly? Some imaginary perfect "afterlife" that requires them to dig a pit (hell) for others, and make a bargain with death as Isaiah says? Yes, what a fool i was lol

and imo the Bible is great at that, putting lessons in such a way that we dissociate from them if we are not inclined to be self-reflective; imo Legion is a story about us, and likely pretty much any parable that casts some guy in a less than favorable light, we are certainly the Rich Man, etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
consider the context there if you would, and see how singing this pins you down in a certain way. Not saying the song is bad or anything ok rocky? But the spirit, the understanding in which it is sung? As if it personally applies now, rather than as a rememberance or memorial song? Get what im saying?
its maybe a great starting point

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
under the law, virtually everything requires blood

I desire mercy, not sacrifice

but i mean i dont mean stop singing that song or anything if you like, and bam if you id with the song walk out the door yeh
:D
cross the sea of reeds next good luck

Last edited: